Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Final Cuts From Around the NFL

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2011, 12:51 AM   #76
The Starter
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,659
Re: Final Cuts From Around the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
How is signing Dock going to help the Cowboys on D?
Because he spent the entire 2010 season in the redskins blocking scheme. Albeit as a backup, but he still has first hand recent knowledge of it.

Last edited by warriorzpath; 09-05-2011 at 12:52 AM.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-05-2011, 12:58 AM   #77
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Final Cuts From Around the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorzpath View Post
Because he spent the entire 2010 season in the redskins blocking scheme. Albeit as a backup, but he still has first hand recent knowledge of it.
That don't mean squat. The Cowboys have plenty of film on the Redskins, Dockery ain't changing how they game plan for the Skins.

My gut tells me that a lot of teams will be keeping an eye on our opening game to see how well Hightower performs in the new scheme.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:04 AM   #78
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: Final Cuts From Around the NFL

I know its not going to happen..... but the Giants cut Ryan Perrilloux and placed in on their PS. If we wanted to put a third qb on the roster hed be my pick
__________________
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:13 AM   #79
The Starter
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,659
Re: Final Cuts From Around the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
That don't mean squat. The Cowboys have plenty of film on the Redskins, Dockery ain't changing how they game plan for the Skins.

My gut tells me that a lot of teams will be keeping an eye on our opening game to see how well Hightower performs in the new scheme.
Of course all the teams on the redskins schedule are going to be watching closely. But that's ONLY YOUR opinion with Dockery. I think they are already worried this early with the redskins line that they would want all of competive advantage they can get, especially considering that they have a new defensive coach. And what better way of getting knowledge of a scheme by signing someone that has been studying and practicing it firsthand. And as a fallback reason and if this doesn't net them much, Dockery seems to be a decent backup.

Last edited by warriorzpath; 09-05-2011 at 01:15 AM.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:15 AM   #80
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,435
Re: Final Cuts From Around the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorzpath View Post
Because he spent the entire 2010 season in the redskins blocking scheme. Albeit as a backup, but he still has first hand recent knowledge of it.
Yeah but the ZBS isn't anything new to the NFL, there's plenty of game tape for any team to study. It all comes down to execution.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:22 AM   #81
The Starter
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,659
Re: Final Cuts From Around the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Yeah but the ZBS isn't anything new to the NFL, there's plenty of game tape for any team to study. It all comes down to execution.
Still, there are always different ways to run a scheme depending on who's running it. I always say that some of the smallest details make the biggest difference. And I would think at this level, depending on how big their concern with the redskins line, the more they would want to get a competitive advantage. My assumption is that they are already worried.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:27 AM   #82
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,435
Re: Final Cuts From Around the NFL

Dockery at this point is a better fit for what Dallas runs vs what we do. Maybe he has some inside info to offer, but I think it's pretty minimal. I think more than anything they signed him for his ability more than his knowledge.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:31 AM   #83
The Starter
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,659
Re: Final Cuts From Around the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Dockery at this point is a better fit for what Dallas runs vs what we do. Maybe he has some inside info to offer, but I think it's pretty minimal. I think more than anything they signed him for his ability more than his knowledge.
I don't think they were that high on his ability considering he's been available since march.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:31 AM   #84
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Final Cuts From Around the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorzpath View Post
Still, there are always different ways to run a scheme depending on who's running it. I always say that some of the smallest details make the biggest difference. And I would think at this level, depending on how big their concern with the redskins line, the more they would want to get a competitive advantage. My assumption is that they are already worried.
All I'm saying is I doubt the Cowboys brought in Derrick Dockery to somehow get a leg up on the Redskins scheme. And if they did, so effin what. Why not bring in Stephon Heyer or Casey Rabach or Artis Hicks? Why Dockery who wasn't even that good at zone blocking to begin with and lost his starting job?
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:36 AM   #85
The Starter
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,659
Re: Final Cuts From Around the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
All I'm saying is I doubt the Cowboys brought in Derrick Dockery to somehow get a leg up on the Redskins scheme. And if they did, so effin what. Why not bring in Stephon Heyer or Casey Rabach or Artis Hicks? Why Dockery who wasn't even that good at zone blocking to begin with and lost his starting job?
Because they get the best out of this situation. A combination of the best player for their scheme and also someone with the redskins scheme knowledge.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:40 AM   #86
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Final Cuts From Around the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorzpath View Post
Because they get the best out of this situation. A combination of the best player for their scheme and also someone with the redskins scheme knowledge.
Hey man, I'm not going to fight you over Derrick ****ing Dockery....I mean this is Derrick Dockery we're talking about here. Derrick ****ing Dockery? It's just Derrick Dockery! I could see if we talkin' bout Russ Grimm, but Derrick Dockery? It's just Derrick Dockery! (Allen Iverson voice)
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:41 AM   #87
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,013
Re: Final Cuts From Around the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorzpath View Post
I don't think they were that high on his ability considering he's been available since march.
I think they've learned that some young players did not step up as they had hoped. They couldn't know this in March but they can try to fix the problem now.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:42 AM   #88
The Starter
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,659
Re: Final Cuts From Around the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Hey man, I'm not going to fight you over Derrick ****ing Dockery....I mean this is Derrick Dockery we're talking about here. Derrick ****ing Dockery? It's just Derrick Dockery! I could see if we talkin' bout Russ Grimm, but Derrick Dockery? It's just Derrick Dockery! (Allen Iverson voice)
Who's fighting? I'm just trying to SEEM smart by expressing my theory on this.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:59 AM   #89
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Final Cuts From Around the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorzpath View Post
Who's fighting? I'm just trying to SEEM smart by expressing my theory on this.
I'm just kidding man. Had a few drinks. I hope DDocks blows it up in Dallas.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 02:03 AM   #90
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Final Cuts From Around the NFL

Mike Shanahan's scheme has been common knowledge for at least a decade and emulated across the league. A newb to that system like Dock isn't going to help much. Dallas cut Montrae Holland and chose Dockery instead. All signs point to trouble at the LG position for them.
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27608 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25