Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Updated: Hightower Torn ACL/Moss Out 5-7 Weeks

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2011, 11:03 AM   #106
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,615
Re: Updated: Hightower Torn ACL/Moss Out 5-7 Weeks

Gotta agree with this. Unfortunatly at Moss injury, Stallworth's ineffectiveness and Gaffney's inconsistency...this is a perfect time to get the young guys in the line up. This actually could be a positive turning point, to get young guys in and give them a chance to grab and hold on into a starting spot. To even consider TO would be a massive, Vinny-like mistake. Lets give the young guys a chance to develop and see if they can spark a bottom-5-in-the-league offense.
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-25-2011, 11:07 AM   #107
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Updated: Hightower Torn ACL/Moss Out 5-7 Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
AND the number one reason we won't sign TO is because it's just.........stupid.
Stupid is as stupid does.

Look. I'm not saying he's the answer. Just pointing out that our Vet on the WR team is down. Who do we have as a Vet? tell me your not going with Stallworth. Plus he was out injured with a hammie last week. Is he healthy? Is AA healthy after his hammie? Those injuries can last weeks also especially if they are brought back too soon.

Will the team go out and get T.O.? I doubt it. We'll see a heavy dose of Davis and Paulson, a lot of running, and all the young guns on the field. AA, Paul, Austin, Hankerson, and some other old guy who hasn't done much Stallworth.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:14 AM   #108
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,699
Re: Updated: Hightower Torn ACL/Moss Out 5-7 Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Gotta agree with this. Unfortunatly at Moss injury, Stallworth's ineffectiveness and Gaffney's inconsistency...this is a perfect time to get the young guys in the line up. This actually could be a positive turning point, to get young guys in and give them a chance to grab and hold on into a starting spot. To even consider TO would be a massive, Vinny-like mistake. Lets give the young guys a chance to develop and see if they can spark a bottom-5-in-the-league offense.
Yup, it's the perfect time to get Paul, Austin, and Hankerson involved more.

Paul especially seems ready for a bigger workload.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:18 AM   #109
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Updated: Hightower Torn ACL/Moss Out 5-7 Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Totally agree with the getting younger. Just pointing out that if they want a WR that should already know the routes (not the terminology though) T.O. might should get a look. Older Vet to support the young guys. Thats what Moss was.

I get this bad feeling I watched the wrong Redskins game last weekend cause I'm totally suprised hearing people thinking Beck did well? He did no better then Grossman and committed the same mistakes. and the best answer to that is .."he did well for not having played in 4 yrs." Come on folks, unless I missed it he has practiced for 4 yrs and he has played in the preseason in the last 4 yrs and played rather well in our preseason games. He was not sitting on the couch at home waiting for a call, I'd definitly feel sorry for him if that was the case and probably feel like others feel that his outing was not too bad.

Lets call it what it is.... fans didn't like Grossman, didn't want Grossman, and found every reason in the book to blame the "teams" performance on him. Every single misque was Grossmans fault. Now that he's out, and the favoured QB (Beck) is in and the performance is exactly the same, fans come up with excuses.
"Oh, he was rusty"
"Oh, he was off balance"
"Oh, it was the WR's fault"
"Oh, the OL caused the fumble for not blocking"
"Oh, the WR's are dropping balls"
"Grossman did bad against bad or injured teams"
etc. etc.

Hello, Beck did just as bad, 1 INT (should have been 2) and 1 fumble. Against probably the worst defense.

Grossman is not the long term answer especially at 31yo. Beck having a similar outing against a bad defense is not the long term answer either at 30yo. So, if you want to start the young guns and see what they got and can do ya might as well throw in Jonathan Crompton at QB who's only 24. Lets see what he's got in order to decide if we definitly have to draft a QB next yr.
Can't agree w/much of your evaluation of Beck's game. His stat line of 1 interception is appropriate, since he got away w/one & then the one he threw was debatable as to whose fault it was. It evens out. F. Davis said a couple last week were his fault, but Rex had a couple that were dropped v. Philly, don't forget that.

Sure Beck didn't make all the reads well, but he made plays moving in & out of the pocket that Rex is almost entirely incapable of. He didn't lose this game & yes, he did have a few big drops by recievers that could've made it a different game.

I saw a QB sunday that was a pretty big upgrade to what we had before. He'll have his bad games, he's not a great qb by any stretch, but he gives us more of a chance to win.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:21 AM   #110
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,392
Re: Updated: Hightower Torn ACL/Moss Out 5-7 Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Gotta agree with this. Unfortunatly at Moss injury, Stallworth's ineffectiveness and Gaffney's inconsistency...this is a perfect time to get the young guys in the line up. This actually could be a positive turning point, to get young guys in and give them a chance to grab and hold on into a starting spot. To even consider TO would be a massive, Vinny-like mistake. Lets give the young guys a chance to develop and see if they can spark a bottom-5-in-the-league offense.
I couldn't agree more. :thumb:
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:23 AM   #111
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,699
Re: Updated: Hightower Torn ACL/Moss Out 5-7 Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
Can't agree w/much of your evaluation of Beck's game. His stat line of 1 interception is appropriate, since he got away w/one & then the one he threw was debatable as to whose fault it was. It evens out. F. Davis said a couple last week were his fault, but Rex had a couple that were dropped v. Philly, don't forget that.

Sure Beck didn't make all the reads well, but he made plays moving in & out of the pocket that Rex is almost entirely incapable of. He didn't lose this game & yes, he did have a few big drops by recievers that could've made it a different game.

I saw a QB sunday that was a pretty big upgrade to what we had before. He'll have his bad games, he's not a great qb by any stretch, but he gives us more of a chance to win.
I'm with you.

I thought Beck played well enough to where I'm curious to see what he can do as he gets more comfortable out there. Grossman is a known commodity, and we know what his ceiling is. Beck is still unknown in that regard.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:31 AM   #112
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,492
Re: Updated: Hightower Torn ACL/Moss Out 5-7 Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Gotta agree with this. Unfortunatly at Moss injury, Stallworth's ineffectiveness and Gaffney's inconsistency...this is a perfect time to get the young guys in the line up. This actually could be a positive turning point, to get young guys in and give them a chance to grab and hold on into a starting spot. To even consider TO would be a massive, Vinny-like mistake. Lets give the young guys a chance to develop and see if they can spark a bottom-5-in-the-league offense.
The young guys should've been playing from day one and Stallworth and Gaffney shouldn't have been signed in the first place.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:34 AM   #113
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,492
Re: Updated: Hightower Torn ACL/Moss Out 5-7 Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Stupid is as stupid does.

Look. I'm not saying he's the answer. Just pointing out that our Vet on the WR team is down. Who do we have as a Vet? tell me your not going with Stallworth. Plus he was out injured with a hammie last week. Is he healthy? Is AA healthy after his hammie? Those injuries can last weeks also especially if they are brought back too soon.

Will the team go out and get T.O.? I doubt it. We'll see a heavy dose of Davis and Paulson, a lot of running, and all the young guns on the field. AA, Paul, Austin, Hankerson, and some other old guy who hasn't done much Stallworth.
Why do we need a vet out there? Guys all around the league get drafted and play right away.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:35 AM   #114
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,411
Re: Updated: Hightower Torn ACL/Moss Out 5-7 Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
The young guys should've been playing from day one and Stallworth and Gaffney shouldn't have been signed in the first place.
I agree, Stallworth should be cut and Kareem Moore activated.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:43 AM   #115
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,061
Re: Updated: Hightower Torn ACL/Moss Out 5-7 Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Stupid is as stupid does.

Look. I'm not saying he's the answer. Just pointing out that our Vet on the WR team is down. Who do we have as a Vet? tell me your not going with Stallworth. Plus he was out injured with a hammie last week. Is he healthy? Is AA healthy after his hammie? Those injuries can last weeks also especially if they are brought back too soon.

Will the team go out and get T.O.? I doubt it. We'll see a heavy dose of Davis and Paulson, a lot of running, and all the young guns on the field. AA, Paul, Austin, Hankerson, and some other old guy who hasn't done much Stallworth.
It IS stupid because:
We are in rebuild mode.....
We need to audition our young guys.
We are not going to....seriously challenge this year.
TO is done....
EVEN if he is not.....we are not one player away...
HTTR! I admire your....Chutzpah
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
ďItís all the political correct idiots in America, thatís all it is. Itís got nothing to do with anything else.
-Mike Ditka
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:51 AM   #116
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,492
Re: Updated: Hightower Torn ACL/Moss Out 5-7 Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
It IS stupid because:
We are in rebuild mode.....
We need to audition our young guys.
We are not going to....seriously challenge this year.
TO is done....
EVEN if he is not.....we are not one player away...
HTTR! I admire your....Chutzpah
All accurate points.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:55 AM   #117
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,691
Re: Updated: Hightower Torn ACL/Moss Out 5-7 Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Totally agree with the getting younger. Just pointing out that if they want a WR that should already know the routes (not the terminology though) T.O. might should get a look. Older Vet to support the young guys. Thats what Moss was.

I get this bad feeling I watched the wrong Redskins game last weekend cause I'm totally suprised hearing people thinking Beck did well? He did no better then Grossman and committed the same mistakes. and the best answer to that is .."he did well for not having played in 4 yrs." Come on folks, unless I missed it he has practiced for 4 yrs and he has played in the preseason in the last 4 yrs and played rather well in our preseason games. He was not sitting on the couch at home waiting for a call, I'd definitly feel sorry for him if that was the case and probably feel like others feel that his outing was not too bad.

Lets call it what it is.... fans didn't like Grossman, didn't want Grossman, and found every reason in the book to blame the "teams" performance on him. Every single misque was Grossmans fault. Now that he's out, and the favoured QB (Beck) is in and the performance is exactly the same, fans come up with excuses.
"Oh, he was rusty"
"Oh, he was off balance"
"Oh, it was the WR's fault"
"Oh, the OL caused the fumble for not blocking"
"Oh, the WR's are dropping balls"
"Grossman did bad against bad or injured teams"
etc. etc.


Hello, Beck did just as bad, 1 INT (should have been 2) and 1 fumble. Against probably the worst defense.

Grossman is not the long term answer especially at 31yo. Beck having a similar outing against a bad defense is not the long term answer either at 30yo. So, if you want to start the young guns and see what they got and can do ya might as well throw in Jonathan Crompton at QB who's only 24. Lets see what he's got in order to decide if we definitly have to draft a QB next yr.
I hate getting lumped in with "fans". Fact of the matter is (regardless of my avatar sig) I would support Grossman if he is in, and Beck if he is in. Neither is a top 10 qb, and each gives some positives the other doesn't have. The one difference, is we don't know that Beck can be a starter or backup. Rex is a definitely a quality back up. Since this is the 2nd year in what should be a 3 year plan, as I see it, and next year we will bring in the "true qb", it's more important to me at this point, without entirely giving up on catching lightning in a bottle, that we know who will be the 2nd string qb next year, and if we can count on any of these young receivers to step into a spotlight role.

As for TO and bringing in a vet presence, well Gaffney clearly can be that player, he is a aged vet with apparently good locker room skills, and a good attitude. Moss isn't on IR so he is going to be in the meetings, working with the young WR's, and hopefully encouraging them. Honestly I could see this being a great opportunity for him to step up and be a serious mentor especially to TA (I think) who has said often that he wants to model himself after Santana.

Rex is Rex, Beck is Beck, neither are awesomeness incarnate.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:55 AM   #118
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Updated: Hightower Torn ACL/Moss Out 5-7 Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
Can't agree w/much of your evaluation of Beck's game. His stat line of 1 interception is appropriate, since he got away w/one & then the one he threw was debatable as to whose fault it was. It evens out. F. Davis said a couple last week were his fault, but Rex had a couple that were dropped v. Philly, don't forget that.

Sure Beck didn't make all the reads well, but he made plays moving in & out of the pocket that Rex is almost entirely incapable of. He didn't lose this game & yes, he did have a few big drops by recievers that could've made it a different game.

I saw a QB sunday that was a pretty big upgrade to what we had before. He'll have his bad games, he's not a great qb by any stretch, but he gives us more of a chance to win.
We definitly watched two different games. The only difference I witnessed was Beck's mobility which was not on display for the INT, almost INT, and fumble. He was in the pocket. Just like Grossman was for his mistakes.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:56 AM   #119
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,691
Re: Updated: Hightower Torn ACL/Moss Out 5-7 Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I agree, Stallworth should be cut and Kareem Moore activated.
actually surprised that hasn't happened yet.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:59 AM   #120
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Updated: Hightower Torn ACL/Moss Out 5-7 Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I'm with you.

I thought Beck played well enough to where I'm curious to see what he can do as he gets more comfortable out there. Grossman is a known commodity, and we know what his ceiling is. Beck is still unknown in that regard.
What makes someone a "known commodity"? the fact he's taken a team to a SB? or the fact he throws INT's? Beck is a known commodity also... he's thrown INT's, has not stuck as the starter in his two previous teams, and has not taken anyone to a SB.

Grossman=Bad.
Beck=Just as Bad.

On top of that they both are 30 or 31. Not much difference. Expect more of the same this weekend.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33597 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25