Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Training camp 2011 thread

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2011, 07:09 PM   #166
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,062
Re: Training camp 2011 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
Redskins Monday camp notes - NFC East Blog - ESPN

Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere but was an interesting read ... most discouraging is Santana's opinion of Beck as just another guy throwing to him, not exactly high praise. On the flip side, Silverback's lost some weight, Hankerson's looking decent and some other good news. Last but not least, it seems like a foregone conclusion that Los will leave so any news on that front?
Actually it was:
But when asked about Beck, Moss shrugged, said he'd played with 10 different quarterbacks in 11 years and doesn't pay much attention to it.

If you have ever seen a Santana interview, that's how he is......high speed....low drag
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
ďItís all the political correct idiots in America, thatís all it is. Itís got nothing to do with anything else.
-Mike Ditka
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-01-2011, 07:39 PM   #167
The Starter
 
rbanerjee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,392
Re: Training camp 2011 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Actually it was:
But when asked about Beck, Moss shrugged, said he'd played with 10 different quarterbacks in 11 years and doesn't pay much attention to it.

If you have ever seen a Santana interview, that's how he is......high speed....low drag
ehh... close enough or at least that's how I took it - Santana has had 10 different guys throwing to him and this is just #11 in his book.

IDK, maybe that is how Moss is but I was kind of hoping that our #1 receiver (presumably) would be a little more excited about the guy throwing to him
__________________
"Tough times don't last but tough people do"

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:01 PM   #168
The Starter
 
mbedner3420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,833
Re: Training camp 2011 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsawyer View Post
wonder if landry has practiced any today?
From what I saw, he was mostly sidelined. He did however do some sprints with a resistance band.

Cool dude, he came up after an interview to sign a bunch of stuff for the fans. Seemed like a good guy.
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:04 PM   #169
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,628
Re: Training camp 2011 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbedner3420 View Post
From what I saw, he was mostly sidelined. He did however do some sprints with a resistance band.

Cool dude, he came up after an interview to sign a bunch of stuff for the fans. Seemed like a good guy.
I wonder if anyone has given him Curious George merchandise to autograph.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:05 PM   #170
The Starter
 
mbedner3420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,833
Re: Training camp 2011 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
I wonder if anyone has given him Curious George merchandise to autograph.
I didn't see any, but that would be funny lol. I was tempted to ask him about his monkey if that makes you feel better.
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:24 PM   #171
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,104
Re: Training camp 2011 thread

Bob Stoops was on the radio today in OKC and said "The redskins have 2 of the elite Tackles in the NFL and TW was the best O Lineman he's seen in years" That's a great sign from one of the smartest coaches in football
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:34 PM   #172
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,672
Re: Training camp 2011 thread

Let's see what he'd say if they were two Oklahoma State linemen
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:36 PM   #173
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,104
Re: Training camp 2011 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Let's see what he'd say if they were two Oklahoma State linemen

Actually praised Okung also but not as much lol
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:31 PM   #174
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,731
Re: Training camp 2011 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
Redskins Monday camp notes - NFC East Blog - ESPN

Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere but was an interesting read ... most discouraging is Santana's opinion of Beck as just another guy throwing to him, not exactly high praise. On the flip side, Silverback's lost some weight, Hankerson's looking decent and some other good news. Last but not least, it seems like a foregone conclusion that Los will leave so any news on that front?
Interesting, this says Beck threw some nice deep passes, while others say he struggled with deep throws. Wish someone could clear this up.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:37 PM   #175
The Starter
 
mbedner3420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,833
Re: Training camp 2011 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Interesting, this says Beck threw some nice deep passes, while others say he struggled with deep throws. Wish someone could clear this up.
From what I saw, he had two deep balls. One seemed to perfectly reach Armstrong in stride. Armstrong just botched the catch. The other was slightly under thrown, but hankerson made an acrobatic catch, fought with the db and pulled it in - albeit out of bounds. Beck had some really solid, accurate intermediate passes, and some awful ones. Particularly two consecutive d. Hall interceptions.
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:40 PM   #176
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Training camp 2011 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
Thanks. But unfortunitly im not really a twitter guy, maybe ill sign up so i can get there stuff.
Shameless self plug, I do light aggregation for the skins media and players on twitter so chances are if you check my feed a few times a day you'll catch mostly everything

When I started it was overwhelming trying to follow everyone and decide who was worth it so I decided to make it easier for the less socially adventurous
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:48 PM   #177
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,104
Re: Training camp 2011 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbedner3420 View Post
From what I saw, he had two deep balls. One seemed to perfectly reach Armstrong in stride. Armstrong just botched the catch. The other was slightly under thrown, but hankerson made an acrobatic catch, fought with the db and pulled it in - albeit out of bounds. Beck had some really solid, accurate intermediate passes, and some awful ones. Particularly two consecutive d. Hall interceptions.

D HALL is a ball hawk though
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:50 PM   #178
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,883
Re: Training camp 2011 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
Shameless self plug, I do light aggregation for the skins media and players on twitter so chances are if you check my feed a few times a day you'll catch mostly everything

When I started it was overwhelming trying to follow everyone and decide who was worth it so I decided to make it easier for the less socially adventurous
Maybe I'll start following you. I have a Twitter account but I honestly don't log on at all nowadays because it's such a bother figuring out who to follow to get info from. I'd rather just come here and see what's happening with the 'Skins because breaking news gets posted here as fast as anywhere else.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:11 PM   #179
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,724
Re: Training camp 2011 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
D HALL is a ball hawk though

...must resist.....fight the urge.....can't hold it....arrrrhhhhh
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:12 PM   #180
The Starter
 
mbedner3420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,833
Re: Training camp 2011 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
D HALL is a ball hawk though
That's a positive spin on our crappy QB!

It was funny, he had a pretty good line during an interview shortly after practice. When asked about the interception, he said "it was like picking cherries."
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30787 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25