Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack (2) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 10:05 PM   #91
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,449
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader In Sports View Post
Winning cures all.
And he'll get lots of love from the fans when they start winning in the not so distant future. NEXT YEAR BABY!!! I feel it.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-09-2012, 10:34 PM   #92
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader In Sports View Post
I agree Parcells will get in, but don't think it is nonsense. I actually got turned onto this fact from several former players who suggested I look it up.
It's a stat everyone knows. Just like Gretzky never won without Messier and Jordan never won without Pippen, though Messier did win without Gretzky.

I'm guessing you think Belichick belongs right? Well, how about I counter that with "yeah well he never won as Super Bowl as a head coach without Rome Crennel"
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:41 PM   #93
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,817
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader In Sports View Post
Well, Rice wasn't with Walsh for the first SB (I believe without looking up). Also, Walsh wasn't with 2 teams with Montana. Remember, Bill B was the DC of the Pats for 1 year, and that was THE year for them. Also, as soon as Bill B left the Giants for the Browns, the Giants did not go back to the big one.
My point is you can pick and choose all sorts of things to suit an argument. Only thing that really matters is the body of work. Once you get into the realm of nitpicking you end up snubbing the likes of Art Monk from the Hall for years on end.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:42 PM   #94
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,817
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Not so sure about that. To me he's on the fence.
He was one of the top coaches of the modern era. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't get in.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:46 PM   #95
Special Teams
 
Leader In Sports's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 385
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
It's a stat everyone knows. Just like Gretzky never won without Messier and Jordan never won without Pippen, though Messier did win without Gretzky.

I'm guessing you think Belichick belongs right? Well, how about I counter that with "yeah well he never won as Super Bowl as a head coach without Rome Crennel"
I see where you are going, but the Pats are still a dominant team without RC. He has been gone long enough where you lose some steam in the argument. Yes, I think Bill B is someone who belongs in the HOF.
Leader In Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:58 PM   #96
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,449
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Bill Parcells had both Joe Gibbs (painful to say) and Bill Walsh's numbers, had success with the Jets, Patriots and Cowboys. If you had a choice between Shanahan and Parcells for the HOF, who would you pick? A no brainer Parcells. Now if Shanahan can win again, he's the guy on the fence unless he wins again.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:05 PM   #97
Special Teams
 
Leader In Sports's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 385
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Bill Parcells had both Joe Gibbs (painful to say) and Bill Walsh's numbers, had success with the Jets, Patriots and Cowboys. If you had a choice between Shanahan and Parcells for the HOF, who would you pick? A no brainer Parcells. Now if Shanahan can win again, he's the guy on the fence unless he wins again.
For the Jets and Patriots he had Bill B with him. Bill B did not go with him to Dallas and Miami and there was no real success.

The Cowboys NEVER won a playoff game with Parcells at the helm. That is not what I consider "success".

btw, I make this argument fully realizing Parcells will go in. It may or may not be this year, but they will put him in. I just feel there are better qualified people for Canton.
Leader In Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:10 PM   #98
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,449
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader In Sports View Post
For the Jets and Patriots he had Bill B with him. Bill B did not go with him to Dallas and Miami and there was no real success.

The Cowboys NEVER won a playoff game with Parcells at the helm. That is not what I consider "success".

btw, I make this argument fully realizing Parcells will go in. It may or may not be this year, but they will put him in. I just feel there are better qualified people for Canton.
He built a good team in Dallas, Romo screwed up a fumble and Wade Phillips was no coach and screwed that team up. Do you consider Shanahan a HOF'er?
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:16 PM   #99
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,817
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

It's tough to win in this league, really tough. And with all the variables involved, it's no big surprise that coaches never seem to find the same level of success when they move on to different teams. But that shouldn't diminish what they did manage to accomplish in the first place.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:24 PM   #100
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,784
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader In Sports View Post
Yes, his 2 Super Bowls in NY and 3rd in NE, who was by his side as DC? Belicheck. When Belicheck wasn't there - what did Parcells do? Bill B was HC in Cleveland from 91-95. How many Super Bowls did Parcells go to then?

He made the playoffs in Dallas but got no where. Miami wasn't any better. Parcells only real success happened not because of Parcells.


Is this guy for real?

So who assembled the talent on those teams that went to the Super Bowl? Belicheck? In fact, you do realize that a core of the players that Belicheck won his first Super Bowl with were drafted by Parcells. Parcells put the talent on the Cowboys squad to contend year in and year out, and we were fortunate that Jerry chose that idiot Wade to coach it. Had it been a decent coach, the Boys would have won 2 more Super Bowls by now. Also, turned Miami to last place loser to division champs.

If you want to swing on Belicheck's sack that much, what is your excuse for the Cleveland Browns showing?


Parcells is probably one of the most talented guys ever in NFL history when it comes to talent and coaching. In fact, if I had to let one guy build my team from ground up and could chose one person the history of the NFL, it would in fact be Parcells. Hands down.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 01-09-2012 at 11:31 PM.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:46 AM   #101
Special Teams
 
Leader In Sports's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 385
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post


Is this guy for real?

So who assembled the talent on those teams that went to the Super Bowl? Belicheck? In fact, you do realize that a core of the players that Belicheck won his first Super Bowl with were drafted by Parcells. Parcells put the talent on the Cowboys squad to contend year in and year out, and we were fortunate that Jerry chose that idiot Wade to coach it. Had it been a decent coach, the Boys would have won 2 more Super Bowls by now. Also, turned Miami to last place loser to division champs.

If you want to swing on Belicheck's sack that much, what is your excuse for the Cleveland Browns showing?


Parcells is probably one of the most talented guys ever in NFL history when it comes to talent and coaching. In fact, if I had to let one guy build my team from ground up and could chose one person the history of the NFL, it would in fact be Parcells. Hands down.
I certainly am not against debate, especially since I have taken an unpopular position and have been defending it.

If you want to engage me in debate, then read what I have already posted before you tell me I am wrong. I say this because you are asking me questions I have already addressed.
Leader In Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:34 AM   #102
Playmaker
 
CrustyRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RatherbeinDC, TX
Posts: 2,550
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader In Sports View Post
Yes, his 2 Super Bowls in NY and 3rd in NE, who was by his side as DC? Belicheck. When Belicheck wasn't there - what did Parcells do? Bill B was HC in Cleveland from 91-95. How many Super Bowls did Parcells go to then?

He made the playoffs in Dallas but got no where. Miami wasn't any better. Parcells only real success happened not because of Parcells.
Tom Brady is that you??? ya better go get to watching some film before the Orange Crush and Tebow come break the 7th Seal on your ass.
__________________
Lafayette, we're here.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:15 AM   #103
Special Teams
 
Leader In Sports's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 385
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
Tom Brady is that you??? ya better go get to watching some film before the Orange Crush and Tebow come break the 7th Seal on your ass.
As a lifetime Steeler fan, that is just flat out mean.
Leader In Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:46 AM   #104
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,075
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader In Sports View Post
I certainly am not against debate, especially since I have taken an unpopular position and have been defending it.

If you want to engage me in debate, then read what I have already posted before you tell me I am wrong. I say this because you are asking me questions I have already addressed.
I think you are entitled to your opinion, but it sounds like you are over reaching with your arguments against Parcells. I really don't care much about Parcells, but it is a bit ridiculous to argue that his success came ONLY because of Bill Belichick. One of the hallmarks of good head coaches is their ability to mentor and develop their assistant coaches and coordinators. In the end, I would have imagine that Parcells had to hire and supervise Belichick, and the other coaches that serve under him. I mean if we go with your argument, should we say that Joe Gibbs lack of success in his second round of being a head coaches shows that he was nothing without his previous asst. coaches and coordinators? I think not.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:34 PM   #105
Playmaker
 
CrustyRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RatherbeinDC, TX
Posts: 2,550
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

30th anniversary of "The Catch" today. I brought that up to a few Cowboy lovers this morning. The didnt think it was quite as memorable as i did. D.D Lewis one of the LBer's chasing Montana on the play came to my place of employment a few years ago gave a motivational speech. Afterwards many emoployees were lined up getting pictures and his autograph. I took off in the other direction and someone said hey arnt you gona get his autograph and a picture, i said naw I'm good!! HTTR my faith runs deep!!
__________________
Lafayette, we're here.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30442 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25