Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redemption Week!!

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2011, 02:03 PM   #91
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Redemption Week!!

I'm all for using the run more but when Cowboys and Rams both committed to stopping the run we used only one slant against them and it worked. But it seemed they stopped using it.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-13-2011, 02:05 PM   #92
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Redemption Week!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinsInNYC View Post
Good take by Dan Graziano of the ESPN NFC East blog re: importance of the game to the Redskins (can't post the link, not special enough yet).

Rak's quotes make the defensive gameplan sound a bit more conservative this week. I hope this is not the case. Please tell me I am paranoid or that I am over/misreading this.
NFL Nation Blog - ESPN
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:12 PM   #93
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Redemption Week!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinsInNYC View Post
Good take by Dan Graziano of the ESPN NFC East blog re: importance of the game to the Redskins (can't post the link, not special enough yet).

Rak's quotes make the defensive gameplan sound a bit more conservative this week. I hope this is not the case. Please tell me I am paranoid or that I am over/misreading this.
I wouldn't say the gameplan is conservative. I'm sure we'll bring heat at Vick. The way I read it is Rak is simply saying we need to be smart in pursuit of the QB. Vick is probably the most elusive QB of all time. Gotta account for that. I think that's all he was saying.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:16 PM   #94
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,104
Re: Redemption Week!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinsInNYC View Post
Good take by Dan Graziano of the ESPN NFC East blog re: importance of the game to the Redskins (can't post the link, not special enough yet).

Rak's quotes make the defensive gameplan sound a bit more conservative this week. I hope this is not the case. Please tell me I am paranoid or that I am over/misreading this.
I think you're misreading this. We're still gonna bring the heat on Vick, but we can't overpursue and leave open an area that he can escape to. Our pass rush has to be consistent in all areas, up the middle, to the inside and outside of the tackles, otherwise we will leave a hole that he can escape through.

We're still gonna bring pressure, it's obvious after 4 games that when Vick gets pressured and has nowhere to run, he gets forced into making dumb mistakes. Rak was saying if he rushes to the outside of the tackle and leaves the inside open for Vick to escape, that's what'll happen. We need to surround him and leave him no where to escape to, to the point where he'll throw it up or take a sack.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:46 PM   #95
Special Teams
 
RedskinsInNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New York City
Age: 31
Posts: 110
Re: Redemption Week!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I think you're misreading this. We're still gonna bring the heat on Vick, but we can't overpursue and leave open an area that he can escape to. Our pass rush has to be consistent in all areas, up the middle, to the inside and outside of the tackles, otherwise we will leave a hole that he can escape through.

We're still gonna bring pressure, it's obvious after 4 games that when Vick gets pressured and has nowhere to run, he gets forced into making dumb mistakes. Rak was saying if he rushes to the outside of the tackle and leaves the inside open for Vick to escape, that's what'll happen. We need to surround him and leave him no where to escape to, to the point where he'll throw it up or take a sack.
I feel a little better.
RedskinsInNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 03:07 PM   #96
Start RG

 
CrazyCanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,904
Re: Redemption Week!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I, of course, want us to win. My bigger concern with a loss wouldn't be the loss itself but the fear that it starts a downward spiral
I think it would depend on how we lost. An embarassment like last year would certainly hurt, but a close hard-fought loss where we played well wouldn't (shouldn't) be the end of the world.

I'm much more worried about sending the dirty birds on an upward spiral. This reminds me a lot of the Giants game in 2007. They were 0-2 and ready to collapse. We had a big lead at half and could've finished them off for good. Instead they stopped us on the goalline, won the game, and went on to win the Super Bowl.
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:00 PM   #97
The Starter
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 1,077
Re: Redemption Week!!

I really don't expect to see Vick in the pocket much. I expect him to put his team squarely on his shoulders and get out of the pocket to escape pressure, give his receivers more opportunity to get open and to make plays with his legs. I see the ground game with Vick and McCoy as the biggest threats. I trust the Skins are gameplanning for that too.

On the defense side, I think they sell out to stop the run. No way do they let us get a ground game going (or at least they try). They will force Rex to beat them hoping he is less than stellar and makes some mistakes that give them good field position and more possessions. Rex must bring his A game and play mistake free football for us to win this game.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:03 PM   #98
Playmaker
 
CrustyRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RatherbeinDC, TX
Posts: 2,674
Re: Redemption Week!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehard View Post
Run, run, run, and bootleg pass.
On 4th down?
__________________
Lafayette, we're here.

HTTR. Your wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:03 PM   #99
The Starter
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 1,077
Re: Redemption Week!!

I am stoked because they are actually showing the game here...

Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:03 PM   #100
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,565
Re: Redemption Week!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I am stoked because they are actually showing the game here...

thats pretty cool
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:11 PM   #101
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Redemption Week!!

So that means the Skins game was chosen to be broadcast over AFN?
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:31 PM   #102
The Starter
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 1,077
Re: Redemption Week!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
So that means the Skins game was chosen to be broadcast over AFN?
Yes that is correct. We get AFN Europe here until they shut it off next month.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:23 PM   #103
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Redemption Week!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Gotta love the passion and intensity Rak has for the game!! Obviously our defense is smart to not underestimate the Iggles offense. Rak said it perfectly that Philly has been its worst enemy with the turnovers. I have little doubt our front 7 will be stellar as in I expect them all to go with high motors all game long. Maybe a bit concerned with the secondary? Hopefully they really gel starting with this game!

Doubt the defensive gameplan will be conservative...not really Haslett's thing. Can't say I feel that way about the offense. Really hope Kyle calls a great game. It's time we start to see some points on the board!!!
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:33 PM   #104
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Redemption Week!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Gotta love the passion and intensity Rak has for the game!! Obviously our defense is smart to not underestimate the Iggles offense. Rak said it perfectly that Philly has been its worst enemy with the turnovers. I have little doubt our front 7 will be stellar as in I expect them all to go with high motors all game long. Maybe a bit concerned with the secondary? Hopefully they really gel starting with this game!

Doubt the defensive gameplan will be conservative...not really Haslett's thing. Can't say I feel that way about the offense. Really hope Kyle calls a great game. It's time we start to see some points on the board!!!
We're gonna need to this week. IMO we're gonna need to put up at least 24 to beat this team.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:13 PM   #105
Registered User
 
44ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Fortune Teller
Posts: 2,512
Re: Redemption Week!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
We're gonna need to this week. IMO we're gonna need to put up at least 24 to beat this team.
Agree Scud. I have a feeling both teams will have a breakout game. But I think the Skins will edge them out this time. With that said, I would love to see us run it up on them.
44ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27872 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25