Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Start John Beck Madness Thread

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2011, 10:06 PM   #211
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,663
Re: Start John Beck Madness Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well it's just too bad we didn't get Kyle Orton...who has 13 turnovers in his last 7 starts
yeah. Would be nice to have Hasselback, till he gets banged up that is.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-03-2011, 10:09 PM   #212
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 8,991
Re: Start John Beck Madness Thread

Maybe Vinny Testaverde is out there?
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Win! Always win!
By fair means or foul, by soft words and hard deeds...
by treachery, by cunning, by malpractice...
but always win--Edward Teach
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:12 PM   #213
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,663
Re: Start John Beck Madness Thread

LMAO.... can't believe I would even type this, but you know we do have two weeks to get Ol' Brett Farve ready to go against Philly.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:15 PM   #214
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,094
Re: Start John Beck Madness Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well it's just too bad we didn't get Kyle Orton...who has 13 turnovers in his last 7 starts
HEY!!! You leave Orton out of this
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:34 PM   #215
Special Teams
 
fanarchist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 106
Re: Start John Beck Madness Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
And how do you know that Beck CAN do those things? Answer: you don't.

The fact is, neither Grossman nor Beck are the answer in the end. When it comes to QB play this year, we must grin and bear the situation.

But since some here would like to blindly change QB's, I reinstate my call for Jon Crompton. How do we know that he isn't the next Dan Marino?

Start Crompton Now! Start Crompton Now! Rocky Top for the Win!
Read, and retain. Read, and retain. Not a difficult process. Whether he can or he can't get it done, as we know him now, is not the issue. It's nebulous. The point is to put him in a situation where you can clearly define whether he can or can't get it done.

And what "some here" are proposing is not completely absurd. Beck atleast knows the offense. I realize you're just trying your hand at humor, but Crompton? C'mon dude.

Last edited by fanarchist; 10-03-2011 at 11:50 PM.
fanarchist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:07 AM   #216
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,443
Re: Start John Beck Madness Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanarchist View Post
Read, and retain. Read, and retain. Not a difficult process. Whether he can or he can't get it done, as we know him now, is not the issue. It's nebulous. The point is to put him in a situation where you can clearly define whether he can or can't get it done.

And what "some here" are proposing is not completely absurd. Beck atleast knows the offense. I realize you're just trying your hand at humor, but Crompton? C'mon dude.
That's what the preseason is for and Beck really did not get it done that well.

I am no Rex apologist. He makes me cringe often.

But the "let's throw Beck out there and see what happens" argument that you are making is absurd. First, we could be worse off and thereby squander our hard-bought early gains. Second, Shanny sees Beck every day in practice and therefore has a fair idea what he can do, so Shanny has no reason to throw things against the wall to see what sticks. Third, the "let's see what happens" argument can be applied to others on the roster. It is also coherent to argue that we don't know what Crompton would do so we should throw him out there. Heck, one could argue as well that we should throw Doughty out there as QB - he's never been tested by fire in that role, either.

You do not seem to appreciate how absurd the "let's just throw Beck in there and see what happens" argument is.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:51 AM   #217
The Starter
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Age: 29
Posts: 1,956
Re: Start John Beck Madness Thread

Rex.
__________________
NFL officiating is BY FAR the worst in proffessional sports. Except no substitutions... worse or not!!


R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:16 AM   #218
Special Teams
 
fanarchist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 106
Re: Start John Beck Madness Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
That's what the preseason is for and Beck really did not get it done that well.

I am no Rex apologist. He makes me cringe often.

But the "let's throw Beck out there and see what happens" argument that you are making is absurd. First, we could be worse off and thereby squander our hard-bought early gains. Second, Shanny sees Beck every day in practice and therefore has a fair idea what he can do, so Shanny has no reason to throw things against the wall to see what sticks. Third, the "let's see what happens" argument can be applied to others on the roster. It is also coherent to argue that we don't know what Crompton would do so we should throw him out there. Heck, one could argue as well that we should throw Doughty out there as QB - he's never been tested by fire in that role, either.

You do not seem to appreciate how absurd the "let's just throw Beck in there and see what happens" argument is.
Yet again you bungle the point by taking it to extreme levels of absurdity. Beck is a guy, at the QB position, who has been in the system, with offensive playbook in hand, for 1 year and 3 months now. He is a guy who understands the system, and convinsingly owns the backup role on this squad. He was in an open QB competition vying for the starting role with Rex Grossman this offseason. It is highly debatable, in my opinion, that Grossman out played Beck to the point where he dominated the competition so conclusively that he won the job unquestionably. To deminish his role with such emphatic asininity, to the point where you would juxtapose Beck with Doughty at the QB position, is more of a slap in the the face to the Shanahans and their personnel decisions then I could ever make with a simple plea to see a guy play in a game scenario before the verdict has been rendered. I'm content waiting for Grossman to continue to make the same mistakes, because with every one Beck inches closer to his shot. He may flop, he may be average, he may impress. I don't know. I never claimed to. But I atleast have enough faith in the Shanahans to believe that they consider their backup good enough to keep him one injury away from starting.
fanarchist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:10 AM   #219
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,217
Re: Start John Beck Madness Thread

lol John Beck... We are 3-1 and people are screaming for a QB change.. I could only imagine what Redskin Nation would be doing right now if we were 1-3
__________________
HTTR
Redskin Fan since '88
Be friends on Twitter! @thecasualhero
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:17 AM   #220
Special Teams
 
takethecake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bethesda, MD
Age: 26
Posts: 279
Re: Start John Beck Madness Thread

If we were 1-3, we could very well be looking at Beck starting against Philly, especially if the losses could be directly attributed to Rex turnovers.
takethecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:30 AM   #221
Camp Scrub
 
gafinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 60
Re: Start John Beck Madness Thread

If Grossman was the changed QB he keeps repeating to himself We would have beaten those CowBoys! And if you can't see that well I'm sorry but its true!
gafinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:33 AM   #222
The Starter
 
#56fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Charlotte NC
Age: 39
Posts: 1,788
Re: Start John Beck Madness Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanarchist View Post
Yet again you bungle the point by taking it to extreme levels of absurdity. Beck is a guy, at the QB position, who has been in the system, with offensive playbook in hand, for 1 year and 3 months now. He is a guy who understands the system, and convinsingly owns the backup role on this squad. He was in an open QB competition vying for the starting role with Rex Grossman this offseason. It is highly debatable, in my opinion, that Grossman out played Beck to the point where he dominated the competition so conclusively that he won the job unquestionably. To deminish his role with such emphatic asininity, to the point where you would juxtapose Beck with Doughty at the QB position, is more of a slap in the the face to the Shanahans and their personnel decisions then I could ever make with a simple plea to see a guy play in a game scenario before the verdict has been rendered. I'm content waiting for Grossman to continue to make the same mistakes, because with every one Beck inches closer to his shot. He may flop, he may be average, he may impress. I don't know. I never claimed to. But I atleast have enough faith in the Shanahans to believe that they consider their backup good enough to keep him one injury away from starting.

wow...I can't believe you two are arguing back and forth about a QB and team that is 3-1. Skins fans can never be happy without controversy.

To your point about Beck being in the system and knowing it after 1yr 3months. Rex has 3 years in the system and I would bet he has a better handle on it than Beck. The backup QB is the best position in football. He is the savior, the man, that is until the starter goes down and he steps in and shits on himself. Then it is well he is a backup what do you expect. Look, Rex is starting because he is the better of the two. Shanny has had two years of these guys on the roster, watching them practice and watching game film. I think they know who is better and who gives us a better chance to win.

Of the 5 INT's, how many of them should have been caught? 3 or 4 right.. So, if the WR catches the ball, are we even having this discussion. NOPE. So go and watch the games again, Rex isn't playing that bad.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:48 AM   #223
The Starter
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 2,073
Re: Start John Beck Madness Thread

I refuse to consider a QB change at 3-1. That would be ridiculous!

Rex won the job and, since then, he hasn't done anything to lose it. We know who he is as a QB. He can be streaky and he turns the ball over a little more than we would like. I can live with that as long as he keeps "Bad Rex" bottled up for the most part.

Who is John Beck, anyway? It's not like we have Matthew Stafford sitting on the bench.

Besides, as I've said all along, we don't have our franchise QB on the team yet. In the meantime, Rex is doing a good job for us. Go Rex!
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:02 AM   #224
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,571
Re: Start John Beck Madness Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44ever View Post
When you lose to a beat up lame ass Cowboys team and barely beat the crapless Rams, their is legitimate grounds for concern. Unless of course one is short sighted. 3-1 yes, convincingly no.

The team is playing great. Grossman, not so great so far. I don't see a problem with anyone wanting Beck at this time.
Who cares about convincingly?! Style points only count in college football.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:53 AM   #225
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,366
Re: Start John Beck Madness Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Shame that we're 3-1 sitting here banging our heads against the wall over the starting QB... as usual.
Well I think most fans are happy that we're 3-1. But I also think most fans realize that we barely beat a really bad football team. And the reason was cause of the offense. The Rams flat out dropped a pick six. Going to need more out of the QB position in order to beat better teams.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30433 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25