Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Yet another reason why Cris Carter is a moron

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2011, 03:54 PM   #91
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,834
Re: Yet another reason why Cris Carter is a moron

__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  

Advertisements
Old 08-16-2011, 04:55 PM   #92
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,788
Re: Yet another reason why Cris Carter is a moron

__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 08-16-2011, 07:34 PM   #93
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: Yet another reason why Cris Carter is a moron

C'mon now the Skins the worst in the league? I think Cowher is doing what a media person's job is and that is to create controversy to get folks talking and generate listenership/viewership. If you notice, the new thing in Hollywood happens to be negative press. Stars coming out saying they have a drug/booze problem, or were molested as kids or recently how some were victims of bullys at school, etc. Or just stars making asses out of themselves. Just anything to garner headlines. I mean look, what are we talking about in this forum what so and so said about Megatron and the Skins. Who friggin cares!!!!!
GusFrerotte is offline  
Old 08-16-2011, 09:07 PM   #94
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,392
Re: Yet another reason why Cris Carter is a moron

Aren't these the same morons who pick the Cowgirls to win the SB almost every year? Who gives a rat's ass?
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline  
Old 08-16-2011, 09:10 PM   #95
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,912
Re: Yet another reason why Cris Carter is a moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Graziano's been a solid addition.

And you know who Matt Mosley's favorite NFL team is? Yeah, Hail to the Redskins.
Really? SS, I've never questioned you before, as you are one of the most level headed members of any forum I've ever been a part of, but for some reason I just have a hard time believing this. I for one couldn't be happier about the move from Mosley to Graziano, for multiple reasons.

If Mosley was/is a 'Skins fan, I'll give him credit, because he hid it extraordinarily well. But he seemed to give dominant coverage on the blog to the Cowboys, win or lose. Maybe it was because he lived in Dallas, wrote for the local Dallas paper, and obviously was well connected inside the Cowboys, but I always felt like his allegiances were to the Cowboys. He used to justify it by saying Cowboys fans had a large presence on the blog, but I always felt like since it was the NFC East blog, fair coverage to all four teams should be expected. His opinions on the Redskins were always of the negative-lukewarm variety, which never helped his cause, and he never covered us as often as he did the other 3 teams.

As far as Dan Graziano goes, I've really started to enjoy reading the blog ever since he took over. IMO he's shown fair and balanced coverage to all four teams, and he has shown an even-keeled opinion as far as the 'Skins go. He's not a 'Skins basher by any stretch of the imagination, and I feel like our coverage is better than what Mosley did. While it's safe to say he's not on our jock, it's nice to see us get some attention from a blogger on the national level.

Anyways as I was saying, if Mosley is a 'Skins fan, than I'm severely mistaken. But in this day and age most bloggers have no problems admitting where their allegiances lie, and Mosley is the first that I've heard of to keep his hidden, all the while appearing to have close ties with his favorite team's hated rival.
mooby is offline  
Old 08-16-2011, 09:28 PM   #96
Camp Scrub
 
Hog Heaven's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 14
Re: Yet another reason why Cris Carter is a moron

Come on man!!!!!
Hog Heaven is offline  
Old 08-16-2011, 09:39 PM   #97
Playmaker
 
sportscurmudgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,159
Re: Yet another reason why Cris Carter is a moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorzpath View Post
Maybe I am, but given his national presence he has influence over a lot of people. I hate hype, but I think perception affects the performance of the team. That's why I think that grossmans declaration of winning NFC east was a good move because it got other people to think the opposite of cowherd's opinion. You cant deny that what grossman said had an affect (especially before the steelers game) because they put it on sportscenter and they were saying he was an idiot. It was a brilliant move that not only benefitted him but instilled some confidence in the team.
I really think you are ascribing WAAAY too much importance to the expression of opinions.

Even if I accept that an ESPN analyst's opinion has influence over a lot of people, I get off the train long before I think that such influence/perception has significant influence over "on-the-field-performance" on Sundays in the NFL.

You say that I cannot deny that Grossman's comments had an affect (sic). Excuse me, but I am now going to deny that statement completely. Grossman's comments and the Redskins' performance on the field against the Steelers in a meaningless exhibition game had next to nothing to do with one another. That is my unalterable opinion; you are free to maintain yours.

If your opinion is correct, then either QB for the Skins this year will be able to leverage all of the negativity that has been heaped on the team - - and on the QBs themselves - - to attain a record of at least 13-3. I, on the other hand, am not counting that as a realistic possibility.

And if negtive media reports on a team are fodder for extremely positive motivation, then the Bengals ought to be 8 -5 favorites to win the Super Bowl in Feb 2010. Somehow, I think that is not a likely outcome to the season...
__________________
The Sports Curmudgeon
www.sportscurmudgeon.com
But don't get me wrong, I love sports...

Last edited by sportscurmudgeon; 08-16-2011 at 09:41 PM. Reason: spelling
sportscurmudgeon is offline  
Old 08-16-2011, 10:03 PM   #98
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Really? SS, I've never questioned you before, as you are one of the most level headed members of any forum I've ever been a part of, but for some reason I just have a hard time believing this. I for one couldn't be happier about the move from Mosley to Graziano, for multiple reasons.

If Mosley was/is a 'Skins fan, I'll give him credit, because he hid it extraordinarily well. But he seemed to give dominant coverage on the blog to the Cowboys, win or lose. Maybe it was because he lived in Dallas, wrote for the local Dallas paper, and obviously was well connected inside the Cowboys, but I always felt like his allegiances were to the Cowboys. He used to justify it by saying Cowboys fans had a large presence on the blog, but I always felt like since it was the NFC East blog, fair coverage to all four teams should be expected. His opinions on the Redskins were always of the negative-lukewarm variety, which never helped his cause, and he never covered us as often as he did the other 3 teams.

As far as Dan Graziano goes, I've really started to enjoy reading the blog ever since he took over. IMO he's shown fair and balanced coverage to all four teams, and he has shown an even-keeled opinion as far as the 'Skins go. He's not a 'Skins basher by any stretch of the imagination, and I feel like our coverage is better than what Mosley did. While it's safe to say he's not on our jock, it's nice to see us get some attention from a blogger on the national level.

Anyways as I was saying, if Mosley is a 'Skins fan, than I'm severely mistaken. But in this day and age most bloggers have no problems admitting where their allegiances lie, and Mosley is the first that I've heard of to keep his hidden, all the while appearing to have close ties with his favorite team's hated rival.
I don't think he likes NFL football as much as college ball, but yeah he likes (liked?) the Skins. I prefer Graziano as well, but the wealth is spread fairly equally.

Guy who runs ESPN.com-Skins fan. One of the top editors for the NFL page-Skins fan. One of the main NFL writers for CBS Sports-Skins fan. Me-Skins fan. Local insider for Redskins coverage-Cowboys fan. It's why I laugh when people say certain people obviously hate the Skins. They just don't know
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 08-16-2011, 10:37 PM   #99
Impact Rookie
 
Skins4L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 751
Re: Yet another reason why Cris Carter is a moron

the other day me and a friend were watching highlight reels of elite players past and present on youtube.

I said "whos a reciever we missed"... he said "put on Cris Carter"

I said f**k that. lol
__________________
ALL HAIL
Skins4L is offline  
Old 08-16-2011, 10:43 PM   #100
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,661
Re: Yet another reason why Cris Carter is a moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Doppler Effect?
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 08-17-2011, 03:14 AM   #101
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: Yet another reason why Cris Carter is a moron

with #110 posts, I don't think cris carter is that big of a moron... its been days and people are still talking about it.

its like those espn segments where the 2nd guy to give the opinion HAS to disagree, even if they don't and the arguement is ridiculous. espn wants ratings, so they get Q value with "stupid" statements and playing both sides.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline  
Old 08-17-2011, 04:13 AM   #102
Special Teams
 
Shadowbyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 397
Re: Yet another reason why Cris Carter is a moron

I was watching that segment when C.C didn't even put CJ in the top 5 and I was completely mortified. If Mathew Stafford can play 16 games I can easily for-see CJ being the leading WR in the NFC. Physically he's in a class of his own.
Shadowbyte is offline  
Old 08-17-2011, 06:10 AM   #103
The Starter
 
Swarley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 25
Posts: 1,035
Re: Yet another reason why Cris Carter is a moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
with #110 posts, I don't think cris carter is that big of a moron... its been days and people are still talking about it.

its like those espn segments where the 2nd guy to give the opinion HAS to disagree, even if they don't and the arguement is ridiculous. espn wants ratings, so they get Q value with "stupid" statements and playing both sides.
These posts have a lot less to do with Cris Carter than one would think
Swarley is offline  
Old 08-17-2011, 06:16 AM   #104
The Starter
 
Swarley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 25
Posts: 1,035
Re: Yet another reason why Cris Carter is a moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorzpath View Post
Maybe I am, but given his national presence he has influence over a lot of people. I hate hype, but I think perception affects the performance of the team. That's why I think that grossmans declaration of winning NFC east was a good move because it got other people to think the opposite of cowherd's opinion. You cant deny that what grossman said had an affect (especially before the steelers game) because they put it on sportscenter and they were saying he was an idiot. It was a brilliant move that not only benefitted him but instilled some confidence in the team.
So if someone tells you you're a low life, that never accomplished anything, would you work harder or just quit?

You act as if this team is made up of drones that are told how they should feel. These are prideful men that have worked hard to get to where they are. If you think some guy on the radio declaring that they're part of the worst team in the NFL (before any footballs even been played) is somehow gonna make them say "gosh I guess we do suck, might as well not even try" you're clearly not thinking straight.

and btw what Grossman said can't even be compared to what a random guy on the radio says. Football players dont look to radio hosts for leadership they look at their teammates.
Swarley is offline  
Old 08-17-2011, 09:13 AM   #105
Impact Rookie
 
Jontrem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 608
Re: Yet another reason why Cris Carter is a moron

Just pointing out that both Mike Golic and Mike Greeney picked the Redskins to go 5-11. I disagree with that as I dont think we are one game worse this year than we were last year but whatever. No on knows anything about how teams will be with only one pre-season game being played so far.
Jontrem is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31032 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25