Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Who do you want to start at QB?

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Who Do You Want Starting at QB Opening Day?
John Beck 123 73.65%
Rex Grossman 44 26.35%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2011, 10:25 AM   #46
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 52
Posts: 3,406
Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

Its too early to vote now,Becks played a couple qaurters,thats it,you cant base anything on that.If he starts against the Ravens and plays well we will know a little more,but not much,even that could be misleading.
I like Grossmans approach of looking downfield and stretching the field more,I hate the dink n dunk crap.
Ive only seen Beck in one game,is it just me or does he have a wierd throwing motion? I thought a few times it looked like he was slinging some sidearm
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline  

Advertisements
Old 08-24-2011, 10:25 AM   #47
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,627
Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
On Jan.20th 2010 this poll was conducted on which QB we thought would start the 2011 season. http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-l...he+2011+season (Who Will Be The Redskins 2011 Opening Day Starting QB?)

We've seen 1/2 of a preseason game from John Beck and the disparity, percentage wise, between he and Rex Grossman has shrunk tremendously during that eight month period. There has to be a good reason for that.
Well...they are two different questions
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 08-24-2011, 10:35 AM   #48
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Its too early to vote now,Becks played a couple qaurters,thats it,you cant base anything on that.If he starts against the Ravens and plays well we will know a little more,but not much,even that could be misleading.
I like Grossmans approach of looking downfield and stretching the field more,I hate the dink n dunk crap.
Ive only seen Beck in one game,is it just me or does he have a wierd throwing motion? I thought a few times it looked like he was slinging some sidearm
For the most part I've been a supporter of John Beck from day one. I did so because I hadn't seen much of him in the past and wanted to see what he could do in this offense. My support for him has not waned because I'm a Redskin fan and whoever is under center I'll root for, but I want to see more of him under different sets of circumstances before the pendulum can be swung either up or down.
__________________
A revolution is coming and it will be televised.

Last edited by Longtimefan; 08-24-2011 at 10:37 AM.
Longtimefan is offline  
Old 08-24-2011, 10:41 AM   #49
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well...they are two different questions
Maybe, but I think the end result is basically the same. If there's a judgement there must be something to base it on.
__________________
A revolution is coming and it will be televised.
Longtimefan is offline  
Old 08-24-2011, 10:46 AM   #50
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,425
Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

At this point I really don't care. Everyone is on the Beck bandwagon after one half of a pre season game. To me that's just ridiculous. I just can't judge a guy off that. I assume we're going to see both guys this year and perhaps one will seperate himself. But I really believe that this team needs to draft a guy next year.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 08-24-2011, 10:54 AM   #51
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 43
Posts: 4,912
Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

Beck for 3 simple reasons:
1. We've seen all that Rex can do-good and bad. We aren't in a position where the QB is going to be the difference between being a SB contender or being 3-13. We are probably firmly in the 7 to 9 win range so it's best to see what we have in Beck.
2. Beck seems to have the pulse and support of the team. Not trying to overstate things from one half of one preseason game but Beck has really stepped up to become a leader, Rex seems happy to just be part of the team. I want my QB to lead by example and set a tone.
3. I really want to shut up the Mike Greenburgs and Rich Eisens of the national media who keep singing the 'JOHN BECK!?!?' chorus like he's a guy we pulled out of the accounting department of IBM and plugged him in. I hope Mike and Kyle drop a big old 'told ya so' on those guys.
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline  
Old 08-24-2011, 11:22 AM   #52
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,509
Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
On Jan.20th 2010 this poll was conducted on which QB we thought would start the 2011 season. http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-l...he+2011+season (Who Will Be The Redskins 2011 Opening Day Starting QB?)

We've seen 1/2 of a preseason game from John Beck and the disparity, percentage wise, between he and Rex Grossman has shrunk tremendously during that eight month period. There has to be a good reason for that.
When that poll was made Shanny had not yet made public statements of support for Beck. Also, after McNabb had been yanked, Grossman played, not Beck. The lay of the speculation land was different then, even if we lay aside preseason 2011 performance.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Old 08-24-2011, 11:33 AM   #53
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,627
Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Its too early to vote now,Becks played a couple qaurters,thats it,you cant base anything on that.If he starts against the Ravens and plays well we will know a little more,but not much,even that could be misleading.
I like Grossmans approach of looking downfield and stretching the field more,I hate the dink n dunk crap.
Ive only seen Beck in one game,is it just me or does he have a wierd throwing motion? I thought a few times it looked like he was slinging some sidearm
I saw some of that sidearm motion as well
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 08-24-2011, 11:36 AM   #54
Playmaker
 
celts32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hackettstown NJ
Age: 43
Posts: 2,656
Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

Beck is the easy choice. We already know what Grossman is. Beck is more of an unknown...he could be better or he could be worse. Only way to find out is to play him. We can always turn to Grossman during the season if Beck is a flop.
__________________
Section 115 Row 23

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

http://victorybeer.com/
celts32 is offline  
Old 08-24-2011, 11:50 AM   #55
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
When that poll was made Shanny had not yet made public statements of support for Beck. Also, after McNabb had been yanked, Grossman played, not Beck. The lay of the speculation land was different then, even if we lay aside preseason 2011 performance.
For me it was not about Shanahan and or his support for either QB. It was about opinions solicited from our posters and their support or lack thereof for those listed in the poll. I voted in the poll based on my feelings when comparing the QB's listed for comparison not having any idea how Shanahan felt about any of them...Beck/Grossman respectively since they were already on the team at the time the poll was conducted.

Look closely and you'll witness some suggesting Beck should not even be on the team, to now suggesting he should be the starter. Your word is your bond.
__________________
A revolution is coming and it will be televised.
Longtimefan is offline  
Old 08-24-2011, 11:51 AM   #56
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,146
Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

A lot has changed since then. Hard to hold opinions against someone given the circumstances then vs. now.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 08-24-2011, 12:05 PM   #57
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

There's not much of a premium on opinions therefore they need not be valued. I understand.
__________________
A revolution is coming and it will be televised.
Longtimefan is offline  
Old 08-24-2011, 12:12 PM   #58
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,627
Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
For me it was not about Shanahan and or his support for either QB. It was about opinions solicited from our posters and their support or lack thereof for those listed in the poll. I voted in the poll based on my feelings when comparing the QB's listed for comparison not having any idea how Shanahan felt about any of them...Beck/Grossman respectively since they were already on the team at the time the poll was conducted.

Look closely and you'll witness some suggesting Beck should not even be on the team, to now suggesting he should be the starter. Your word is your bond.
Honestly, I don't entirely follow your point here
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 08-24-2011, 12:16 PM   #59
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,146
Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
There's not much of a premium on opinions therefore they need not be valued. I understand.
Given the circumstances that have changed since then, no, I don't think you can put much value on those opinions from back then.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 08-24-2011, 12:56 PM   #60
The Starter
 
rbanerjee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,345
Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Beck for 3 simple reasons:
1. We've seen all that Rex can do-good and bad. We aren't in a position where the QB is going to be the difference between being a SB contender or being 3-13. We are probably firmly in the 7 to 9 win range so it's best to see what we have in Beck.
2. Beck seems to have the pulse and support of the team. Not trying to overstate things from one half of one preseason game but Beck has really stepped up to become a leader, Rex seems happy to just be part of the team. I want my QB to lead by example and set a tone.
3. I really want to shut up the Mike Greenburgs and Rich Eisens of the national media who keep singing the 'JOHN BECK!?!?' chorus like he's a guy we pulled out of the accounting department of IBM and plugged him in. I hope Mike and Kyle drop a big old 'told ya so' on those guys.
Amen brother ... the first thing I would add to this list is that Beck seems like he understands his role. He seems to understand that he hasn't done anything and how big of a responsibility it is to be the starting qb of a team (no one really knows what he's thinking but he's saying the right things). Lastly, MS and KS are really high on this guy and whether it's just a diversion, a ploy or they really believe it, these guys know good quarterbacks so I am more likely to trust their judgment -- I know, I know what about DMac? Hey, they let him go after a season, a good FO/talent evaluation team knows when they have made a mistake and corrects it ASAP and that's what happened in that situation.
__________________
"Tough times don't last but tough people do"

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is online now  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.35171 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25