Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Training camp 2011 thread

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2011, 11:56 PM   #811
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,470
Re: Training camp 2011 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
Dude, this is what you said ad verbatim: "Why wait, that's what he have to look forward to next year" -- which can only suggest that this season is nothing to look forward to, only next year's draft. I'm not calling you out, just saying that is what it sounds like
sounds like someone needs a lesson on inferred vs implied.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-22-2011, 12:46 AM   #812
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 27
Posts: 12,173
Re: Training camp 2011 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
Dude, this is what you said ad verbatim: "Why wait, that's what he have to look forward to next year" -- which can only suggest that this season is nothing to look forward to, only next year's draft. I'm not calling you out, just saying that is what it sounds like
Bro, if I was going to say the season is hopeless, I'd come out and say the season is hopeless. I'm not one to mince words. You are just taking what I said the wrong way.

Do I think we have a chance to be successful this year? Yeah, I do. Do I think we could be like the Packers of last year, sneak into the playoffs, get into the big dance and pull off an upset over a team like the Steelers/Pats/Colts? No, I don't. But that's a far cry from the Saden's of the internet world, who have already come out and said it's going to be a long season with no hope with Beck at quarterback.

But as far as my original post goes, I'm probably excited about next year's draft as much as I am about this season, mainly because I have wanted the Redskins to build through the draft for years, and this year was an excellent start with what looks to be a strong draft class that we will build upon for years to come. I also think our long term quarterback of the future will be in next year's draft class, even if Beck or Grossman has success this season.

I don't know how old you are, or how long you've been a Redskins fan, but I want long term success more than anything. I've never witnessed the Redskins in a Super Bowl, the Redskins in an NFC Championship Game, hell, I've never even witnessed consecutive winning seasons by the Redskins. If I had to give up a year of success if it meant having 10+ straight years of success, I'd do it in a heartbeat. And that was the underlying theme behind my post above. I'm just as excited about next year's draft as I am about this season because I do believe this team is headed in the right direction for longer term success.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:13 AM   #813
The Starter
 
rbanerjee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,441
Re: Training camp 2011 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Bro, if I was going to say the season is hopeless, I'd come out and say the season is hopeless. I'm not one to mince words. You are just taking what I said the wrong way.

Do I think we have a chance to be successful this year? Yeah, I do. Do I think we could be like the Packers of last year, sneak into the playoffs, get into the big dance and pull off an upset over a team like the Steelers/Pats/Colts? No, I don't. But that's a far cry from the Saden's of the internet world, who have already come out and said it's going to be a long season with no hope with Beck at quarterback.

But as far as my original post goes, I'm probably excited about next year's draft as much as I am about this season, mainly because I have wanted the Redskins to build through the draft for years, and this year was an excellent start with what looks to be a strong draft class that we will build upon for years to come. I also think our long term quarterback of the future will be in next year's draft class, even if Beck or Grossman has success this season.

I don't know how old you are, or how long you've been a Redskins fan, but I want long term success more than anything. I've never witnessed the Redskins in a Super Bowl, the Redskins in an NFC Championship Game, hell, I've never even witnessed consecutive winning seasons by the Redskins. If I had to give up a year of success if it meant having 10+ straight years of success, I'd do it in a heartbeat. And that was the underlying theme behind my post above. I'm just as excited about next year's draft as I am about this season because I do believe this team is headed in the right direction for longer term success.
Okay, enough -- I'm going to reiterate what I said in my post. I'm not calling you out, I just said that's what it sounded like to me. I'm 22 and I've liked the Redskins since I was 10 years old so I have experienced the ups and (mostly) downs. This is a forum for fans, I have absolutely no desire to start a flame war with someone on a message board b/c I personally think that is stupid as hell. Do I want the Skins to build through the draft? hell, yes. Bringing in aging, high priced FAs based on their previous body of work has not translated to success in any case I can think of for the skins. I was just commenting on how your original post sounded like to me so I appreciate the clarification.
__________________
"Tough times don't last but tough people do"

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:16 AM   #814
The Starter
 
rbanerjee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,441
Re: Training camp 2011 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
sounds like someone needs a lesson on inferred vs implied.
wow, I explicitly said 'that is what it sounds like'. I guess I should have said ' that is what it sounds like to me' to satisfy the diction police
__________________
"Tough times don't last but tough people do"

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:22 PM   #815
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,470
Re: Training camp 2011 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
wow, I explicitly said 'that is what it sounds like'. I guess I should have said ' that is what it sounds like to me' to satisfy the diction police
and you said that AFTER mooby already clarified himself once. everyone's entitled to their own opinions, but mooby isn't into flogging the team pre-snap, so to speak.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:39 PM   #816
The Starter
 
rbanerjee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,441
Re: Training camp 2011 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
and you said that AFTER mooby already clarified himself once. everyone's entitled to their own opinions, but mooby isn't into flogging the team pre-snap, so to speak.
wtf are you talking about -- I was being sarcastic when I said I wait for the first game to give up. My post was making fun of the notion that you flog the team pre-snap.
__________________
"Tough times don't last but tough people do"

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:50 PM   #817
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Training camp 2011 thread

Anyway...

It looks like Torain expects to be in the lineup against Tampa.

Torain Nearing Return
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:00 PM   #818
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,434
Re: Training camp 2011 thread

^ Good news. Although his hands are screwed.
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:15 PM   #819
Playmaker
 
NYCskinfan82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Queens, NYC
Age: 45
Posts: 3,557
Re: Training camp 2011 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
^ Good news. Although his hands are screwed.

Very funny.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:08 PM   #820
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Training camp 2011 thread

Landry tweaked his hammy and won't play Thursday. Damn.

Redskins notes: Landry tweaks leg; Arrington helps Alexander | John Keim | NFL | Washington Examiner
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:39 PM   #821
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,694
Re: Training camp 2011 thread

Landry is turning into Malcolm Kelly.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:26 PM   #822
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,746
Re: Training camp 2011 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
Landry is turning into Malcolm Kelly.
Don't put that evil on anyone!

__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for RG3
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:33 PM   #823
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 27
Posts: 12,173
Re: Training camp 2011 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
wtf are you talking about -- I was being sarcastic when I said I wait for the first game to give up. My post was making fun of the notion that you flog the team pre-snap.
Man, we're all 'Skins fans here, and my intentions are not to get into a pissing contest on an internet forum about fandom or anything like that. In the end we all root for the same team. HTTR.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:36 PM   #824
The Starter
 
rbanerjee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,441
Re: Training camp 2011 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Man, we're all 'Skins fans here, and my intentions are not to get into a pissing contest on an internet forum about fandom or anything like that. In the end we all root for the same team. HTTR.
Totally, I don't want to talk about this any more. Can we please discuss the fact that Landry can't stay healthy? Oh, and Devin Thomas ran a TD back for the Giants...
__________________
"Tough times don't last but tough people do"

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:42 PM   #825
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 28
Posts: 16,675
Re: Training camp 2011 thread

NFL.com news: Titans, Browns have reasons for hope in regular season
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31268 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25