Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Panthers)

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2011, 05:33 PM   #181
The Starter
 
CrustyRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RatherbeinDC, TX
Posts: 2,456
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Panthers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
I don't think I have really seen our team come out looking to just crush someone. We don't seem to play with the kind of intensity -- for 4 quarters, anyway -- that characterizes the play of winning teams. There are individual efforts, of course, to the contrary (as in, everything from London Fletcher), but it's just not enough. Our team doesn't seem to have a killer instinct.

To illustrate this point, look what the Chiefs did to the Raiders. That drubbing not only underscores the importance of the QB position, but it also shows what even a bad team (and the Chiefs are a bad team) can do to a better opponent when they turn it on and never let up. Can ANYONE recall the last time a Redskins team totally dominated an opponent the way the Chiefs manhandled the Raiders? Or the Saints over the Colts? I honestly cannot remember.
I agree, last dominant ass kickin i remmember us dishing out was vs Dallas in 05. and vs San Fran in 05
__________________
Special Teams and Defense!!!!
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-24-2011, 06:20 PM   #182
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Panthers)

Locklear will cost you some push in the running game over Brown, but he's a far superior pass protector and we don't really run the ball anyway. That may be a potential upgrade.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:49 PM   #183
Impact Rookie
 
Gary84Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 759
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Panthers)

The team quit I was at the game and felt no excitement at all. We were only doen 10 points. They kinda gave up.
Gary84Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:18 PM   #184
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,254
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Panthers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary84Clark View Post
The team quit I was at the game and felt no excitement at all. We were only doen 10 points. They kinda gave up.
kinda giving up on gary clark posts
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:21 PM   #185
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,830
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Panthers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
kinda giving up on gary clark posts
Don't worry, you're not the only one.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:48 PM   #186
F the Shannys

 
CrazyCanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,879
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Panthers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
Rocky McLazy

Cam Newton Stuffed at the Goal Line Against the Redskins - YouTube

Just watch his A+ effort on that play. What can't Riley do that he's doing right now? lol
All I see is Kevin McWhiffy. Thanks for the reminder.
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:03 PM   #187
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,104
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Panthers)

London Fletcher is becoming my all time Fav Redskins
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:59 AM   #188
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,830
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Panthers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck View Post
All I see is Kevin McWhiffy. Thanks for the reminder.
Seriously. He might as well just lay down on the field and act as a welcoming mat for whomever he's trying to tackle, I haven't seen one db so unwilling to try anything other than a halfhearted ankle grab like him.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:54 AM   #189
Special Teams
 
WilbursHomie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 319
We HAVE to draft a breakout offensive player next year. We're just boring on that side of the ball. Who was the last Redskin Drafted skilled player we have had that went to numerous pro bowls? Someone Colin Cowherd can develop an awkward man crush on and talk about for 2 hours a day like he does Romo or Brady. I feel like it's been a while. It's depressing.
WilbursHomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:52 AM   #190
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,227
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Panthers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck View Post
All I see is Kevin McWhiffy. Thanks for the reminder.
Yeah that was bad too.. I really don't even think Kevin Barnes should be playing at the NFL level. His angles are some of the worse in football. He looked awful on that play
__________________
HTTR
Redskin Fan since '88
Be friends on Twitter! @thecasualhero
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:27 AM   #191
The Starter
 
#56fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Charlotte NC
Age: 40
Posts: 1,788
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Panthers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
I think we learned a lot about our defense especially in this game. We are absolutely terrible, like bottom of the barrel, against mobile QBs. It's everything from what I can see: players, coaching, etc.

- Orakpo (and I love the guy) cannot contain his end and often gets caught over-pursuing or is just plain beaten by the QB and/or running back. Kerrigan on the other hand is smarter about containment, but then we have breakdowns across the d-line. When we signed Barry Cofield I didn't understand the excitement among some of us. He played in a great defensive system in NY and was surrounded by monsters. Now it's obvious why they didn't flinch to let him walk. This guy is the epitome of underwhelming. You could make the argument he's out of position I guess and would be better at end, but then why did we sign him? His name is Turd Ferguson from now on lol.

- Haslett doesn't seem to have a clue how to scheme against mobile QBs either. He brings pressure from one side but leaves the other open for running (escape) lanes. The defense has just looked clueless most of the time facing Newton, Vick, and even a very compromised Romo.

- Offensively we are a team w/o an identity. Sort of committed to the run but as soon as Tim got injured it was pass, pass, pass. Beck is probably better than Grossman but I don't think he's gonna win us games, rather make fewer big mistakes. So why become a pass only offense? Especially when you know you can't win the game today because the defense is getting shredded on most drives.

- The other identity crisis (and this goes on MS and BA) is whether we're trying to rebuild the offense and figure out who will play best next year or win now. We brought in Gaffney, who is average at best, and Stallworth (blah) in FA who both take a lot of snaps, but passed on Plaxico who is effin killing it. But then we put a rookie WR in to evidently try and win the game at the end? This is a big problem IMO. It looks and feels like a lack of leadership and direction among the braintrust.

WOW - unbelievable how people jump from one week to the next.

come on people. we are 3-3, we have some tough games coming up, but I believe we are still in the running. Our division isn't as strong as it has been in the past.
I like all the questioning of players and coaches and styles and playcalling when we lose vs when we win. Its so freaking dramatic. I dont get the bashing of Cofield AT ALL. That D line is a HUGE improvement and plays pretty damn well. Carriker has 4 or 5 sacks, pretty good in my eyes. That is directly related to Cofield getting doubled in the middle.
Haslett DOES have a clue. I dont understand why people are questioning him. Our Defense is remarkably better this year. We are 2nd in the NFL on 3rd down, top 5 in sacks. WE are getting better. Another year, another draft and our D could bereally really good.

WHen hightower went down, I can't remember what the score was, but I am guessing we were down a bit. This offense has run the ball as much as most in the league, so no idea where that comes from. From what it looked like to me was Beck was out of rhythm early, and they were trying to get him going, which it looked like he started getting into a good rhythm when they moved him around a little.
As far as bringing Gaffney and Stalworth in why not? Gaffney has proven to be a quility receiver. He had a bad game last week, who doesn't. Stallworth was an invite on minimum salary and he made the team. He may be one that actually pays off now with MOss out 5 or 6 weeks.

THis turning around project isn't going to happen in one year. Throw out last year because I think they thought they had pieces to compete last year with McNabb and quickly realized they didn't. So a couple more drafts and offseasons is when I am looking to make that move and be playoff contenders and super bowl contenders. I rather us to build through the draft, aquire a FA here and there to fill out a young talented roster and compete.

WE ARE headed in the right direction. Look at last year to this year, Defenese alone is leaps and bounds better.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:07 AM   #192
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,251
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Panthers)

I think the good OL play may just be due to the carolinia D not being the best at pass rushing. If they play decentlly like that against NYG or PHI (WITH trent cole) I'd feel much better about their use of roster spots
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:26 AM   #193
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,422
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Panthers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic View Post
WOW - unbelievable how people jump from one week to the next.

come on people. we are 3-3, we have some tough games coming up, but I believe we are still in the running. Our division isn't as strong as it has been in the past.
I like all the questioning of players and coaches and styles and playcalling when we lose vs when we win. Its so freaking dramatic. I dont get the bashing of Cofield AT ALL. That D line is a HUGE improvement and plays pretty damn well. Carriker has 4 or 5 sacks, pretty good in my eyes. That is directly related to Cofield getting doubled in the middle.
Haslett DOES have a clue. I dont understand why people are questioning him. Our Defense is remarkably better this year. We are 2nd in the NFL on 3rd down, top 5 in sacks. WE are getting better. Another year, another draft and our D could bereally really good.

WHen hightower went down, I can't remember what the score was, but I am guessing we were down a bit. This offense has run the ball as much as most in the league, so no idea where that comes from. From what it looked like to me was Beck was out of rhythm early, and they were trying to get him going, which it looked like he started getting into a good rhythm when they moved him around a little.
As far as bringing Gaffney and Stalworth in why not? Gaffney has proven to be a quility receiver. He had a bad game last week, who doesn't. Stallworth was an invite on minimum salary and he made the team. He may be one that actually pays off now with MOss out 5 or 6 weeks.

THis turning around project isn't going to happen in one year. Throw out last year because I think they thought they had pieces to compete last year with McNabb and quickly realized they didn't. So a couple more drafts and offseasons is when I am looking to make that move and be playoff contenders and super bowl contenders. I rather us to build through the draft, aquire a FA here and there to fill out a young talented roster and compete.

WE ARE headed in the right direction. Look at last year to this year, Defenese alone is leaps and bounds better.
two of the wins were against the rams and the cards. we're headed in the right direction but we have a real long way to go.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:30 PM   #194
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,104
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Panthers)

If we lose this week then I'll start to think 6 wins again is possible
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:23 PM   #195
Playmaker
 
SouperMeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 50
Posts: 3,069
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Panthers)

I would have included Orakpo in the smack down, and I'm a huge fan. How many times does he have to lose containment on the edge before Haslett sits him on run downs? Plus, the one time he had a completely blind kill shot on Cam, he made no effort to swipe at the ball with his right hand. That would have been a fumble if D. Ware or Umenyiora had the same opportunity.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30930 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25