Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Yet another reason why Cris Carter is a moron

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2011, 05:08 PM   #121
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,613
Re: Yet another reason why Cris Carter is a moron

I'm trying to hijack the thread?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  

Advertisements
Old 08-17-2011, 05:09 PM   #122
The Starter
 
Swarley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 25
Posts: 1,035
Re: Yet another reason why Cris Carter is a moron

warriorz I don't think you're actually paying attention to what you're saying..
Swarley is offline  
Old 08-17-2011, 05:11 PM   #123
The Starter
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,659
Re: Yet another reason why Cris Carter is a moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
You think we'd be a better team if Colin Cowherd said he thought we'd be 11-5 this year?
Your never going to try to understand what I was saying to you. You just want to be right.

Just don't caught posting something remotely having to do with the medias or fans opinion as it relates to this cause I'm going to jump all over it
warriorzpath is offline  
Old 08-17-2011, 05:15 PM   #124
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,613
Re: Yet another reason why Cris Carter is a moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorzpath View Post
Your never going to try to understand what I was saying to you. You just want to be right.

Just don't caught posting something remotely having to do with the medias or fans opinion as it relates to this cause I'm going to jump all over it
I've never been afraid to be wrong here. So...you're wrong there about me just wanting to be right.

And I did say quote "Yes, individual players can be bothered by what the media says about them. And some cower from it. Others get motivated by it. But at the overall team level, whether Colin Cowherd says we'll go 2-14 or Ross Tucker says we'll go 10-6 is ultimately not a big deal."

That remote enough for you?

But really, do you think our peformance would be better if Cowherd said we'd be better?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 08-17-2011, 05:19 PM   #125
The Starter
 
Swarley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 25
Posts: 1,035
Re: Yet another reason why Cris Carter is a moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorzpath View Post
Your never going to try to understand what I was saying to you. You just want to be right.

Just don't caught posting something remotely having to do with the medias or fans opinion as it relates to this cause I'm going to jump all over it
Like I said earlier, I don't think you know what you said.
Swarley is offline  
Old 08-17-2011, 05:26 PM   #126
The Starter
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,659
Re: Yet another reason why Cris Carter is a moron

Its hard to post some ideas sometimes. It's hard when there's not this common level of understanding. Well the attempt anyways. I can be as difficult in these discussions too. By just saying the opposite. Too bad there isn't anything more substantial to go by for you to understand or at least for you to begin to understand.

I guess you either think that the media has an impact or it doesn't. It's like this (on the most outrageous level for u to understand) - do you think that what Oprah says doesn't affect or influence others?
warriorzpath is offline  
Old 08-17-2011, 05:32 PM   #127
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,613
Re: Yet another reason why Cris Carter is a moron

Wait, what did Oprah say our record would be?

Seriously though, you going to answer my Cowher question or not?

As for Oprah, we're talking about a different kind of influence.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 08-17-2011, 05:33 PM   #128
The Starter
 
Swarley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 25
Posts: 1,035
Re: Yet another reason why Cris Carter is a moron

Whether or not the media has an impact is not the point. The discussion is about whether or not a negative viewpoint by the media has an impact on the play of a team.
Swarley is offline  
Old 08-17-2011, 05:33 PM   #129
The Starter
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,659
Re: Yet another reason why Cris Carter is a moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I've never been afraid to be wrong here. So...you're wrong there about me just wanting to be right.

And I did say quote "Yes, individual players can be bothered by what the media says about them. And some cower from it. Others get motivated by it. But at the overall team level, whether Colin Cowherd says we'll go 2-14 or Ross Tucker says we'll go 10-6 is ultimately not a big deal."

That remote enough for you?

But really, do you think our peformance would be better if Cowherd said we'd be better?
And what do you think makes up a team? ...
A group of INDIVIDUALS
warriorzpath is offline  
Old 08-17-2011, 05:35 PM   #130
The Starter
 
Swarley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 25
Posts: 1,035
Re: Yet another reason why Cris Carter is a moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorzpath View Post
And what do you think makes up a team? ...
A group of INDIVIDUALS
and you think that as individuals, if they hear Cowherd prediction they'll play to that level?
Swarley is offline  
Old 08-17-2011, 05:36 PM   #131
The Starter
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,659
Re: Yet another reason why Cris Carter is a moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Wait, what did Oprah say our record would be?

Seriously though, you going to answer my Cowher question or not?

As for Oprah, we're talking about a different kind of influence.
My point exactly. The media does have the potential to impact and influence. At least now we are getting somewhere with this.
warriorzpath is offline  
Old 08-17-2011, 05:41 PM   #132
The Starter
 
Swarley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 25
Posts: 1,035
Re: Yet another reason why Cris Carter is a moron

Am I invisible? lol
Swarley is offline  
Old 08-17-2011, 05:42 PM   #133
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,613
Re: Yet another reason why Cris Carter is a moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekSkin View Post
Am I invisible? lol
Haha. No I "see" you
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 08-17-2011, 05:43 PM   #134
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,613
Re: Yet another reason why Cris Carter is a moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorzpath View Post
My point exactly. The media does have the potential to impact and influence. At least now we are getting somewhere with this.
Don't confuse Oprah saying you should read this book with Colin Cowherd saying I think the Redskins will finish 2-14. Not at all the same thing
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 08-17-2011, 05:44 PM   #135
The Starter
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,659
Re: Yet another reason why Cris Carter is a moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekSkin View Post
and you think that as individuals, if they hear Cowherd prediction they'll play to that level?
It could... remember cowherd has a national presence and also ties with those working in and around the NFL. They are well respected. Might there be a chance that, working with these individuals (maybe even by getting them some help in their media careers or getting them some shine) that he had some influence over them? Highly likely. If these individuals are well respected in the NFL then ...
warriorzpath is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29513 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25