Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Vick is a crybaby

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2011, 11:46 AM   #61
Impact Rookie
 
VegasSkinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 551
Re: Vick is a crybaby

Sour Grapes make good wine.

Vick does take a beating, but how much of it is his play style? I don't respect him as a person, but I do think he makes the NFL better and want to see him on the field. Give him more calls as long as they don't come against the skins.

As for not getting credit because other teams are banged up. I would be fine if all of the cowboys were hurt and we had to beat the shit out of the cheerleaders to get the win. I will complian as we win and get dropped in power rankings though.
VegasSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-26-2011, 11:49 AM   #62
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,685
Re: Vick is a crybaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
I wish he were playing us. I want us to get a beat down on him. I don't want opponents to have an excuse.

You want to be the best, you beat the best your opponent's got to give. Then, in their heart of hearts, they know you beat them and that you are better then them.
Not trying to look to far ahead but I would like Vick to play as I am sure the team does as well to try an exact some kind of revenge on them for the beating we took on MNF last year.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:49 AM   #63
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Vick is a crybaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoDogAllStars View Post
First look at the Canty hit and I thought it was a penalty. Subsequent looks led me to believe it might be legit -- a questionable penalty at best. Certainly not clear-cut.
I thought it looked clean. A nice hard hit on a QB. We used to want these kinds of hits, until Tom Brady came along...now...don't hurt the poor little QB.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:52 AM   #64
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,013
Re: Vick is a crybaby

Vick is taking a beating because the Iggles FO made the same sh*tty decisions that our old FO used to make: Get a whole bunch of pricey free agents and disregard your offensive line. As I've said before, the Eagles' $100 million QB is being protected by a $2 dollar offensive line. Vick is being a crybaby, but I think the Iggles FO needs to be called out.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:55 AM   #65
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Vick is a crybaby

I don't really have any strong opinions about whether Vick deserves more flags or if there's a racial component to it all, but Mick Vick is hardly soft. You might not like him, but soft? Get the f@ck outta here. He's probably one of the toughest, although not necessarily durable, players in the NFL. The guy gets knocked around like a ping pong ball and keeps on trucking.

As far as the hit in the Giants game, it was close but definitely helmet to helmet. Bottom line, had that been Tom Brady or Peyton Manning flags would have been all over the place.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:05 PM   #66
The Starter
 
Swarley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 25
Posts: 1,035
Re: Vick is a crybaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
This does seem like a case of sour grapes, but I'll say this: Brady is far more whiny about it than Vick is. If there's any element of race here, it's not in how the penalties are administered, its in the public reaction to it: Brady is doing it because he's a competitor, Vick is doing it because he's soft.
I disagree, highly. Brady gets called a whiner all the time by the public. The only reason it seems more prevalent with Vick is because he's an Eagle, we have added reasons to hate on him.

And maybe in your area Brady gets a little more love since he's a Michigan guy. The three super bowls help too.
__________________
doing it all in the spirit of the salary cap!
Swarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:06 PM   #67
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Vick is a crybaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekSkin View Post
I disagree, highly. Brady gets called a whiner all the time by the public. The only reason it seems more prevalent with Vick is because he's an Eagle, we have added reasons to hate on him.

And maybe in your area Brady gets a little more love since he's a Michigan guy. The three super bowls help too.
No one talks about Brady around here. Then again, no one talks about pro football.

Things may change this year.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:07 PM   #68
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: Vick is a crybaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasSkinsFan View Post
Sour Grapes make good wine.

Vick does take a beating, but how much of it is his play style? I don't respect him as a person, but I do think he makes the NFL better and want to see him on the field. Give him more calls as long as they don't come against the skins.

As for not getting credit because other teams are banged up. I would be fine if all of the cowboys were hurt and we had to beat the shit out of the cheerleaders to get the win. I will complian as we win and get dropped in power rankings though.

As mooby pointed out consistency is the problem. Instead of giving Vick more calls, perhaps just call everything the same for every QB would be a better alternative? Set a standard, let everyone know what the standard is, show everyone the full rule not just generalities of it, and call things equally for everyone.
__________________
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:12 PM   #69
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,013
Re: Vick is a crybaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekSkin View Post
I disagree, highly. Brady gets called a whiner all the time by the public. The only reason it seems more prevalent with Vick is because he's an Eagle, we have added reasons to hate on him.

And maybe in your area Brady gets a little more love since he's a Michigan guy. The three super bowls help too.
I highly doubt this.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:37 PM   #70
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Vick is a crybaby

Per NFL Network, Vick does not have a broken hand, but a contusion. He could play Sunday.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:39 PM   #71
Special Teams
 
Arrrgh!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dividing my time between the Far East and the East Coast.
Posts: 377
Re: Vick is a crybaby

I think he had a point. His mistake was harping on it.
Arrrgh! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:42 PM   #72
The Starter
 
Swarley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 25
Posts: 1,035
Re: Vick is a crybaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I highly doubt this.
Daily Pigskin Report: Brady One of Games Biggest Whiners (Baltimore Sun)

just one example. Google Brady and whiner for more. When the "Brady Rule" first came about, plenty of people called him a whiner for it.
__________________
doing it all in the spirit of the salary cap!
Swarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:44 PM   #73
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,753
Re: Vick is a crybaby

Brady is a well known whiner.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:46 PM   #74
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,013
Re: Vick is a crybaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekSkin View Post
Daily Pigskin Report: Brady One of Games Biggest Whiners (Baltimore Sun)

just one example. Google Brady and whiner for more. When the "Brady Rule" first came about, plenty of people called him a whiner for it.
I stand corrected then.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:19 PM   #75
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,471
Re: Vick is a crybaby

and Vick's hand is not even broken. pussy.

edit - just saw 12th already posted this...
__________________
"All natural institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Thomas Paine

Last edited by BleedBurgundy; 09-26-2011 at 01:20 PM.
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26945 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25