Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Expectations of Malcom Kelly

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2011, 09:12 AM   #31
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,514
Re: Expectations of Malcom Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Malcom Kelly is the Greg Oden of the NFL.



Any sort of injury in training camp and consider his career over. (at least in Washington)
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-18-2011, 09:43 AM   #32
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,084
Re: Expectations of Malcom Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by hail_2_da_skins View Post
I expect nothing out of Malcolm Kelly. Malcolm Kelly and Devin Thomas were wasted picks. Kelly has had health issues since college and it has not worked out. Lets move on!
Well if Kelly was a lost cause, MS would have dumped him a long time ago.


Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
[B]Malcom Kelly is the Greg Oden of the NFL.[/B}]
Only if he had been the first pick in the draft and we had passed over Sam Bradford or Adrian Peterson or some other young superstar.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:17 AM   #33
Playmaker
 
NYCskinfan82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Queens, NYC
Age: 44
Posts: 3,429
Re: Expectations of Malcom Kelly

Roster Battles: Wide Receiver - Hogs Haven

I hope they do it for all positions, cause if were bringing in 90 players there is going to be battles everywhere.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:26 AM   #34
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,854
Re: Expectations of Malcom Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
Roster Battles: Wide Receiver - Hogs Haven

I hope they do it for all positions, cause if were bringing in 90 players there is going to be battles everywhere.
Not sure I agree with their stance on AA. I would guess his spot is pretty safe.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:31 AM   #35
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Expectations of Malcom Kelly

I'm guessing on nice catch in training camp but he gets hurt on the play and is done. I have zero expectations of him.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:58 AM   #36
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,913
Re: Expectations of Malcom Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
Roster Battles: Wide Receiver - Hogs Haven

I hope they do it for all positions, cause if were bringing in 90 players there is going to be battles everywhere.
Who ever created the ranking is way off. Kelly is way too high and at this early stage so is Hankerson. Yes Kelly is a big wild card, but I rank him lower until he shows something. Then move him up or down. Until then he belongs with the second tier of rookies.

My ranking of our WR (1-10):

8) Moss
7) Anthony Armstrong
7) Leonard Hankerson
5) Brandon Banks
4) Malcolm Kelly
3) Rest of Rookies
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:17 PM   #37
Impact Rookie
 
skinster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 754
Re: Expectations of Malcom Kelly

I don't believe it is smart to have expectations of malcolm kelly. We should assume he is not going to produce for us. He could very well surprise us and have a breakthrough year, but after battling so many injuries, and not having proven anything to us even when he is healthy enough to play, we shouldn't "expect" anything from him but we can still hope that he turns out to be a nice surprise.
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:19 PM   #38
Playmaker
 
sportscurmudgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,159
Re: Expectations of Malcom Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
Roster Battles: Wide Receiver - Hogs Haven

I hope they do it for all positions, cause if were bringing in 90 players there is going to be battles everywhere.
They bring in the max allowed number of players to training camp EVERY year and usually there are precious few real "battles for a position".

I expect that several new starters will emerge this year - - at least I sure damned hope so - - but some of them will be Free Agent signings who will be handed their starting roles and others will be high draft picks.

Real honest "Roster Battles" are unlikely...
__________________
The Sports Curmudgeon
www.sportscurmudgeon.com
But don't get me wrong, I love sports...
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:21 PM   #39
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,107
Re: Expectations of Malcom Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon View Post
They bring in the max allowed number of players to training camp EVERY year and usually there are precious few real "battles for a position".

I expect that several new starters will emerge this year - - at least I sure damned hope so - - but some of them will be Free Agent signings who will be handed their starting roles and others will be high draft picks.

Real honest "Roster Battles" are unlikely...
^^^^^^^^^^^^
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
ďItís all the political correct idiots in America, thatís all it is. Itís got nothing to do with anything else.
-Mike Ditka
Hog1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:21 PM   #40
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Expectations of Malcom Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Who ever created the ranking is way off. Kelly is way too high and at this early stage so is Hankerson. Yes Kelly is a big wild card, but I rank him lower until he shows something. Then move him up or down. Until then he belongs with the second tier of rookies.

My ranking of our WR (1-10):

8) Moss
7) Anthony Armstrong
7) Leonard Hankerson
5) Brandon Banks
4) Malcolm Kelly
3) Rest of Rookies
I really think Niles Paul deserves his name mentioned just about "rest of them".
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:40 PM   #41
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,667
Re: Expectations of Malcom Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Who ever created the ranking is way off. Kelly is way too high and at this early stage so is Hankerson. Yes Kelly is a big wild card, but I rank him lower until he shows something. Then move him up or down. Until then he belongs with the second tier of rookies.

My ranking of our WR (1-10):

8) Moss
7) Anthony Armstrong
7) Leonard Hankerson
5) Brandon Banks
4) Malcolm Kelly
3) Rest of Rookies
Austin goes where?
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:21 PM   #42
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,913
Re: Expectations of Malcom Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
I really think Niles Paul deserves his name mentioned just about "rest of them".
I agree. My bad.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:25 PM   #43
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Expectations of Malcom Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Austin goes where?
Wow...everyone forgot Terrence.

I'd put him even with Banks on potential...above Kelly at this point.

We're so deep at WR.

I'll try the ranking now too:

Moss
Armstrong
Hankerson (has the potential to be #1 or #2)
Austin
Banks (ranking as WR only, no returning factored in)
Kelly
Paul
Robinson
Roydell Williams
Taurus Johnson
Maurice Price


I think Moss, Armstrong, Hank, Austin, Banks and Paul will make the cut. Kelly will be cut after an injury. Aldrick Robinson to PS.

IF KELLY MAKES THE TEAM, I hate to say it but Brandon Banks could be in trouble, if not, both Paul and Robinson may be PS players. It's going to be interesting. We always have a ton of WRs in camp but this is the most talented group I can remember for a long time.

I think one of the reasons Kelly has been kept around for his size but now with Hankerson on board...we have our tall WR now and MK could be expendable now.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:02 PM   #44
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,913
Re: Expectations of Malcom Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Wow...everyone forgot Terrence.

I'd put him even with Banks on potential...above Kelly at this point.

We're so deep at WR.

I'll try the ranking now too:

Moss
Armstrong
Hankerson (has the potential to be #1 or #2)
Austin
Banks (ranking as WR only, no returning factored in)
Kelly
Paul
Robinson
Roydell Williams
Taurus Johnson
Maurice Price


I think Moss, Armstrong, Hank, Austin, Banks and Paul will make the cut. Kelly will be cut after an injury. Aldrick Robinson to PS.

IF KELLY MAKES THE TEAM, I hate to say it but Brandon Banks could be in trouble, if not, both Paul and Robinson may be PS players. It's going to be interesting. We always have a ton of WRs in camp but this is the most talented group I can remember for a long time.

I think one of the reasons Kelly has been kept around for his size but now with Hankerson on board...we have our tall WR now and MK could be expendable now.
1) IMO you have to factor in special teams. Especially when a non-starter is exceptional at it.
2) If Kelly has a decent camp and preseason, maybe some team might spend a 6th rounder to get him from us. Wishful thinking.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:16 PM   #45
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,795
Re: Expectations of Malcom Kelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Who ever created the ranking is way off. Kelly is way too high and at this early stage so is Hankerson. Yes Kelly is a big wild card, but I rank him lower until he shows something. Then move him up or down. Until then he belongs with the second tier of rookies.

My ranking of our WR (1-10):

8) Moss
7) Anthony Armstrong
7) Leonard Hankerson
5) Brandon Banks
4) Malcolm Kelly
3) Rest of Rookies
Brandon Banks isn't going to make the squad. Niles can play the WR position and still be a force in the return game. Banks cannot.


Mark my words, Niles Paul will make the team before Brandon Banks.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30612 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25