Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Rex reporting for duty!

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2011, 04:53 PM   #181
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,757
Re: Rex reporting for duty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
It wasn't a bold proclamation, it's not like he held a press conference and came out and said guess what bitches, we're the team to beat this year. All he was doing was expressing confidence in his team. A harmless comment that in this day and age, gets blown up into something entirely different.

Thank god we have some real football coming up.
This is the only bold proclamation you'll hear from Rexy...

__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-10-2011, 05:03 PM   #182
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,975
Re: Rex reporting for duty!

So he's fat and he has a big mouth. I think it's time to trade him for a 2013 6th round conditional draft pick. No more drama!
__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
@Scott_Did_It is bored. Bother him.
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:09 PM   #183
Playmaker
 
itvnetop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 2,853
Re: Rex reporting for duty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
It wasn't a bold proclamation, it's not like he held a press conference and came out and said guess what bitches, we're the team to beat this year. All he was doing was expressing confidence in his team. A harmless comment that in this day and age, gets blown up into something entirely different.

Thank god we have some real football coming up.
I don't think Twitter constitutes a press conference either... but we see where that's gotten athletes.
__________________
"Sit your five dollar ass down before I make change."
- Nino Brown

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:11 PM   #184
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,757
Re: Rex reporting for duty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
I don't think Twitter constitutes a press conference either... but we see where that's gotten athletes.
He made this comments when he was being interviewed by my wife Kelly Johnson.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:19 PM   #185
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Of course not. Skelton is the greatest QB in the league, he's just not allowed to unleash his greatness on the league because in doing so it would ruin the parity that the league has worked towards

Anyway I know you don't think that, you're to level headed to think like that. However there are fans in Redskins nation as well as many outside observers that might as well say that the caliber of QB in DC is no better then the two rookies the Cards were playing last year after they realized that Derrick Anderson was at best, a backup.



Anyone know the address where I can write to him. I want to send him flowers or something for temporarily taking the spotlight off us.
Well I don't think it's any better. Arizona had two young rookies getting their first taste of NFL football. We have two 30 year old journeymen essentially on their last chances most likely in the league to be starting QBs
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:20 PM   #186
Playmaker
 
itvnetop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 2,853
Re: Rex reporting for duty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
He made this comments when he was being interviewed by my wife Kelly Johnson.
I know... I made an earlier comparison with Twitter and how both are pretty benign in nature... But when it comes to celebrities (especially athletes), certain quotes will take on lives of their own.

I mean, look at how much ridiculous blather Rex's (out-of-context) quote has caused? Dammit, I'm even still talking about this lameness.
__________________
"Sit your five dollar ass down before I make change."
- Nino Brown

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:24 PM   #187
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,757
Re: Rex reporting for duty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
I know... I made an earlier comparison with Twitter and how both are pretty benign in nature... But when it comes to celebrities (especially athletes), certain quotes will take on lives of their own.

I mean, look at how much ridiculous blather Rex's (out-of-context) quote has caused? Dammit, I'm even still talking about this lameness.
Gotcha.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:26 PM   #188
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,458
Re: Rex reporting for duty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well I don't think it's any better. Arizona had two young rookies getting their first taste of NFL football. We have two 30 year old journeymen essentially on their last chances most likely in the league to be starting QBs
I don't know. I'm just saying from my perspective it feels like the media and outsiders are treating us like we're going into the season with two two late round rookies at QB when the fact of the matter is, like you said, we have two veterans that have each been groomed in this system for no less then a year.
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:29 PM   #189
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,757
Re: Rex reporting for duty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
I don't know. I'm just saying from my perspective it feels like the media and outsiders are treating us like we're going into the season with two two late round rookies at QB when the fact of the matter is, like you said, we have two veterans that have each been groomed in this system for no less then a year.
Agreed. And one of those players was a game manager that did enough to get the Bears to the Super Bowl. I mean it is not like we have Colt Brennan and Chase Daniel as our QB options for crying out loud.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:40 PM   #190
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,615
Why you gotta hate on Chase?

My issue is that with Rex and Beck the future is now. I'd like to think we have at least one QB where we can say the future is soon or later or whatever, just not at this moment. Right now I don't know that we do
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:42 PM   #191
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,757
Re: Rex reporting for duty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Why you gotta hate on Chase?

My issue is that with Rex and Beck the future is now. I'd like to think we have at least one QB where we can say the future is soon or later or whatever, just not at this moment. Right now I don't know that we do


I was doing it on purpose
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:46 PM   #192
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,615
Don't think I don't know it. Your on my list now
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:48 PM   #193
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,615
That is to say you're on my list now
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:03 PM   #194
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,458
Re: Rex reporting for duty!

I hate Chase Daniels. Chase Daniels is the worst person on Earth.
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:03 PM   #195
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,121
Re: Rex reporting for duty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
He made this comments when he was being interviewed by my wife Kelly Johnson.
Real redhead?
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26681 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25