Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins sign QB Kellen Clemens

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2011, 01:19 PM   #16
Impact Rookie
 
hail_2_da_skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: St. Louis, MO
Age: 58
Posts: 863
Re: Redskins sign QB Kellen Clemens

Yuk! Shanny must truly believe in Beck. Bringing in multiple bums does not improve the team. There is a gaping hole at quarterback. I thought Shanny had a plan. If this is the plan, it stinks. The Skins have the worst quarterback in the division. How are they going to compete against Vick, Romo and Manning. Yuk!
__________________
"HAIL TO THE SKINS"
hail_2_da_skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-27-2011, 01:20 PM   #17
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,725
Re: Redskins sign QB Kellen Clemens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Why are so many of you "fans" already giving up on this season and even more odd, think that the organization is planning on tanking?

We've made a TON of improvements everywhere...more 3-4 pieces, a better line, we're very deep at WR and RB now...just because we're going with John Beck (who Shanahan had rated as his #1 QB on his draft board in 2007)...doesn't mean we're intentionally trying to just forget about winning at all this year.

Beck could work out, we're building around him and he should have plenty of options to go to on the field. Protecting him will be the key. I'd rather see what he can do than toss out a failed QB like Vince Young or Matt Leinart. Orton is good when he has Brandon Marshall to toss bombs to, but otherwise has been mediocre.

Hey, if Trent Dilfer can win a SB, John Beck can.

One more quality CB and we'll have a GREAT secondary...Orakpo, Fletcher and Kerrigan are an awesome LB trio, the D-Line is coming together nicely...we have the chance to be very good this season.

I'm actually rooting for the team.
I don't think anyone is rooting against the team, I hope not (well maybe SandTrap) I just think a lot of people find it easier to be Negative Nancy's instead of Positive Patsy's.
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for RG3
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:21 PM   #18
Playmaker
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 2,545
Re: Redskins sign QB Kellen Clemens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Why are so many of you "fans" already giving up on this season and even more odd, think that the organization is planning on tanking?

We've made a TON of improvements everywhere...more 3-4 pieces, a better line, we're very deep at WR and RB now...just because we're going with John Beck (who Shanahan had rated as his #1 QB on his draft board in 2007)...doesn't mean we're intentionally trying to just forget about winning at all this year.

Beck could work out, we're building around him and he should have plenty of options to go to on the field. Protecting him will be the key. I'd rather see what he can do than toss out a failed QB like Vince Young or Matt Leinart. Orton is good when he has Brandon Marshall to toss bombs to, but otherwise has been mediocre.

Hey, if Trent Dilfer can win a SB, John Beck can.

One more quality CB and we'll have a GREAT secondary...Orakpo, Fletcher and Kerrigan are an awesome LB trio, the D-Line is coming together nicely...we have the chance to be very good this season.

I'm actually rooting for the team.
To quote lyrics from a very old song: "Don't bogard that joint, my friend; pass it over to me."
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:23 PM   #19
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Redskins sign QB Kellen Clemens

Kellen Clemens was John Beck before John Beck was John Beck.

He's still younger than John Beck, and that's something that he'll never grow out of.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:23 PM   #20
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,725
Re: Redskins sign QB Kellen Clemens

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
To quote lyrics from a very old song: "Don't bogard that joint, my friend; pass it over to me."
Why'd you quote that song? Santonio Holmes didn't sign with us. LOL
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for RG3
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:24 PM   #21
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Redskins sign QB Kellen Clemens

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
I don't think anyone is rooting against the team, I hope not (well maybe SandTrap) I just think a lot of people find it easier to be Negative Nancy's instead of Positive Patsy's.
There are a lot of comments around here about getting Andrew Luck and us basically giving up on this season, even some insinuations about Shanahan purposely putting a weak team on the field for draft position.

It's getting ridiculous.

Reminds me a lot of the Looney Tunes chaos when Patrick Ramsey was QB, or Chase Daniel/Colt Brennan.

Makes me wonder if some of you are on the wrong meds.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:24 PM   #22
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,826
Re: Redskins sign QB Kellen Clemens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Why are so many of you "fans" already giving up on this season and even more odd, think that the organization is planning on tanking?

We've made a TON of improvements everywhere...more 3-4 pieces, a better line, we're very deep at WR and RB now...just because we're going with John Beck (who Shanahan had rated as his #1 QB on his draft board in 2007)...doesn't mean we're intentionally trying to just forget about winning at all this year.

Beck could work out, we're building around him and he should have plenty of options to go to on the field. Protecting him will be the key. I'd rather see what he can do than toss out a failed QB like Vince Young or Matt Leinart. Orton is good when he has Brandon Marshall to toss bombs to, but otherwise has been mediocre.

Hey, if Trent Dilfer can win a SB, John Beck can.

One more quality CB and we'll have a GREAT secondary...Orakpo, Fletcher and Kerrigan are an awesome LB trio, the D-Line is coming together nicely...we have the chance to be very good this season.

I'm actually rooting for the team.
Dude at this point Young and Leinart are better QB's then Beck. I agree with you though if we could just sneak NA our D would be awesome and we only need a few points from the O to win games.

Maybe the Jets broke the bank on Holmes and now NA is up for grabs.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:27 PM   #23
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,401
Re: Redskins sign QB Kellen Clemens

Hope everyone realizes we can take 90 players to camp. Just sayin'.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:27 PM   #24
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Redskins sign QB Kellen Clemens

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Dude at this point Young and Leinart are better QB's then Beck. I agree with you though if we could just sneak NA our D would be awesome and we only need a few points from the O to win games.

Maybe the Jets broke the bank on Holmes and now NA is up for grabs.
I agree about NA and building a great D to compensate for our iffy QB situation, but I'm going to support Beck until he proves he's a bust like Young and Leinart. He hasn't really had a chance to show what he can do. The 1-15 Dolphins mess he was thrown into was a no-win situation. He is in a FAR better situation here and so far, has been showing a lot of leadership in the "offseason". Lets see what he can do before declaring it a lost year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Hope everyone realizes we can take 90 players to camp. Just sayin'.
And usually at least a dozen WRs...it happens every year.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
Why'd you quote that song? Santonio Holmes didn't sign with us. LOL

Well done.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:27 PM   #25
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,725
Re: Redskins sign QB Kellen Clemens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
There are a lot of comments around here about getting Andrew Luck and us basically giving up on this season, even some insinuations about Shanahan purposely putting a weak team on the field for draft position.

It's getting ridiculous.
I agree with you completely. I think they are way overblowing it. A lot of teams have been successful with average at best QB's. They just have to have good players to surround that QB and a good defense. We are getting there. I think we will be better than those type of people give us credit for. I guess i was just trying to be a Positive Patsy!
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for RG3
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:29 PM   #26
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
Re: Redskins sign QB Kellen Clemens

It's still very possible we may sign Leinart or even (perhaps less likely) Young. And keep it mind, while it's been 99% expected since February, we stil haven't signed Grossman and there are teams (Cincinnati, for one) showing some interest in him.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:30 PM   #27
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Redskins sign QB Kellen Clemens

To me, this signing says more about the Redskins plan to rebuild the QB position than it does about Kellen Clemens. Kellen Clemens, Matt Leinart, and John Beck all have something in common. They were all top two round picks. They all had really good predictive college statistics. They all can be acquired at bargain basement prices (I think Leinart is not coming here because there's actually a market for him).

Basically, the Shanahan's are making a bet that the market missed on a QB drafted between 2006-2008 and they can find him. They're probably right on the first clause: probability alone suggests that NFL types probably missed on Leinart OR Clemens OR Quinn OR Beck OR Nate Davis. But obviously, they didn't miss on all of them.

And personally, the one guy in that group who seems like he has the least upside is Beck. But at least, I believe, the intentions are in the right place.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:30 PM   #28
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,339
Re: Redskins sign QB Kellen Clemens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
There are a lot of comments around here about getting Andrew Luck and us basically giving up on this season, even some insinuations about Shanahan purposely putting a weak team on the field for draft position.

It's getting ridiculous.

Reminds me a lot of the Looney Tunes chaos when Patrick Ramsey was QB, or Chase Daniel/Colt Brennan.

Makes me wonder if some of you are on the wrong meds.

Ppl need to slow the F down.. John Beck was a highly rated QB after BYU, Many coaches around the league said he was the best QB that year.. Just wait and see geez
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:32 PM   #29
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Redskins sign QB Kellen Clemens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Hope everyone realizes we can take 90 players to camp. Just sayin'.
sonny is still breathing. perhaps we should give him a shot.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:33 PM   #30
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Redskins sign QB Kellen Clemens

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Ppl need to slow the F down.. John Beck was a highly rated QB after BYU, Many coaches around the league said he was the best QB that year.. Just wait and see geez
You said what I meant, just more directly!





Give him a chance people. Shanahan has been a winner (don't bring up the Elway argument...John could not win until he had Shanny and Reeves was a great coach). I'd like to think he knows what he's going, so I'm going to trust him on Beck.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.35915 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25