Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack (2) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 04:34 PM   #106
Playmaker
 
CrustyRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RatherbeinDC, TX
Posts: 2,598
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Gary Reason should get in for this hit.

Gary Reasons THE HIT - YouTube
__________________
Lafayette, we're here.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #107
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,144
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
Gary Reason should get in for this hit.

Gary Reasons THE HIT - YouTube

yeah that is prety good.he had a better one on Earl Campell where he bent his own facemask....Harry Carson said it was the hardest hit he has ever seen.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:11 PM   #108
Special Teams
 
Leader In Sports's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 385
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Enshrinement » 2012 Finalists comparative stats: Coaches - W-L-T
I just saw this on the HOF website and it illustrates my point about when Parcells had success.

His Giants Super Bowls were only when Bill B was his DC

He was 50% career with the Patriots and the only successful year was when Bill B left the Browns and was his DC.

He won 60% when Bill B was his DC with the Jets and barely over 50% when he was at the Cowboys.

The later years are really telling.
Leader In Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:26 PM   #109
Playmaker
 
CrustyRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RatherbeinDC, TX
Posts: 2,598
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Geeeeeze!! Parcdells and Belichick will both be in there sooner or later!!! Give it a break!!
__________________
Lafayette, we're here.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:32 PM   #110
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,741
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
Geeeeeze!! Parcdells and Belichick will both be in there sooner or later!!! Give it a break!!
All of this
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:49 PM   #111
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,854
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader In Sports View Post
Enshrinement 2012 Finalists comparative stats: Coaches - W-L-T
I just saw this on the HOF website and it illustrates my point about when Parcells had success.

His Giants Super Bowls were only when Bill B was his DC

He was 50% career with the Patriots and the only successful year was when Bill B left the Browns and was his DC.

He won 60% when Bill B was his DC with the Jets and barely over 50% when he was at the Cowboys.

The later years are really telling.
You killing me with this crap man. He took the Jets from a basement dweller and turned them into a competitive team. He also set up the Cowboys roster that turned into a highly competitive team.

To link Parcells success to Bellicheat is hilarious to say. Again, who picked those players during the Parcells/Bellicheat era? Bellicheat? Not hardly.

You sound like some of these Skins fans that hate Shanny. A clear agenda against the man for no reason.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:10 PM   #112
Special Teams
 
Leader In Sports's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 385
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Sorry, absolutely no agenda at all. I am simply making a point. If you had to pick a coach for your team, who would you pick? Bill P or Bill B?

Me, I would pick Bill B everyday of the week.


Yes, I also agree with those who say they will both get in. Just not sure it should actually be that way.
Leader In Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:17 PM   #113
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,111
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader In Sports View Post
Sorry, absolutely no agenda at all. I am simply making a point. If you had to pick a coach for your team, who would you pick? Bill P or Bill B?

Me, I would pick Bill B everyday of the week.


Yes, I also agree with those who say they will both get in. Just not sure it should actually be that way.
Both will be in the Hall of Fame. I don't know if this affects the HOF selection process, but so far Parcell's coaching tree has been more successful than Belichick's. Not that this is a big deal, but it shows one of many ways a coach can influence the league.

Just a random though with BB, I wonder what would have happened if Bledsoe doesn't get hurt? I thought he was a good QB, but not Tom Brady good.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #114
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,854
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader In Sports View Post
Sorry, absolutely no agenda at all. I am simply making a point. If you had to pick a coach for your team, who would you pick? Bill P or Bill B?

Me, I would pick Bill B everyday of the week.


Yes, I also agree with those who say they will both get in. Just not sure it should actually be that way.

Until Bill Belicheat goes to another squad and turn them into a power house like Parcells has done time and time, get back with me. Belicheck ONLY succeeded because he was set up nicely by Parcells to begin with(super bowl caliber team from 2 years previously). Why else did he take the NE job over the Jets job? He knew the talent was much better on the Patriots. Otherwise, my guess is his tenure in New England would have ended up much like it did in Cleveland.



As of 2011, former Parcells assistants who are currently head coaches in either the NFL or the college ranks include:

* Bill Belichick, New England Patriots
* Tom Coughlin, New York Giants
* Sean Payton, New Orleans Saints

* Mike MacIntyre, San Jose State
* Charlie Weis, University of Kansas
* Romeo Crennel, Kansas City Chiefs


Three out of those 6 current coaches have a Super Bowl ring (as head coach) as well. The guy knows football, knows how to coach, and knows how to lead.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:50 PM   #115
Special Teams
 
Leader In Sports's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 385
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Until Bill Belicheat goes to another squad and turn them into a power house like Parcells has done time and time, get back with me. Belicheck ONLY succeeded because he was set up nicely by Parcells to begin with(super bowl caliber team from 2 years previously). Why else did he take the NE job over the Jets job? He knew the talent was much better on the Patriots. Otherwise, my guess is his tenure in New England would have ended up much like it did in Cleveland.

Cut out the coaching tree part only because there is no disagreement that the success levels (although give it time and see).

Your argument would hold up about Parcells building the Patriots except Parcells also took what he wanted when he moved to the Jets (Martin). It also doesn't hold up because I doubt anyone could say the Patriots still have Parcells stamp on it.

While I agree that Brady is obviously better than Bledsoe, didn't the Patriots also have success when Brady went down and Cassel filled in? That to me is more like the argument someone pointed out earlier about Walsh having Montana.

Believe it or not, I am not an idiot. I realize Parcells will be in Canton at some point. I am just pointing out some arguments that have been going around for years. Just open your mind a bit and think about it.
Leader In Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #116
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,111
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader In Sports View Post
Cut out the coaching tree part only because there is no disagreement that the success levels (although give it time and see).

Your argument would hold up about Parcells building the Patriots except Parcells also took what he wanted when he moved to the Jets (Martin). It also doesn't hold up because I doubt anyone could say the Patriots still have Parcells stamp on it.

While I agree that Brady is obviously better than Bledsoe, didn't the Patriots also have success when Brady went down and Cassel filled in? That to me is more like the argument someone pointed out earlier about Walsh having Montana.

Believe it or not, I am not an idiot. I realize Parcells will be in Canton at some point. I am just pointing out some arguments that have been going around for years. Just open your mind a bit and think about it.
It is hard to dismiss the coaching tree part, if you are making an argument for right now. Will Belichick end up having a coaching career better than Parcells when he retires? Absolutely. But if you compare Parcells' career to what BB has done so far, then I would give the nod to Parcells.

It would be interesting to see how would Belichick fare in rebuilding another team. While his Parcells' tenures with the Jets and the Cowboys were not great, he was fairly successful with those two organizations.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #117
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,004
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

When Brady retires I wonder if BB will too.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:00 PM   #118
Special Teams
 
Leader In Sports's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 385
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
When Brady retires I wonder if BB will too.
He has been there since 2000, so it would make sense.

I just looked up Bill B and his tenure in Cleveland (90-95). 1994 he got the team turned around with an 11-4 record and went to the playoffs. 1995 the team was 4-5 when on November 6 Modell announced the move to Baltimore and the team just fell apart finishing 5-11.

I am not so sure I would call Bill B a failure in Cleveland.
Leader In Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:48 AM   #119
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,144
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader In Sports View Post
Sorry, absolutely no agenda at all. I am simply making a point. If you had to pick a coach for your team, who would you pick? Bill P or Bill B?

Me, I would pick Bill B everyday of the week.


Yes, I also agree with those who say they will both get in. Just not sure it should actually be that way.
Just stop...
with your logic Belichick should'nt get in unless Brady goes becuase when he was in Cleveland he stunk,he only won in New England.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:54 AM   #120
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,144
Re: Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader In Sports View Post
Believe it or not, I am not an idiot. I realize Parcells will be in Canton at some point. I am just pointing out some arguments that have been going around for years. Just open your mind a bit and think about it.
...ok ,you're right.

.....the world is flat.

....we never went to the moon.

......and hell yeah OJ is innocent.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.38245 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25