Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Haynesworth to the Patriots for a 5th rounder.

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2011, 09:40 AM   #46
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,750
Re: Haynesworth to the Patriots for a 5th rounder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
That's my point. He's been mediocre for two years. The players people often point to are on the offensive side of the ball re: Moss, Dillon. I can't think of a veteran defensive acquisition that turned into a Pro Bowler up there.
Well Moss was pretty mediocre in Oakland. I doubt he'd be turn into a Pro Bowler. Darth Hoody will make him work and if not he will cut him, it's that simple.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  

Advertisements
Old 07-28-2011, 09:53 AM   #47
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,472
Re: Haynesworth to the Patriots for a 5th rounder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Agree. This was an obvious Patriots rip-off.

While there is obvious hidden value in keeping him out of the division, the belief in such value is an admission that the player in question makes any defensive front better. It was kind of like the Favre saga of 2008: the Packers eventually did get value on him, but if they really believed in Aaron Rodgers, they should have just released Favre and let him go to Minnesota. Problem was: they didn't really believe in Aaron Rodgers, they just believed Favre was done or near done.

If the Redskins really believed they were right that Haynesworth creates more problems for a defensive scheme than he solves, they should have released him and let Philadelphia take him. But obviously, they did not believe that. And this was a sell low job with that contract.
I disagree. It is simply a recognition Philly's system would work better for Haynesworth and a recognition of AH's twisted mentality.

We new what system we wanted to run and are building to it. It is a system that AH would NEVER excel in as more than a role player. On the other hand, Philly runs, and has already built, a system conducive to Haynesworth's skill set with a DL coach who got the most out of him.

On top of that, although not motivated by money, AH has a twisted sense of self worth and, when he feels he has been treated with disrespect, he either runs in the corner and pouts or plays like a beast. In a system where he can take out his frustrations and, literally, be the big man on a small team, it is more likely he would have played like a beast - particularly against us.

Why put him in a situation where he may excel against us? I got no problem not trading him to Philly, the team that probably values him the most. It is a recognition of the realities involved not an admission that we should have accomodated AH while he was here.

Again, we got something for a nothing - just like in the Jarmon & McNabb trades.

Thank God he is gone and Good F'ing riddance. I shall do my best never to type about that big fat lazy good-for-nothing warped little cry-baby a**hole again!
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 07-28-2011, 09:57 AM   #48
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,415
Re: Haynesworth to the Patriots for a 5th rounder.

Even now I'm so tired of talking about this guy, and going by Rak's comments a couple days ago I think this will be a huge weight off the team's shoulders. Good riddance.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 07-28-2011, 09:58 AM   #49
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Haynesworth to the Patriots for a 5th rounder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
I disagree. It is simply a recognition Philly's system would work better for Haynesworth and a recognition of AH's twisted mentality.

We new what system we wanted to run and are building to it. It is a system that AH would NEVER excel in as more than a role player. On the other hand, Philly runs, and has already built, a system conducive to Haynesworth's skill set with a DL coach who got the most out of him.

On top of that, although not motivated by money, AH has a twisted sense of self worth and, when he feels he has been treated with disrespect, he either runs in the corner and pouts or plays like a beast. In a system where he can take out his frustrations and, literally, be the big man on a small team, it is more likely he would have played like a beast - particularly against us.

Why put him in a situation where he may excel against us? I got no problem not trading him to Philly, the team that probably values him the most. It is a recognition of the realities involved not an admission that we should have accomodated AH while he was here.

Again, we got something for a nothing - just like in the Jarmon & McNabb trades.

Thank God he is gone and Good F'ing riddance. I shall do my best never to type about that big fat lazy good-for-nothing warped little cry-baby a**hole again!
Very good post.
12thMan is offline  
Old 07-28-2011, 10:11 AM   #50
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,993
Re: Haynesworth to the Patriots for a 5th rounder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
I disagree. It is simply a recognition Philly's system would work better for Haynesworth and a recognition of AH's twisted mentality.

We new what system we wanted to run and are building to it. It is a system that AH would NEVER excel in as more than a role player. On the other hand, Philly runs, and has already built, a system conducive to Haynesworth's skill set with a DL coach who got the most out of him.

On top of that, although not motivated by money, AH has a twisted sense of self worth and, when he feels he has been treated with disrespect, he either runs in the corner and pouts or plays like a beast. In a system where he can take out his frustrations and, literally, be the big man on a small team, it is more likely he would have played like a beast - particularly against us.

Why put him in a situation where he may excel against us? I got no problem not trading him to Philly, the team that probably values him the most. It is a recognition of the realities involved not an admission that we should have accomodated AH while he was here.

Again, we got something for a nothing - just like in the Jarmon & McNabb trades.

Thank God he is gone and Good F'ing riddance. I shall do my best never to type about that big fat lazy good-for-nothing warped little cry-baby a**hole again!
I still believe that the Redskins could and should have gotten an elite player out of an elite player. And my big point was: that the Redskins clearly agreed with you about Haynesworth. That's why they didn't let him got to Philly and come and dominate us twice a year for the next two years.

It's just all very disappointing in the end. I think saying we had nothing in Haynesworth is true in the nominal sense, but the Redskins have no one to blame but themselves from that. Unfortunately, "themselves" starts with Cerrato/Zorn/Sherm Smith, and finished with Shanahan/Allen/Haslett. Lots of people to blame for this trade, every one of them part of the Redskins coaching staff or management.

Haynesworth is responsible for being despised by his Redskin teammates, but that shouldn't have affected his trade value much.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 07-28-2011, 10:13 AM   #51
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Even now I'm so tired of talking about this guy, and going by Rak's comments a couple days ago I think this will be a huge weight off the team's shoulders. Good riddance.
We need to enact "Proposition 92"

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 07-28-2011, 10:18 AM   #52
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,993
Re: Haynesworth to the Patriots for a 5th rounder.

Redskins DL situation is shaping up. You have Cofield (and probably Cullen Jenkins) on the way in. You have Vonnie Holliday, Adam Carriker, and Jarvis Jenkins at the ends. And Anthony Bryant and Kemoeatu at the tackles.

There might be room for either Kedric Golston or Darrion Scott at this position as well. But once Jenkins is brought in, this position looks pretty settled.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 07-28-2011, 10:21 AM   #53
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Redskins DL situation is shaping up. You have Cofield (and probably Cullen Jenkins) on the way in. You have Vonnie Holliday, Adam Carriker, and Jarvis Jenkins at the ends. And Anthony Bryant and Kemoeatu at the tackles.

There might be room for either Kedric Golston or Darrion Scott at this position as well. But once Jenkins is brought in, this position looks pretty settled.
GTripp, who would you play at NT, Cofield or Jenkins?

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 07-28-2011, 10:22 AM   #54
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,693
Re: Haynesworth to the Patriots for a 5th rounder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Redskins DL situation is shaping up. You have Cofield (and probably Cullen Jenkins) on the way in. You have Vonnie Holliday, Adam Carriker, and Jarvis Jenkins at the ends. And Anthony Bryant and Kemoeatu at the tackles.

There might be room for either Kedric Golston or Darrion Scott at this position as well. But once Jenkins is brought in, this position looks pretty settled.
Technically we don't have tackles in a 3-4 scheme. Although I know we play that from time to time.
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for RG3
SkinzWin is offline  
Old 07-28-2011, 10:24 AM   #55
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,245
Re: Haynesworth to the Patriots for a 5th rounder.

i liked mcnabb, but he became a distraction just with the way things worked out, so ditching him, AH, and rabach pretty much eliminates the top 3 targets of fan complaints.

and we got some picks from guys we weren't going to keep and some cap room - so great job! not as good as not making the mistakes in the first place, but better late than never...
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline  
Old 07-28-2011, 10:27 AM   #56
Special Teams
 
Terpfan76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Cumberland, Md
Posts: 237
Re: Haynesworth to the Patriots for a 5th rounder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
GTripp, who would you play at NT, Cofield or Jenkins?

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G.

Don't forget about Chris Neild. I think that kid could turn into a really good NT.
Terpfan76 is offline  
Old 07-28-2011, 10:27 AM   #57
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,993
Re: Haynesworth to the Patriots for a 5th rounder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
GTripp, who would you play at NT, Cofield or Jenkins?

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G.
Well, the positions are basically the same. You're either head up over the tackles or head up over the center.

It's really important to control the line of scrimmage. Neither Jenkins or Cofield is really that kind of player, but they're both clearly starters in this league, and on this team in particular.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 07-28-2011, 10:29 AM   #58
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,415
Re: Haynesworth to the Patriots for a 5th rounder.

I think we're going to see a rotation of guys at the nose depending on the situation.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 07-28-2011, 10:29 AM   #59
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Haynesworth to the Patriots for a 5th rounder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I still believe that the Redskins could and should have gotten an elite player out of an elite player. And my big point was: that the Redskins clearly agreed with you about Haynesworth. That's why they didn't let him got to Philly and come and dominate us twice a year for the next two years.

It's just all very disappointing in the end. I think saying we had nothing in Haynesworth is true in the nominal sense, but the Redskins have no one to blame but themselves from that. Unfortunately, "themselves" starts with Cerrato/Zorn/Sherm Smith, and finished with Shanahan/Allen/Haslett. Lots of people to blame for this trade, every one of them part of the Redskins coaching staff or management.

Haynesworth is responsible for being despised by his Redskin teammates, but that shouldn't have affected his trade value much.
I don't think you'll find much disagreement that this saga ended on a bad note and that it would have been much more preferable that we received an elite player in exchange for Haynesworth. When Haynesworth arrived in Washington D.C. he was an elite player. The player that New England is not an elite player. There's no way you or anyone else can convince me of that.

But...

I lay the blame at the feet of Mike Shanahan. His mismanagement of the situation devalued Haynesworth's worth and caused his stock to plummet around the league. Had we cut ties with AH much earlier, I think we could have possibly gotten a second or third rounder in return. The longer this dragged out, the less we could command in return. That along with the optics of Hayneworth flailing on the ground during the Philly game while Mike Vick made swiss cheese of our defense and getting suspended didn't help matters all.

Under the circumstances, a 5th rounder is the best we could have hoped for. The genius of Belichick is knowing when to buy and knowing when to sell. He's better than a day trader that has perfected market movements.
12thMan is offline  
Old 07-28-2011, 10:29 AM   #60
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: baltimore
Posts: 3,179
Re: Haynesworth to the Patriots for a 5th rounder.

Cant wait for him to start to bitch and moan about wanting a new contract in NE . . . unless they restructure his contract (probably be incentive heavy).
over the mountain is online now  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.45837 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25