Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


The Running Game

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Who should start at RB against Philly?
Torain 90 69.77%
Hightower 39 30.23%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2011, 08:32 PM   #46
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,403
Re: The Running Game

Running the ball and playing good D never goes out of style.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-02-2011, 08:37 PM   #47
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,130
Re: The Running Game

Redskins coach Mike Shanahan said in his post-game press conference Sunday that Tim Hightower's Week 4 role was reduced because he "looked banged up" in practices this past week.
Hightower wasn't even on the injury report, of course. The Redskins instead decided to go with the hot hand at St. Louis, and Ryan Torain had it en route to 19 carries, 135 yards, and a touchdown. Hightower probably isn't going to go away, but his role as Washington's lead back has appeared tenuous since Shanahan admitted to nearly benching him last Monday night. We'll have more updates on the Skins' backfield throughout the week ahead.
__________________
Charlie: Okay. Take off your seat belt.
Alan: Why?
Charlie: Because when I slam on the brakes I want to watch you go through the windshield.
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:41 PM   #48
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 25
Posts: 11,754
Re: The Running Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Running the ball and playing good D never goes out of style.
Truth.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:44 PM   #49
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,130
Re: The Running Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Running the ball and playing good D never goes out of style.
Whatever Grandpa

"I tell you what you want to win games these days ya got to pitch it around."
-De Old Ball Coach
__________________
Charlie: Okay. Take off your seat belt.
Alan: Why?
Charlie: Because when I slam on the brakes I want to watch you go through the windshield.
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:49 PM   #50
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: The Running Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Redskins coach Mike Shanahan said in his post-game press conference Sunday that Tim Hightower's Week 4 role was reduced because he "looked banged up" in practices this past week.
Hightower wasn't even on the injury report, of course. The Redskins instead decided to go with the hot hand at St. Louis, and Ryan Torain had it en route to 19 carries, 135 yards, and a touchdown. Hightower probably isn't going to go away, but his role as Washington's lead back has appeared tenuous since Shanahan admitted to nearly benching him last Monday night. We'll have more updates on the Skins' backfield throughout the week ahead.
They way the games go, everyone is bound to be a little nicked up unless you are a kicker or punter. It's very possible Hightower got hit somewhere and it's "hidable" from the injury report.

That said, Mike Shanahan is a terrible "liar" or excuse-maker when talking to the press. Luckily, Hightower isn't as "big" as McNabb and thus no one really cares.
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:08 PM   #51
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: The Running Game

Sounds like Hightower is expendable on my fantasy team then. I have him as a flex guy, so I can pick up a young stud WR.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:11 PM   #52
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: The Running Game

Sorry, being banged up doesn't mean squat if you lose carries to a younger more physical RB. I couldn't watch the game since I am in Detroit(Lions were on). UNless you guys saw TH get really nailed and hobbled off the field, he was just benched. He was good fantasy wise just because he has been, til today, good for one TD.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:14 PM   #53
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,403
Re: The Running Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
Sorry, being banged up doesn't mean squat if you lose carries to a younger more physical RB. I couldn't watch the game since I am in Detroit(Lions were on). UNless you guys saw TH get really nailed and hobbled off the field, he was just benched. He was good fantasy wise just because he has been, til today, good for one TD.
TH came into this game banged up. Torain practiced well this week and was the hot hand today.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:14 PM   #54
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: The Running Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I disagree. I think "banged up" is code for "he sucks."

I think you are right sir. TH's ypc is not very good, especially the last two games. I am not sure, but I don't think it is 3 ypc.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:17 PM   #55
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 10,580
Re: The Running Game

I really dont care if it TH, Helu or Torain. If someone is hurt, then someone steps up and takes the ball. If someone is hot, stick with the hot hand. All 3 guys seem to be really good fits with this style of offense, so lets just keep running the ball.
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:17 PM   #56
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: The Running Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
TH came into this game banged up. Torain practiced well this week and was the hot hand today.
Not so sure man. I like TH, but his yards per carry does suck rocks. He is usually good for one TD, but I am not sure. I guess we will see in week 6 who the starter is.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:21 PM   #57
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,403
Re: The Running Game

I guess his shoulder brace or whatever he was wearing was just for show.

Look, TH is clearly not playing well and Torain came in and played great. I won't be surprised if Torain is the starter against Philly, but TH is dinged up. He's had a lot of work so far.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:22 PM   #58
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 25
Posts: 11,754
Re: The Running Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
I think you are right sir. TH's ypc is not very good, especially the last two games. I am not sure, but I don't think it is 3 ypc.
I think I probably should've made it more clear, that was sarcasm. Hightower, for whatever reason, whether it be injuries, hasn't had very many big moments so far this season, except for his effective first half against AZ. But I do think he's injured, because I saw him wearing what looked like a shoulder harness on the field today and I don't think players normally wear those when they're not injured.

Either way idc if he's injured or not, because it's obvious we have a very nice triplet scenario at the moment. If he can't pound the rock, we have 2 other guys that can.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:24 PM   #59
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: The Running Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehard View Post
Gotta mix it up still though, otherwise defenses know what's coming at them with whoever is in the backfield.
Good point. Shanny should have just said TH was having a tough day at the office and put Ryan in for a different look or give TH a break. Nobody in here has mentioned anything about him getting really bange up in the g ame, unless it is heldover from the Boys debacle.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #60
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 25
Posts: 11,754
Re: The Running Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
Good point. Shanny should have just said TH was having a tough day at the office and put Ryan in for a different look or give TH a break. Nobody in here has mentioned anything about him getting really bange up in the g ame, unless it is heldover from the Boys debacle.
May I present piece of evidence #1:


Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I don't know what you're disagreeing about exactly. I'm telling you he's banged up. I'm not guessing that he is. He is
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30427 seconds with 11 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25