Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


2011 Redskins Free Agent Rumors and Reports Thread

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2011, 05:34 PM   #151
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: 2011 Redskins Free Agent Rumors and Reports Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I remember a lot folks wanting him here before that draft.
I was one of them.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline  

Advertisements
Old 07-21-2011, 05:56 PM   #152
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: 2011 Redskins Free Agent Rumors and Reports Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
I completely forgot about Branch, how did he fare in Arizona? I remember he fell down to 2nd round after the big hype, and if I recall right, the big knock on him was his laziness. I am sure he has the size to be NT, but if Arizona decide to let him go because of his laziness then I definitely do not want him.

As for those media claiming that Redskins will be big spender in FA; all I can say is, speculation is media's best friend. The idea of Redskins being big spender exploded right after JLC posted his article. And we all know how credible JLC is when it comes to Redskins.
Branch is an Anthony Bryant style player, though just 26. Basically, has the ability to two gap as a nose in the NFL, but the position coach needs to ride him hard to get adequate performance. Work effort concerns that caused him to drop to round two in the draft still evidence, according to Arizona reports.

I am in support of investing in more of the kind of player that Anthony Bryant is, and hoping that one of the two takes advantage of the opportunity in front of them to become the player we need. After all, we don't need both to pan out, only one, and we save a lot of money, and get improved performance over the average free agent.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 07-21-2011, 06:22 PM   #153
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,335
Re: 2011 Redskins Free Agent Rumors and Reports Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
I completely forgot about Branch, how did he fare in Arizona? I remember he fell down to 2nd round after the big hype, and if I recall right, the big knock on him was his laziness. I am sure he has the size to be NT, but if Arizona decide to let him go because of his laziness then I definitely do not want him.

As for those media claiming that Redskins will be big spender in FA; all I can say is, speculation is media's best friend. The idea of Redskins being big spender exploded right after JLC posted his article. And we all know how credible JLC is when it comes to Redskins.
Here is a nice article about Branch:

Stay Or Go: Arizona Cardinals Defensive Tackle Alan Branch - Revenge of the Birds

It seems that he was having some work ethic issues in his first two years, but seems to have improved in the last two. I am surprised that his name is hasn't been mentioned, since he is one of the true NTs out there (with the experience). Some of the other names mentioned such as Cofield and Okoye, would probably fare better as 3-4 DEs. I think Branch would be a good pick up and it would give us a nice young group of NTs.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 07-21-2011, 08:21 PM   #154
The Starter
 
#56fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Charlotte NC
Age: 40
Posts: 1,789
Re: 2011 Redskins Free Agent Rumors and Reports Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Just about every reliable source I have talked to says Moss is coming back
I am for bringing Moss back, but why is Santonio Holmes being mentioned?? They seem to me to be the same type of receiver in this offense. I would think Hankerson and Kelly are the guys to watch early in camp. Also having Armstrong who has a year in the offense. I really dont see how we or why would bring in another reciever. Unless its a sydny rice. We need to invest the money on the oline, as we have seen, if the QB can't throw it, no one is going to catch it
#56fanatic is offline  
Old 07-21-2011, 08:31 PM   #155
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,023
Re: 2011 Redskins Free Agent Rumors and Reports Thread

Holmes is probably the backup plan, but I've heard the Jets don't intend on letting him get away.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 12:08 AM   #156
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,220
Re: 2011 Redskins Free Agent Rumors and Reports Thread

I'm not too big on Holmes, solid player but not a dominant WR. I'd take him but not for big time $
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now  
Old 07-22-2011, 01:24 AM   #157
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: 2011 Redskins Free Agent Rumors and Reports Thread

The best of the rest.....National Football Report: List of best UDFA's for 2011.

2011 NFL draft undrafted free agents,udfa's | National Football Report
SBXVII is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 01:27 AM   #158
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: 2011 Redskins Free Agent Rumors and Reports Thread

NFL's Furture.com top 50 UDFA's....

NFLsFuture.com Blog Archive Top 50 Undrafted Free Agents from the 2011 NFL Draft
SBXVII is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 02:06 AM   #159
Impact Rookie
 
ethat001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 736
Re: 2011 Redskins Free Agent Rumors and Reports Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I'm not too big on Holmes, solid player but not a dominant WR. I'd take him but not for big time $
Interesting pun. That's the problem, he's not so big himself. He's 5'11".

We'd be trading SantanA for SantonIO. Not to mention he carries more baggage than Santana -- Holmes has his substance abuse problems.
ethat001 is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 09:54 AM   #160
The Starter
 
#56fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Charlotte NC
Age: 40
Posts: 1,789
Re: 2011 Redskins Free Agent Rumors and Reports Thread

I really hope the front office (shanny) make resigning Moss a priority vs. signing Holmes. This would be the exact moves this franchise has made over the last 11 years. Letting your core guys leave to bring in a FA. We have to rid ourselves of these moves. We have young receivers and we need to develop them. Same as RB's, no need in bringing in a veteran. LB's, we have some young talent there. Lichensleiger (SP), Montgomery, seem to be ready to step up and play center. Let them compete for the job, Raymer has been good, but he may serve as a better back up at this point. We really need to develop our young talent.
#56fanatic is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 10:21 AM   #161
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,023
Re: 2011 Redskins Free Agent Rumors and Reports Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic View Post
I really hope the front office (shanny) make resigning Moss a priority vs. signing Holmes. This would be the exact moves this franchise has made over the last 11 years. Letting your core guys leave to bring in a FA. We have to rid ourselves of these moves. We have young receivers and we need to develop them. Same as RB's, no need in bringing in a veteran. LB's, we have some young talent there. Lichensleiger (SP), Montgomery, seem to be ready to step up and play center. Let them compete for the job, Raymer has been good, but he may serve as a better back up at this point. We really need to develop our young talent.
All indications seem to point to that.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 10:33 AM   #162
The Starter
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 2,436
Re: 2011 Redskins Free Agent Rumors and Reports Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
The best of the rest.....National Football Report: List of best UDFA's for 2011.

2011 NFL draft undrafted free agents,udfa's | National Football Report
There are a lot of players on that list who are worth a shot. I'm very interested to see who the Skins sign.
KI Skins Fan is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 11:51 AM   #163
Playmaker
 
NYCskinfan82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Queens, NYC
Age: 45
Posts: 3,433
Re: 2011 Redskins Free Agent Rumors and Reports Thread

So far the SKINS FO hide their moves well. The players we are going to bring in probably haven't even been talked about anywhere yet IMO.
NYCskinfan82 is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 12:55 PM   #164
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,335
Re: 2011 Redskins Free Agent Rumors and Reports Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
So far the SKINS FO hide their moves well. The players we are going to bring in probably haven't even been talked about anywhere yet IMO.
Very good point. Which is why I don't get why people get up in arms about any rumors about possible FAs, etc., etc.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 07-22-2011, 02:00 PM   #165
Playmaker
 
NYCskinfan82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Queens, NYC
Age: 45
Posts: 3,433
Re: 2011 Redskins Free Agent Rumors and Reports Thread

Brown's Nose Tackle Ahtyba Rubin: Possible Trade Target for Redskins? - Hogs Haven

Saw this wanted to know what you think.
NYCskinfan82 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.44741 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25