Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack (2) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 02:59 PM   #76
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,899
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader In Sports View Post
How can you say Martin and Bettis are a "weak class"?

I am also not a Parcells fan. Look when he had real success - he had the HC in NE on his staff. When Bill B wasn't there, Parcells was average at best.
Parcell belongs there, he beat the shit out of Bill Walsh more than once in the playoffs and almost killed Joe Montana.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #77
Special Teams
 
Leader In Sports's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 385
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
The Tuna won 2 super bowls in NY, went to another in NE, got the jets competitive, built a good team in Dallas that was competitive, & built a decent roster in Miami, though that's hard to see now.

I know Parcells had Belicheck for part of his career, but if you use that logic you can always downgrade anyone's success & Parcells had success w/out Belicheck.

Yes, his 2 Super Bowls in NY and 3rd in NE, who was by his side as DC? Belicheck. When Belicheck wasn't there - what did Parcells do? Bill B was HC in Cleveland from 91-95. How many Super Bowls did Parcells go to then?

He made the playoffs in Dallas but got no where. Miami wasn't any better. Parcells only real success happened not because of Parcells.
Leader In Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #78
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,247
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader In Sports View Post
Yes, his 2 Super Bowls in NY and 3rd in NE, who was by his side as DC? Belicheck. When Belicheck wasn't there - what did Parcells do? Bill B was HC in Cleveland from 91-95. How many Super Bowls did Parcells go to then?

He made the playoffs in Dallas but got no where. Miami wasn't any better. Parcells only real success happened not because of Parcells.
Then why did'nt Belichick do well in Cleveland ?Your argument does'nt stand up ....at all.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:24 PM   #79
Playmaker
 
CrustyRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RatherbeinDC, TX
Posts: 2,678
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Parcell belongs there, he beat the shit out of Bill Walsh more than once in the playoffs and almost killed Joe Montana.
They knocked Montana out twice Burt got him once in 87 and Marshall in 90 they were both brutal hits. That Marshall hit would have sent me to ER.


__________________
Lafayette, we're here.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:05 PM   #80
Special Teams
 
Leader In Sports's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 385
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Then why did'nt Belichick do well in Cleveland ?Your argument does'nt stand up ....at all.
If memory serves, Belichick was starting to get that team turned around and then Modell announced the move to Baltimore and it fell apart.

Even if my memory is off on that, Bill B had success without Parcells, but Parcells hasn't done squat without Bill B.

edit: Heck, how many playoff games has Parcells won without Bill B on his staff? I bet you they could be counted on 1 hand.

Last edited by Leader In Sports; 01-09-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Leader In Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:44 PM   #81
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,553
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Parcells gets in and deservedly so. Just stop with the nonsense.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:46 PM   #82
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,474
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Parcells gets in and deservedly so. Just stop with the nonsense.
^^^^^^^^
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:46 PM   #83
Special Teams
 
Leader In Sports's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 385
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Parcells gets in and deservedly so. Just stop with the nonsense.
I agree Parcells will get in, but don't think it is nonsense. I actually got turned onto this fact from several former players who suggested I look it up.
Leader In Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:48 PM   #84
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,553
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

It's nonsense.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:00 PM   #85
Special Teams
 
Leader In Sports's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 385
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
It's nonsense.
No disrespect intended, but I have stated some facts to back up my argument. While it is not a popular position, it is based in fact. Bill B was the DC of ever successful Parcells team. When Bill B was not on staff, Parcells teams were average to slightly above average.

Saying my position is nonsense without backing it up with facts is in fact "nonsense".
Leader In Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #86
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,553
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

It reminds me of the take that Walsh only won because of Montana and Rice.

You can make these types of arguments all day with just about anyone. A little too nitpicky for me personally.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:21 PM   #87
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,815
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Bobby Beathard hands down!!

7 SB appearances with 4 different teams, responsible for 4 SB wins (Chiefs, Dolphins, Redskins 2x).
I agree. BB should get some serious consideration. That 81 draft might be one of the best of all time.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:22 PM   #88
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,815
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Parcells gets in and deservedly so. Just stop with the nonsense.
Not so sure about that. To me he's on the fence.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:28 PM   #89
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,815
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader In Sports View Post
To illustrate your point, was anyone at the 49ers game where Chris Hanburger got his ring at half time and started off by thanking Snyder for the courtesy he had shown Chris?
DS has done a lot of GREAT things. A lot of nice charity stuff, he did a lot for #21's family by giving 500k to Sean's daughter, he's been great to some of the old Redskins, given money to Children's Hospital and so on. But he hasn't won and has also shit on the fans. Don't want to turn this into a Snyder bitch fest, but there's no comparison between Cooke and Snyder. Cooke will ALWAYS be loved by the fans. Not only cause he won but because of his charisma and personality.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:39 PM   #90
Special Teams
 
Leader In Sports's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 385
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
It reminds me of the take that Walsh only won because of Montana and Rice.

You can make these types of arguments all day with just about anyone. A little too nitpicky for me personally.
Well, Rice wasn't with Walsh for the first SB (I believe without looking up). Also, Walsh wasn't with 2 teams with Montana. Remember, Bill B was the DC of the Pats for 1 year, and that was THE year for them. Also, as soon as Bill B left the Giants for the Browns, the Giants did not go back to the big one.
Leader In Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27846 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25