Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Who do you want to start at QB?

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Who Do You Want Starting at QB Opening Day?
John Beck 123 73.65%
Rex Grossman 44 26.35%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2011, 09:22 PM   #301
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 8,164
Re: Grossman is the starting QB. I guarantee it.

let's wait and see what happens in the 2nd half.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline  

Advertisements
Old 09-01-2011, 09:22 PM   #302
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Grossman is the starting QB. I guarantee it.

Someone make an argument as to why I shouldn't merge this with the "who do you want to start at QB" thread.....
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline  
Old 09-01-2011, 09:23 PM   #303
The Starter
 
Swarley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 26
Posts: 1,035
Re: Grossman is the starting QB. I guarantee it.

you should
Swarley is offline  
Old 09-01-2011, 09:23 PM   #304
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,597
Re: Grossman is the starting QB. I guarantee it.

Its definitely looking like Grossman at this point.
Thats what I wanted before the preseason started anyways.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline  
Old 09-01-2011, 09:23 PM   #305
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 28
Posts: 16,632
Re: Grossman is the starting QB. I guarantee it.

Seeing that Rex didn't play I would think he's the guy but we will see
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 09-01-2011, 09:27 PM   #306
Registered User
 
wilsowilso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Age: 41
Posts: 2,841
Re: Grossman is the starting QB. I guarantee it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Someone make an argument as to why I shouldn't merge this with the "who do you want to start at QB" thread.....
Because everyone can make fun of me when I'm wrong. (:

And I'm not some Noob who just starts thread willy nilly. (:

I got nothing.
wilsowilso is offline  
Old 09-01-2011, 09:28 PM   #307
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,681
Re: Grossman is the starting QB. I guarantee it.

He could of not played because Beck didn't play the first game?

Who knows at this point lol.
__________________
I need something to cheer about
Redskin Fan since '88
Be friends on Twitter! @thecasualhero
Bucket is offline  
Old 09-01-2011, 09:32 PM   #308
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,681
Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

This just in John Beck will be named starter for Giant game. Coach If I Tell You, I'd Have To Kill You has inadvertently given it away. A tie goes to the Kid, unless the Bucs B team forces him to play poorly. - Riggins

Don't know what source he has as I can't really agree at this point. I want it to be Beck, but after tonight showing who can tell?
__________________
I need something to cheer about
Redskin Fan since '88
Be friends on Twitter! @thecasualhero
Bucket is offline  
Old 09-01-2011, 09:35 PM   #309
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Grossman is the starting QB. I guarantee it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsowilso View Post
Because everyone can make fun of me when I'm wrong. (:

And I'm not some Noob who just starts thread willy nilly. (:

I got nothing.
It's not going to be too long before the starter is announced and both threads become obsolete, so in the meantime we'll keep that discussion in one place.

But for the record I agree with you. Shanny rested his starting QB tonight, and Rex will start week one. That way should the wheels fall off the Grossman train, he can put in his pet project in Beck. If he starts Beck from the jump and he sucks, he looks less sharp as a HC for hitching so much of his giddyup on a 30 year old never-was...
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline  
Old 09-01-2011, 09:35 PM   #310
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 84,995
Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

I wouldn't put too much stock in tonight. I believe the decision has already been made.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 09-01-2011, 09:38 PM   #311
Playmaker
 
NYCskinfan82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Queens, NYC
Age: 45
Posts: 3,530
Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

We can't seem to get by 17 points.
NYCskinfan82 is offline  
Old 09-01-2011, 09:38 PM   #312
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I wouldn't put too much stock in tonight. I believe the decision has already been made.
Yup. Rex, along with many of the other starters, sat on the sidelines tonight.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline  
Old 09-01-2011, 10:02 PM   #313
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

Rex wins the competition, if it were me making the decision.
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline  
Old 09-01-2011, 10:02 PM   #314
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,736
Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
if we're winning/looking good offensively, it doesn't really matter. grossman is 20-13 i heard as a starter (did not confirm), both are pushing 30, and neither one is going to the probowl, so it's whatever.

average QB A vs average QB B isn't nearly as exciting as the local sports media is making it out to be (or, rather, isn't a story worth nearly as much press as it's been given).
I disagree with this statement. Here is why. Average QB A vs average QB B is better than Donoflab McDirtballer. I think it is worth the press because it is a positive for once. An improvement if you ask me. To back up my feeling I have put together a Warpath exclusive. Enjoy...

The Warpath Pictoon: Attack of the Dirtballer
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for RG3

Last edited by SkinzWin; 09-01-2011 at 10:14 PM.
SkinzWin is offline  
Old 09-01-2011, 10:03 PM   #315
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,472
Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I wouldn't put too much stock in tonight. I believe the decision has already been made.

The moment that Rex was slated to sit out this game, and the fact Shanny sits his starters last preseason game was enough to put the pieces together.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.46902 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25