Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Don's Crystal Ball Week 1 Picks

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2011, 01:05 PM   #61
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Don's Crystal Ball Week 1 Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Its too much fun to ban him from the site. We all know if Dallas and we lost he would have been here posting. I called him out on that last year.
You have a point. Flapjack is fun to abuse too.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-15-2011, 01:44 PM   #62
The Starter
 
D'BOYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,363
Re: Don's Crystal Ball Week 1 Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Tuesday and no sight of Don...until Friday when he comes in to advertise another thread.

We go through this every season. Honestly, I'm not sure why the mods allow it..it's really a form of spam. He comes in...posts a new thread every week and disappears until the next. I know he runs all kinds of leagues and gambling rings and must promote them, but why here? Do it on a Dallas site.
Hahaha I don't hide man I always come and take it if I get something wrong specially when I pick the team on one of the boards that I post to lose, because there will be a lot of I told you so. Funny thing is that when I'm right you donít find the ďups Sorry you were right manĒ, like you say I donít show up after the next column I donít see you guys coming after a predicted loss and man up.

I don't believe I will ever go 48-0 in a week (16-0 in each category) it's practically impossible and if I ever do it would be a fluke. In predictions especially picking all the games you want to be over 70% straight up and over 55% against the spread and Ovr/Und to be good and over 65% to be great. With that percentage youíre in ďThe moneyĒ taking the line from Poker.


Now about the game I have to say I was really surprised how well Rex looked taking away the fumble he almost had a perfect game, so that surprised me he still got hit sacked 4 times and hit a lot but didnít forced many balls and looked Ok.



Iím not sold and truly donít believe yet that Iím looking into a Playoff team but I do believe that I might had gotten those predictions record wrong and Was looked more like a 7-9, 8-8 team and NY more like the bottom of the division.



Now to the guy that said that you had two proven QBís in the roster I donít know how you can call Beck proven and we all know from history that Rex is usually a rollercoaster can give you great games but also throw 4 picks in one game. Still the team looked more solid than it did in preseason letís see how the season unfolds.


Unfortunately I will always have some spelling and grammar errors; I do this on my spare time mostly at nights. I try to double and triple check it but things will always slip by. Itís funny because all members here have perfect grammar. I always read the completely eloquent responses. I do try to make it perfect and will take it as a constructive criticism.


GL this week.
D'BOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:47 PM   #63
The Starter
 
D'BOYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,363
Re: Don's Crystal Ball Week 1 Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Remember they started 1-7 last year and we didn't hear a peep from them for months lol
I was here all last year, I never hide and I declared my team dead long before the rest of the NFL did.

I always take the picks objective never take sides and will call it as I see it. I watch around 10 games at least per week to have an objective view and make the racional decision.
D'BOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:54 PM   #64
The Starter
 
D'BOYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,363
Re: Don's Crystal Ball Week 1 Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44ever View Post
The BS of "They might not win the SuperBowl but they will win this week" was flat out disrespect IMO. Especially with some of our own harshest critics seeing opportunity for us to compete that game. I Don't mind being picked to lose but tell me why specifically, not just because we are the Redskins...
HTTR!!!! This is our house!
I try to keep it short for each team don't go straight to stats because I feel it get boring and make some jokes or snap judments of each games to keep it light.

I didn't say you're going to lose because you're the Redskins I said that they way I believed Rex was going to be used that you don't have the team for that to work. That I expected Rex making a costly mistake theat would lose you the game.

But I'll take what you're saying and make it better. thxs
D'BOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:02 PM   #65
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Don's Crystal Ball Week 1 Picks

D'BOYZ, you really don't get it. The reason people are quick to point out your mistakes is because this is a freaking Redskins forum. What do you expect? We aren't gonna huddle around the campfire and sing cumbaya after a Dallas fan was incorrect in his prediction.

If you want that kind of feedback, go to sportsbook/wager forum. This is a Redskins Football forum for fans.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:22 PM   #66
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,227
Re: Don's Crystal Ball Week 1 Picks

lol this guy...
__________________
HTTR
Redskin Fan since '88
Be friends on Twitter! @thecasualhero
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:38 PM   #67
The Starter
 
D'BOYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,363
Re: Don's Crystal Ball Week 1 Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
D'BOYZ, you really don't get it. The reason people are quick to point out your mistakes is because this is a freaking Redskins forum. What do you expect? We aren't gonna huddle around the campfire and sing cumbaya after a Dallas fan was incorrect in his prediction.

If you want that kind of feedback, go to sportsbook/wager forum. This is a Redskins Football forum for fans.

I know that's why it's done. I'm just havign fun with it and going along being doing it for too many years not to know what to expect or how to take it.
D'BOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:39 PM   #68
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Don's Crystal Ball Week 1 Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'BOYZ View Post
I was here all last year, I never hide and I declared my team dead long before the rest of the NFL did.

I always take the picks objective never take sides and will call it as I see it. I watch around 10 games at least per week to have an objective view and make the racional decision.
You were hiding from Sunday to Thursday.

Made it back a day sooner than I predicted though! However, you do not need to bring race into the thread.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:48 PM   #69
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,262
Re: Don's Crystal Ball Week 1 Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'BOYZ View Post
I know that's why it's done. I'm just havign fun with it and going along being doing it for too many years not to know what to expect or how to take it.
Which is the fun part?

A. Your loathsome association with the Dal ass Plowboys.
B. Your horrible grammar.
C. Your incoherent sentence structure.
D. The Fail picks you made.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:44 PM   #70
The Starter
 
D'BOYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,363
Re: Don's Crystal Ball Week 1 Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
Which is the fun part?

A. Your loathsome association with the Dal ass Plowboys.
B. Your horrible grammar.
C. Your incoherent sentence structure.
D. The Fail picks you made.
E. All of the above
D'BOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:55 PM   #71
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Don's Crystal Ball Week 1 Picks

I'd nominate myself for worst unproofread sentences when posting.
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34209 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25