Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins Final Cuts

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack (3) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2011, 10:28 PM   #166
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,552
Re: Redskins Final Cuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail to the Redskins View Post
I remember reading about Marcus White when we drafted him... he's actually a really amazing story.

First of all, he was a big-time basketball prospect out of high school and chose to pursue a basketball career at Rutgers University. After one year there, he transferred to Butler Community College (a JUCO), changing course and playing football at Defensive End.

While there in 2007, the guy went nuts, becoming National JUCO Player of the Year... recording 24.5 sacks (led nation), 6 forced fumbles (led nation), 97 tackles, 39 of which were behind the line of scrimmage. The team went 12-0 and won the JUCO National Championship as well.

He then transferred to Florida State where he played 2 years before we drafted him. He got 8.5 sacks and 12.5 tackles for a loss his senior year there.

Clearly he has a ton of potential. It's amazing that the guy went from a D-1 basketball player, learning Defensive End QUICKLY at a JUCO, transferring to one of the nations top football programs, starts for them 2 years later, then gets drafted to play LINEBACKER in the NFL, where he just made it through final cuts and made the 53-man roster.

Pretty cool stuff... maybe he can be the Antonio Gates of defense... haha
Thats awesome...potential beast
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-04-2011, 10:39 PM   #167
Impact Rookie
 
Kindoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 907
Re: Redskins Final Cuts

Hoping we drop stallworth and pick up an interior o-lineman off waivers. That's gotta be the plan right?
__________________
RIP 21
Kindoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:51 PM   #168
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Redskins Final Cuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindoy View Post
Hoping we drop stallworth and pick up an interior o-lineman off waivers. That's gotta be the plan right?
I hope so too, but Stallworth is a guy that both QB's liked in the preseason, and Shanahan's like as well. I have a feeling he'll be around even though I think we need to get other guys (OG, DE)
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:28 PM   #169
The Starter
 
vallin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vienna Va
Posts: 1,029
Re: Redskins Final Cuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail to the Redskins View Post
I remember reading about Marcus White when we drafted him... he's actually a really amazing story.

First of all, he was a big-time basketball prospect out of high school and chose to pursue a basketball career at Rutgers University. After one year there, he transferred to Butler Community College (a JUCO), changing course and playing football at Defensive End.

While there in 2007, the guy went nuts, becoming National JUCO Player of the Year... recording 24.5 sacks (led nation), 6 forced fumbles (led nation), 97 tackles, 39 of which were behind the line of scrimmage. The team went 12-0 and won the JUCO National Championship as well.

He then transferred to Florida State where he played 2 years before we drafted him. He got 8.5 sacks and 12.5 tackles for a loss his senior year there.

Clearly he has a ton of potential. It's amazing that the guy went from a D-1 basketball player, learning Defensive End QUICKLY at a JUCO, transferring to one of the nations top football programs, starts for them 2 years later, then gets drafted to play LINEBACKER in the NFL, where he just made it through final cuts and made the 53-man roster.

Pretty cool stuff... maybe he can be the Antonio Gates of defense... haha
And to play with the potential of having a seizure is really amazing. Sometimes we take for granted our health, but this kid has to fight a daily battle. Hope he becomes a great LB.
vallin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:59 PM   #170
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Redskins Final Cuts

RT @caplannfl: G/C Eric Olsen, is expected to sign with the Redskins. Not sure on PS or 53.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:04 AM   #171
The Starter
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,659
Re: Redskins Final Cuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I hope so too, but Stallworth is a guy that both QB's liked in the preseason, and Shanahan's like as well. I have a feeling he'll be around even though I think we need to get other guys (OG, DE)
I don't know how much it means at this point but Stallworth is listed 5th behind moss, gaffney, Armstrong, and hankerson. But listed in front of Austin, Paul, and banks.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:11 AM   #172
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,103
Re: Redskins Final Cuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallin21 View Post
And to play with the potential of having a seizure is really amazing. Sometimes we take for granted our health, but this kid has to fight a daily battle. Hope he becomes a great LB.
Kids got more balls than I, epilepsy isn't something to **** around with, and I've already had enough problems with it without having to step on a football field. I hope he works out for us and ends up being a productive guy, but I also hope he knows what he's doing and the risks he's taking with his future.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:36 AM   #173
The Starter
 
skinsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,224
Re: Redskins Final Cuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
RT @caplannfl: G/C Eric Olsen, is expected to sign with the Redskins. Not sure on PS or 53.
I don't know anything about him...but he has only been with the Broncos for 1 year and was a 6th rounder, quite average....Here is what the broncos press had to say going into the cuts

Eric Olsen: After getting one start last year, and opening training camp strong, Olsen has fallen off the map. I didn't see him get any reps on Thursday night, and while his play has been adequate, without flashes or significant demerits, the lack of playing time could indicate that his roster spot lost. This would be disappointing since he plays RG, C and LG. Projection: Waived on cutdown day.

Denver Broncos Fight For 53 -- Offensive Line Battle - Mile High Report
__________________
I hate Dallas...Period
skinsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:40 AM   #174
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Redskins Final Cuts

From what I've read he's a decent zone blocker, he's young, and was available.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:44 AM   #175
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,279
Re: Redskins Final Cuts

i imagine paul or thompson go to the PS to make space if we find a guard etc before we ditch donte, unless he's traded, white is the 3rd PS candidate if we need a quick roster spot. keeping them off the waiver-day wires helps us by letting other teams fill up their rosters with guys that aren't our players.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:45 AM   #176
The Starter
 
skinsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,224
Re: Redskins Final Cuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
From what I've read he's a decent zone blocker, he's young, and was available.
What do you mean "was" available?...have the skins picked him up yet or is it just a rumor?
__________________
I hate Dallas...Period
skinsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:47 AM   #177
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Redskins Final Cuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
What do you mean "was" available?...have the skins picked him up yet or is it just a rumor?
He was waived by the Broncos, but expected to sign with the Skins.

Last edited by 12thMan; 09-05-2011 at 12:51 AM.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:53 AM   #178
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Redskins Final Cuts

FWIW, the Broncos waived four back-up OL yesterday.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:56 AM   #179
Special Teams
 
tmandoug1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: West Palm Beach
Posts: 394
Re: Redskins Final Cuts

Final cuts


Player Position Status
Isaac Anderson WR Waived; Undrafted Rookie
Horatio Blades LB 2007 6th-Round Draft Pick
Anthony Bryant NT 5-Year Veteran; Signed in 2010
Selvish Capers OT Waived; 2010 7th-Round Draft Pick
Kellen Clemens QB 6-Year Vet; Signed in July
Tony Curtis TE 4-Year Vet; Signed in August
Shaun Draughn RB Waived; Undrafted Rookie
Thaddeus Gibson LB Waived; Joined Team in August
Matt Gutierrez QB Waived; Signed in August
Artis Hicks OL 10-Year Vet; Signed in 2010
Chris Horton S Waived; 2008 7th-Round Draft Pick
Maurice Hurt OL Waived; 2011 7th-Round Draft Pick
Edgar Jones LB 5-Year Vet; Signed last January
Reggie Jones CB Waived; Signed in 2010
Clint Oldenburg OT Waived; Signed in 2009
Donovan Raiola C Waived; Signed in August
Aldrick Robinson WR Waived; 2011 6th-Round Draft Pick
Evan Royster RB Waived; 2011 6th-Round Draft Pick
Anderson Russell S Waived; Signed in 2010
Derek Schouman TE 5-Year Vet; Signed in August
Davonte Shannon DB Waived; Undrafted Rookie
Jeff Stehle DL Waived; Signed in August
Doug Worthington DL Waived; Signed in August
Keiland Williams RB Waived; Signed in 2010
__________________
T-man
tmandoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:17 AM   #180
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Redskins Final Cuts

Redskins offense: Better or worse | John Keim | NFL | Washington Examiner

Redskins defense: Better or worse | John Keim | NFL | Washington Examiner
__________________
A revolution is coming and it will be televised.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31911 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25