Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Who do you want to start at QB?

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Who Do You Want Starting at QB Opening Day?
John Beck 123 73.65%
Rex Grossman 44 26.35%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2011, 01:59 PM   #526
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
And those other QB's have like 17 Tds by now also except Cam and he's a rookie that will be a superstar

This statement is incorrect also.

Some of them do some don't.

Brady- 16 TD's , 8 INT's.
Brees- 13 TD's , 8 INT's.
EManning- 11 TD's , 5 INT's.
Romo- 8 TD's, 6 INT's.
Roethlisberger- 9 TD's, 6 INT's.
Vick- 9 TD's , 8 INT's.
Rivers- 6 TD's , 7 INT's.

All I'm saying is we fans are quick to point the finger at the QB, no matter who's in the game, but we don't know who's fault it's been actually on each play. Only the coaching staff would know if the WR failed to run the right route, if the QB made the correct decision with where he threw the ball. On top of that what about the dropped balls by the receivers? clearly that should not count against either QB who starts.
SBXVII is offline  

Advertisements
Old 10-18-2011, 01:59 PM   #527
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,006
Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Good post. I'll cut off the people who are all, "don't compare Grossman to Brady!" people at the front: you're missing the point.
what about the ones who say all those Grossman INT werent his fault? those are my favs
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

— DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is online now  
Old 10-18-2011, 02:00 PM   #528
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Come on man. I'm betting hardly so. The only reason some of the fans felt as you said was because he was named the starter. Trust me I wanted Beck because of all the hype in the off season. I wanted Beck because of the fact he's more mobile. But the coach's saw something else. Something we didn't see.

All I'm saying is perhaps it's not all Rex. But we fans are quick to ship him because of the INT ratio per game.

I'll gladly eat crow come the next few weeks when Beck has to face more talented teams then the Panthers and can put the points on the board a long with cutting down on the INT's. But I just doubt that I'm going to half to. Nothing against Beck, I'm just saying I think we are going to see the same if not similar results from Beck .... who seems to be some fans savior for the season.
These coaches tied themselves up because they have to give the job to the competition winner, in which case was CLEARLY Rex at that time. That doesn't mean their decisions are ultimately right, as LJ and Galloway have already shown, and Stallworth and Banks are showing us once again.
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline  
Old 10-18-2011, 02:07 PM   #529
Impact Rookie
 
Gary84Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 740
Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

Rex won the QB "competition". Shanny is a genius.
Gary84Clark is offline  
Old 10-18-2011, 02:14 PM   #530
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Lol No I see the point I mean it happens to all the QBs but Rex has done this his whole career.
and..... the others have not?

Brady- 151 games, 111 INT's.
Brees- 144 games, 140 INT's.
EManning- 111 games, 118 INT's.
Stafford- 19 games, 25 INT's.
Roethlisberger- 105 games, 92 INT's.
Vick- 104 games, 66 INT's.

Grossman- 46 games, 49 INT's.

I'm soo glad EManning and Stafford suck just as much as Grossman. I wonder when those respected teams will start chanting for the 2nd stringer.
SBXVII is offline  
Old 10-18-2011, 03:04 PM   #531
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
what about the ones who say all those Grossman INT werent his fault? those are my favs
Some, not all. Anyhow, been watching some game tape and my concern isn't so much the Interceptions. It's that guys are getting wide open and he's missing them.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 10-18-2011, 03:12 PM   #532
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,415
Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Some, not all. Anyhow, been watching some game tape and my concern isn't so much the Interceptions. It's that guys are getting wide open and he's missing them.
Pick #3 intended for Davis seemed like it was FD's fault all the way.

Anyone notice after that pick they showed Cooley talking to Rex on the sideline, probably asking him what happened. Rex says something and you could see Cooley say "F that". I'm assuming Rex probably said Davis effed up the route.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 10-18-2011, 03:14 PM   #533
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

This is pretty insightful,

Playing Redskins' INT guessing game

I'll go back to saying put Beck and lets hope it all works out especially with the long ball but if the receivers are not going after the ball or fighting for it we will see more of the same.
SBXVII is offline  
Old 10-18-2011, 03:20 PM   #534
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

and I always hate to hear this.....

Quote:
“You’ve just got to flush it,” Grossman said after Sunday's game, a 20-13 Redskins loss.
Grossman Puts Eagles Game In the Past

I think if you don't go back and see what went wrong, and look to how to fix it your destined to repeat history. The coaching staff refused to go back and watch last years game to see what went wrong and not allow it to happen again, and it happened again. So I guess the coaching staff would prefer to go that route again and just throw out this film thinking this game was a fluke also.
SBXVII is offline  
Old 10-18-2011, 03:21 PM   #535
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,838
Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
and..... the others have not?

Brady- 151 games, 111 INT's.
Brees- 144 games, 140 INT's.
EManning- 111 games, 118 INT's.
Stafford- 19 games, 25 INT's.
Roethlisberger- 105 games, 92 INT's.
Vick- 104 games, 66 INT's.

Grossman- 46 games, 49 INT's.

I'm soo glad EManning and Stafford suck just as much as Grossman. I wonder when those respected teams will start chanting for the 2nd stringer.
Here is the real stat to look at. TD to INT comparison.

Brady- 151 games, 277 TD's to 111 INT's.
Brees- 144 games, 248 TD's to 140 INT's

Grossman- 46 games, 46 TD's to 49 INT's.

Stafford - 19 games 34 TD's to 25 INT's
EMannig 11 games 167 TD's to 118 INT's

Grossman is not good. Period.

Last edited by Defensewins; 10-18-2011 at 03:22 PM.
Defensewins is offline  
Old 10-18-2011, 03:21 PM   #536
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Pick #3 intended for Davis seemed like it was FD's fault all the way.

Anyone notice after that pick they showed Cooley talking to Rex on the sideline, probably asking him what happened. Rex says something and you could see Cooley say "F that". I'm assuming Rex probably said Davis effed up the route.
Grossman Puts Eagles Game In the Past

INT No. 3: Eighth drive, the Redskins trailed 21-6 and face a second-and-12 at the Eagles’ 21-yard line. Formation was 4WR-ORB-1WR. Four-man rush vs. five-man protection. Grossman again looked for Davis on deep post but the tape intimates that Davis hesitated on breaking off his route, which allowed Coleman to make his second interception.

Grossman: “Some of these, you have to trust the other people to make a cut to cross a safety’s face. I’m not saying Fred didn’t do that but when things are tight, you have to make a quick decision and I was trusting he was going to make a cut. But he wasn’t able to.”

Our guess: Hearing Grossman’s post-game session, it guaranteed further examination and the Davis’ hiccup showed what was going on. Add to that Shanahan’s short reveal that a benching depends on who is at fault equals that Davis made the error and earned Grossman another series.
SBXVII is offline  
Old 10-18-2011, 03:23 PM   #537
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,415
Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

Who says they're not going back and watching the game?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 10-18-2011, 03:28 PM   #538
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Here is the real stat to look at. TD to INT comparison.

Brady- 151 games, 277 TD's to 111 INT's.
Brees- 144 games, 248 TD's to 140 INT's

Grossman- 46 games, 46 TD's to 49 INT's.

Stafford - 19 games 34 TD's to 25 INT's
EMannig 11 games 167 TD's to 118 INT's

Grossman is not good. Period.
One small correction, EManning had 111 games.

No I agree with you. My point is do you really think any of those QB's would do any better in this offense with the same WR's Rex has had? I'll be man enough to admit they might have a little better results, but look at their skills. Each one of them I'd say are accurate on the short routes no different then Grossman. Where the difference is, is that the other QB's can throw up the deep ball and they have WR's who will locate the ball in the air and run to where its going to be. For whatever reason if the ball is not right in the bread basket for our WR's they don't catch it. and.... even if it is in the bread basket they drop it half the time.
SBXVII is offline  
Old 10-18-2011, 03:31 PM   #539
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,415
Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
One small correction, EManning had 111 games.

No I agree with you. My point is do you really think any of those QB's would do any better in this offense with the same WR's Rex has had? I'll be man enough to admit they might have a little better results, but look at their skills. Each one of them I'd say are accurate on the short routes no different then Grossman. Where the difference is, is that the other QB's can throw up the deep ball and they have WR's who will locate the ball in the air and run to where its going to be. For whatever reason if the ball is not right in the bread basket for our WR's they don't catch it. and.... even if it is in the bread basket they drop it half the time.
Rex sucks, let's just call it what it is. Guys like Brady have worked with no-name WR corps in the past and had success. Our WRs aren't world beaters but the cupboard is far from bare too.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 10-18-2011, 03:31 PM   #540
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Who says they're not going back and watching the game?
Well after the 59-28 loss last year MS said he was going to toss out the film and not watch it because there was nothing to get out of it.

Now we hear Rex say you have to throw that game away. Now he might not have meant it in that context and I could be wrong but, no you can't just avoid watching it because it was an extremely bad game and you don't think your that bad.
SBXVII is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.39896 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25