Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


What's your take on our coaching?

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Should Mike Shanahan be on the "hot seat"?
Yes 39 27.46%
No 103 72.54%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2011, 02:29 PM   #421
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,342
Re: What's your take on our coaching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
Will one of you experts just answer one question for me? How can it happen and is it a good thing to regress durring the rebuilding process?
I'm no expert, but I would think any regression would be in the 1st year as player evaluations are being made and transition to a new system/philosophy, after that there shouldn't be a regression, outside of injuries.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-17-2011, 02:59 PM   #422
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,815
Re: What's your take on our coaching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
I would expect a 9-7 or 8-8 from us next year providing we get a good rookie QB. We have to revamp everything Saden, and I mean everything, even finish sorting out the WR corp for the future. Secondary and the LB corps are a mess. We need 3-4 OLs for at least depth. Just too many gaps yet to fill to make this a really solid squad.
Way too early to tell where we'll be record wise. People were saying the same thing this year and we're not getting to 8-9 wins this year.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:10 PM   #423
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,028
Re: What's your take on our coaching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
Will one of you experts just answer one question for me? How can it happen and is it a good thing to regress durring the rebuilding process?
My guess is that regression can happen when you stop playing vets and instead depend more on inexperienced players.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:35 PM   #424
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,237
Re: What's your take on our coaching?

In my opinion, this is the first year of the rebuild. I think the Shanahans thought we had more talent than we did and are starting to realize we're devoid of any real game changing players, especially on offense.

They've done a great job of changing the defense to a 3-4. They've acquired a significant amount of talent and that group has gotten much better. I expect to see similar strides made on the offensive side of the ball over the next two years.

You have to give the Shanahans the first 5 years. I love hearing fans complain about how Snyder is impatient, always just wants to spend money and 'buy' a superbowl, and doesn't run the organization the right way. He goes out and hires an Established head coach and two coordinators with impressive resumes. Along with that hires a GM that has built a team that went to a super bowl. Very few flashy FA signings, but really getting the guys that you can build around and then going deep in the draft. Now he's taking shit for keeping the guy rebuilding the team too long. This guy just can't win in DC.

We suck. But we're getting better and a lot of talent. I'm happy with the direction of the team. I'll gladly suffer through a few miserable years to be contending for the division every year for the next 7-10 years.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:40 PM   #425
Playmaker
 
CrustyRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RatherbeinDC, TX
Posts: 2,678
Re: What's your take on our coaching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
In my opinion, this is the first year of the rebuild. I think the Shanahans thought we had more talent than we did and are starting to realize we're devoid of any real game changing players, especially on offense.

They've done a great job of changing the defense to a 3-4. They've acquired a significant amount of talent and that group has gotten much better. I expect to see similar strides made on the offensive side of the ball over the next two years.

You have to give the Shanahans the first 5 years. I love hearing fans complain about how Snyder is impatient, always just wants to spend money and 'buy' a superbowl, and doesn't run the organization the right way. He goes out and hires an Established head coach and two coordinators with impressive resumes. Along with that hires a GM that has built a team that went to a super bowl. Very few flashy FA signings, but really getting the guys that you can build around and then going deep in the draft. Now he's taking shit for keeping the guy rebuilding the team too long. This guy just can't win in DC.

We suck. But we're getting better and a lot of talent. I'm happy with the direction of the team. I'll gladly suffer through a few miserable years to be contending for the division every year for the next 7-10 years.

Great post!! Im sooooooooo with ya, i just hope it pays off.
__________________
Lafayette, we're here.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:00 PM   #426
Special Teams
 
Shadowbyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 409
Re: What's your take on our coaching?

I love it how the Shannahans and some uninformed fans placed all of the blame on DM5 last year. Now that he's gone the team has almost hit rock-bottom. Do you think Rex or Beck could lead us to victory against Cutler, Rogers, Romo, Vick? Nope, but DM5 sure did last year, with no running game, awful line, along with a defense that ranked dead last. However that didn't stop the lynch mob from calling for his head.

The fact of the matter is Shannahan has lost his mojo. Pat Bowlen realized that after a decade of mediocrity in Denver. I can't wait until this guy is toast. I don't want him or Kyle coming anywhere near our next Franchise QB. This is the same guy who said he'd stake his reputation on the fact that Beck and Rex can play.

Last edited by Shadowbyte; 11-17-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Shadowbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:32 PM   #427
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: What's your take on our coaching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowbyte View Post
I love it how the Shannahans and some uninformed fans placed all of the blame on DM5 last year. Now that he's gone the team has almost hit rock-bottom. Do you think Rex or Beck could lead us to victory against Cutler, Rogers, Romo, Vick? Nope, but DM5 sure did last year, with no running game, awful line, along with a defense that ranked dead last. However that didn't stop the lynch mob from calling for his head.

The fact of the matter is Shannahan has lost his mojo. Pat Bowlen realized that after a decade of mediocrity in Denver. I can't wait until this guy is toast. I don't want him or Kyle coming anywhere near our next Franchise QB. This is the same guy who said he'd stake his reputation on the fact that Beck and Rex can play.
Sharp post!! I'm not sure if McNabb was going to take us anywhere, but you're exactly correct things have only gotten worse since egomaniac Mike threw McNabb, one of the most respected players in the league, under the bus.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:40 PM   #428
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,975
Re: What's your take on our coaching?

Of course, I guess we're all forgetting how strong our run game was against the Eagles and Bears last year and Hall's plays against the Cowboys and Bears
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:12 PM   #429
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,471
Re: What's your take on our coaching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowbyte View Post
I love it how the Shannahans and some uninformed fans placed all of the blame on DM5 last year. Now that he's gone the team has almost hit rock-bottom. Do you think Rex or Beck could lead us to victory against Cutler, Rogers, Romo, Vick? Nope, but DM5 sure did last year, with no running game, awful line, along with a defense that ranked dead last. However that didn't stop the lynch mob from calling for his head.

The fact of the matter is Shannahan has lost his mojo. Pat Bowlen realized that after a decade of mediocrity in Denver. I can't wait until this guy is toast. I don't want him or Kyle coming anywhere near our next Franchise QB. This is the same guy who said he'd stake his reputation on the fact that Beck and Rex can play.
Is this by chance the same DM that currently resides as bench savior to a rookie QB?
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:20 PM   #430
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: What's your take on our coaching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowbyte View Post
I love it how the Shannahans and some uninformed fans placed all of the blame on DM5 last year. Now that he's gone the team has almost hit rock-bottom. Do you think Rex or Beck could lead us to victory against Cutler, Rogers, Romo, Vick? Nope, but DM5 sure did last year, with no running game, awful line, along with a defense that ranked dead last. However that didn't stop the lynch mob from calling for his head.

The fact of the matter is Shannahan has lost his mojo. Pat Bowlen realized that after a decade of mediocrity in Denver. I can't wait until this guy is toast. I don't want him or Kyle coming anywhere near our next Franchise QB. This is the same guy who said he'd stake his reputation on the fact that Beck and Rex can play.
Exactly, Shanny thought Beck could be a franchise type QB? He thought Kyle could be an alchemist and turn a common rock into pure gold. I am willing to give Shanny two more years to get a respectable team going, but to be honest if I had to bet on it, I would bet he doesn't get it done. Too many holes to fill first of all, and Next he just might not be such a great coach.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:24 PM   #431
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: What's your take on our coaching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Is this by chance the same DM that currently resides as bench savior to a rookie QB?
That same fate was shared by two of our SB winning Qbs, so that doesn't mean anything. Donovan last season was still way better than either bum we have under center this season. Donovan just lost his mojo, just like Shanny probably has.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:44 PM   #432
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,222
Re: What's your take on our coaching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
That same fate was shared by two of our SB winning Qbs, so that doesn't mean anything. Donovan last season was still way better than either bum we have under center this season. Donovan just lost his mojo, just like Shanny probably has.
The fact he was benched for a rookie, and is being outplayed by said rookie makes your point null and invalid. Try again.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:58 PM   #433
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,975
Re: What's your take on our coaching?

I still can't remember when Shanahan hyped up Beck to be any sort of franchise QB
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:10 PM   #434
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,471
Re: What's your take on our coaching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
That same fate was shared by two of our SB winning Qbs, so that doesn't mean anything. Donovan last season was still way better than either bum we have under center this season. Donovan just lost his mojo, just like Shanny probably has.
Really? So your saying the DM is just biding his time preparing for a carefully timed renaissance and return to glory?
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:20 PM   #435
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,471
Re: What's your take on our coaching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I still can't remember when Shanahan hyped up Beck to be any sort of franchise QB
Any reference to same would probably have been ShanaSpeak as he seems to take particular joy in F..n with the media and feeding the fans whatever is convenient for him.
Which I find kind of rewarding and yet amusing with the speed people jump on his rhetoric....
Joe did the same thing but it all sounded the same...Super Smart..
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31851 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25