Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Rex reporting for duty!

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2011, 11:09 PM   #61
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,184
Re: Rex reporting for duty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Well he's good enough to play for Shanahan Mr. Cafeteria fan. I know that wasn't your point, but you are becoming like GusFrerotte with your anti-DHall posts.

That being said, I think it'd be ridiculous to call Rex one of the top 3 worst QBs in the league. Sh*t, the guy took a team to the Super Bowl. He didn't carry the Bears, but he was good enough of a manager to get them there.
First off, I haven't said crap about D. Hall up until this point really, but I'm going to when kids that pump him up continue to shit on the players we have. You know the saying, don't throw stones from glass houses.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-02-2011, 11:11 PM   #62
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,103
Re: Rex reporting for duty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE View Post
Naw, it was my fault, I forgot to put "worst" in original post. I literally updated that post while you were posting, I could tell by the time you posted.
Haha I could've sworn it didn't say worst in there when I read it, hence my response. It feels good to be vindicated.

As for DeAngelo, he'll always be a polarizing figure. I'm okay with the fact that he gives up plays, because he makes as many plays as he tends to miss. Some people just don't put a premium on guys who make plays, they'd rather have our Gregg Williams defense, where even though we were top 10 statistically, we didn't have any consistent playmakers.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:15 PM   #63
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,184
Re: Rex reporting for duty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE View Post
I said "AT ONE TIME", meaning that one year he had that horrible year with the Bears.....read 1st before you start speaking on someones logic....

And I guarantee you more then half the teams in the league would GLADLY take DeAngelo over their current starting CB.


MR. GM, WHO DO YOU WANT US TO REPLACE DEANGELO WITH???

What year was that? He has only played 1 full season with the Bears, which was in 2006 and his second longest stint was 8 games the year after.

Rex Grossman: Career Stats at NFL.com

So exactly which year was he rated in the top 3 worst QBs in the league?


I'm not going into a D. Hall discussion. I only brought him up because you are over in another thread pumping him up to be something he's not, even when shown different, yet have the audacity to call Rex one of the top 3 worst QBs.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:17 PM   #64
Special Teams
 
REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 218
Re: Rex reporting for duty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
What year was that? He has only played 1 full season with the Bears, which was in 2006 and his second longest stint was 8 games the year after.

Rex Grossman: Career Stats at NFL.com

So exactly which year was he rated in the top 3 worst QBs in the league?



In 2006 when he threw 20 INTs.....

Who do you want to replace DeAngelo with?
REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:22 PM   #65
Special Teams
 
REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 218
Re: Rex reporting for duty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Haha I could've sworn it didn't say worst in there when I read it, hence my response. It feels good to be vindicated.

As for DeAngelo, he'll always be a polarizing figure. I'm okay with the fact that he gives up plays, because he makes as many plays as he tends to miss. Some people just don't put a premium on guys who make plays, they'd rather have our Gregg Williams defense, where even though we were top 10 statistically, we didn't have any consistent playmakers.

Exactly, the dude gets beat on plays, but he get's turnovers. Up until we signed him (meaning recent history), we were hardly causing any turnovers. Turnovers change games, and DeAngelo causes most turnovers between his INTs and not to mention the occasional strips/fumbles he causes or recovers.....

Last edited by REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE; 08-03-2011 at 01:09 AM.
REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:23 PM   #66
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,184
Re: Rex reporting for duty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE View Post
In 2006 when he threw 20 INTs.....

Who do you want to replace DeAngelo with?
NFL Stats: by Player Category


I'm sorry, 2006 called and wants you to apologize for slandering Rex's good name. Doesn't seem to me he was in the top 3 in the worst QB. You want to try again?

I wouldn't replace D. Hall until at a later time. I've acknowledged that long ago.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:33 PM   #67
Special Teams
 
REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 218
Re: Rex reporting for duty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
NFL Stats: by Player Category


I'm sorry, 2006 called and wants you to apologize for slandering Rex's good name. Doesn't seem to me he was in the top 3 in the worst QB. You want to try again?

I wouldn't replace D. Hall until at a later time. I've acknowledged that long ago.

I never said that he was statistically one of the worst 3 QBs in the league. I said he was one of my personally least liked QBs. It wasnt just his stats, it was his style, I hated it. It also couldve been that the Bears sucked to....I just remember him throwing the stupidest INTs. Some looked like the defenders were returning punts.

You wouldnt replace Hall right now? LOL....thought so....what are you arguing for? All your b-tching for nothing, shut your pie hole....
REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:09 AM   #68
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,184
Re: Rex reporting for duty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE View Post
I never said that he was statistically one of the worst 3 QBs in the league. I said he was one of my personally least liked QBs. It wasnt just his stats, it was his style, I hated it. It also couldve been that the Bears sucked to....I just remember him throwing the stupidest INTs. Some looked like the defenders were returning punts.
Unless you are a Bears fan, I doubt you watched much of Grossman that year, and just are talking about ESPN highlights. You just want to jump on the HATE REXY bandwagon. I guess you are one of these guys that believe we are tanking as well eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE View Post
You wouldnt replace Hall right now? LOL....thought so....what are you arguing for? All your b-tching for nothing, shut your pie hole....
I wouldn't replace him because we can't with what's available to us currently. That's the only reason. I'd rather have a more disciplined CB at the position. As I said, I'm done talking about D. Hall. Revisit my thread if you must.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:24 AM   #69
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,986
Re: Rex reporting for duty!

How did a Rex thread become a DHall thread?
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:26 AM   #70
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Rex reporting for duty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
How did a Rex thread become a DHall thread?
Cue the he was his number one receiver in last year's camp post
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:26 AM   #71
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,732
Re: Rex reporting for duty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
How did a Rex thread become a DHall thread?
Rex Grossman is famous for turnovers, like Jay Cutler, Jay Cutler threw 4 ints in a single game to D-Hall. Rex and Jay also have played for the Bears
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:38 AM   #72
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,986
Re: Rex reporting for duty!

My point was, how about we get back to talking about Rexy?

Here's a recent photo to refresh memories:
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:39 AM   #73
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Rex reporting for duty!

Like Donovan McNabb's amazing and unique dirt balls, Rex Grossman has the uncanny and unique ability to toss some of the so-called best "WTF WAS THAT?!!" turnovers.
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:40 AM   #74
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,732
Re: Rex reporting for duty!

Why do I keep on hearing Rex in my head talking like Officer Doofy from Scary Movie?
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:00 AM   #75
Special Teams
 
REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 218
Re: Rex reporting for duty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post

Rex Grossman has the uncanny and unique ability to toss some of the so-called best "WTF WAS THAT?!!" turnovers.

THANK YOU, and in '06 he threw a ton of those "WTF WAS THAT?!!"" INTs.
REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29173 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25