Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Positions Which Need to Be Addressed

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2011, 11:27 PM   #91
Registered User
 
Landry44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 299
Re: Positions Which Need to Be Addressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Well, agree to disagree on Luck then.

As far as Landry Jones vs RG3... RG3 padded his stats early against the Rice's and Stephen F. Austins of the world. He hasn't been great the past 3 weeks with only 5tds and 4ints. Landry Jones has been torching it lately with 10 tds in the past two games against quality opponents like K-State and Texas Tech. I'm no QB expert, I just like Barkley and Jones better as pro-prospects than I do RG3. I never said I didn't like RG3 btw.

Anyway, I'm not a pro scout so it doesn't really matter, and I'm also not really in the mood to get into a RG3 argument for the sake of satisfying your man-crush on him.
I'm not sure if we're going to win another game this year. Based on the way the Miami played the Giants yesterday I'm sure they will pull out some wins. Andrew Luck is not off the table yet.

I know you're not qb expert. You didn't dispute not one thing I've said. If you did try it would be baseless. RG3 is a more accurate passer than Landry Jones. He has way more moblity than Landry Jones. Who can dispute that?
Landry44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-31-2011, 11:54 PM   #92
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: Positions Which Need to Be Addressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Regardless of how we do it (free agency or draft) the roster is weak and needs to be revamped before next year. What are the positions the Skins need to address during the offseason? (I hate talking next season so early, but I think it is a better way to analyze the situation instead of calling for blood). These are my positions of focus, in order of importance:

  1. QB
  2. OL (I guess G and RT first)
  3. CB
  4. ILB
  5. S
  6. WR (I actually think we are pretty good in terms of WR, we just need to give them some more time)
In other words, just about everything we have needed to address for the past 10 years. We have a GM, now we need better or just more of a scouting dept.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:55 PM   #93
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Positions Which Need to Be Addressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landry44 View Post
I'm not sure if we're going to win another game this year. Based on the way the Miami played the Giants yesterday I'm sure they will pull out some wins. Andrew Luck is not off the table yet.

I know you're not qb expert. You didn't dispute not one thing I've said. If you did try it would be baseless. RG3 is a more accurate passer than Landry Jones. He has way more moblity than Landry Jones. Who can dispute that?
And I know you're not either. You throw out absolutisms based on a stat sheet. It's boring. And tiring.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:02 AM   #94
Impact Rookie
 
IrMitchell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 636
Re: Positions Which Need to Be Addressed

The BIGGEST problem is easily the corners. Easily.

Other than that, we need more size in the middle of our line, they seem to get out muscled way too easily.
__________________
One of Canada's two Redskins fans.
IrMitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:09 AM   #95
Impact Rookie
 
DCtoAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Age: 33
Posts: 623
Re: Positions Which Need to Be Addressed

really ? you think we won't win another game ? come on guys .. it's been a rough few weeks no doubt about it .. are we a playoff team, NO .. did injuries play a bigger part than I personally thought pre-buffalo .. YES .. Moss was a big blow to this team along with Cooley ... as far as depth is concerned .. we tried to get depth .. Stallworth (was not a bad signing at the time) .. AA had an amazing season last year, REMEMBER ... Hankerson WE ALL LOVED THAT DRAFT PICK .. Niles Paul will be solid .. Fred Davis is a probowler for the next 5 years ... we had depth we just ran into a buzz saw with all this craziness mixed in with a QB change when we clearly don't have a QB. Blaine Gabbert ? Jake Locker ? Andy Dalton & Cam Newton are bad ass but we didn't have a shot at them ... there were no free agents or trades available except for Kolb, how's that working out ? Shanny/Allen get 5 years plain and simple ... we don't have a choice ... let them do there thing, live with crappy days like Sunday and live with good days that will come .. I still believe we end up 8-8 and end up in the right direction ... all that being said we are 3-4 and tied for 2nd in the NFC East with the division leader facing an absolute brutal schedule. Oh BTW we beat them and get to play Eagles and Cowboys again ... I firmly believe that this team is going to come out strong this week vs SF. Get back to running rock especially with Helu. Hang in there for a few more weeks play .500 ball, hopefully get Moss back for final 5 games and let the chips fall where they may ... Games like the Bills game usually either turn a season around or just dump the entire season into the trash can .. i tend to think that we will turn it around .. Shanny doesn't deserve all the bashing, this roster was a nightmare when they got it and they have been BUILDING a team and it takes time .. 2 years from now we will look back at this season and say wow they went from 6-10 to 8-8, drafted a QB in 2012 loaded with QB's and went 10-6 .... now we are in the Super Bowl .. ahh my vision is money
__________________
"F*CK THE DALLAS JUMBOTRON"
NFC EAST CHAMPS RG3 will be back & #12 can run the show until hes ready.We are young w depth. 23,59,89 will all be back.Alfred Morris aka Diesel Hybrid ! @DCtoAZ81 ...2013 NFC CHAMPS
DCtoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:23 AM   #96
Registered User
 
Landry44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 299
Re: Positions Which Need to Be Addressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
And I know you're not either. You throw out absolutisms based on a stat sheet. It's boring. And tiring.
It's obvious that I know a lot more about qbs than you do. The reason i say that RG3 is more accurate than Landry Jones and Matt Barkley is because of his great touch and ball placement. I'm not suggesting that Jones and Barkley are not accurate passers. They just are not as accurate as RG3. I actually watch college football. I know exactly what I'm talking about.

Here is an example.


Matt Barkley vs ASU


Landry Jones


Last edited by Landry44; 11-01-2011 at 12:42 AM.
Landry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:30 AM   #97
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,368
Re: Positions Which Need to Be Addressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrMitchell View Post
The BIGGEST problem is easily the corners. Easily.

Other than that, we need more size in the middle of our line, they seem to get out muscled way too easily.
QB first, CB second, then the OL. This team needs a Brandon Flowers type CB, someone who can play not pretend to play.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:33 AM   #98
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Positions Which Need to Be Addressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landry44 View Post
It's obvious that I know a lot more about qbs than you do. The reason i say that RG3 is more accurate than Landry Jones and Matt Barkley is because of his great touch and ball placement. I'm not suggesting that Jones and Barkley are not accurate passers. They just are not as accurate as RG3. I actually watch college football. I know exactly what I'm talking about.

Here is an example.

Robert Griffin III vs TCU 2011 - YouTube

Matt Barkley vs ASU

Matt Barkley vs ASU 2011 - YouTube

Landry Jones

Matt Barkley vs ASU 2011 - YouTube

Lol. See my post in the 2012 draft class thread. You talk loud and say nothing.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:45 AM   #99
Registered User
 
Landry44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 299
Re: Positions Which Need to Be Addressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Lol. See my post in the 2012 draft class thread. You talk loud and say nothing.
What exactly are you saying? You haven't made not one valid point. I'm showing what talking about. Is Landry Jones more accurate than RG3? Just say yes or no. Is he more mobile than RG3? Just say yes or no. If you don't disagree with me then what is your argument? If you do, I'll be more than happy to prove you wrong.
Landry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:45 AM   #100
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,368
Re: Positions Which Need to Be Addressed

If you had a choice of a Michael Vick type QB or a Tom Brady, who would you take? Brady of course. How many athletic type QB's have won a SB? I can only think of one, Steve Young. Give me a traditional type: Manning, Rothlisberger, Brady, Rogers.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:47 AM   #101
Registered User
 
Landry44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 299
Re: Positions Which Need to Be Addressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
If you had a choice of a Michael Vick type QB or a Tom Brady, who would you take? Brady of course. How many athletic type QB's have won a SB? I can only think of one, Steve Young. Give me a traditional type: Manning, Rothlisberger, Brady, Rogers.
Do you even watch college football? Because it's obvious you don't if you look at RG3 as a Michael Vick type qb. He's one of the best passers in this draft. Go look at his games instead of his skin color, because that's the only thing he got in common with Vick.
Landry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:52 AM   #102
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,368
Re: Positions Which Need to Be Addressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landry44 View Post
Do you even watch college football? Because it's obvious you don't if you look at RG3 as a Michael Vick type qb. He's one of the best passers in this draft. Go look at his games instead of his skin color, because that's the only thing he got in common with Vick.
Have you seen Barkley play? He plays against Stanford, Oregon, Washington, Cal, etc. All big programs and has proven himself too. Race has nothing to do with this.

2012 NFL Draft Prospect Rankings: QB
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth

Last edited by SFREDSKIN; 11-01-2011 at 01:03 AM.
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:46 AM   #103
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,850
Re: Positions Which Need to Be Addressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrMitchell View Post
The BIGGEST problem is easily the corners. Easily.

Other than that, we need more size in the middle of our line, they seem to get out muscled way too easily.
Really? We have a terrible offense, but this is the biggest problem? I really hope ur being sarcastic.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:55 AM   #104
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,119
Re: Positions Which Need to Be Addressed

With the below average QB play so far this season, the Redskins would have been better off keeping Donovan McNabb, and McNabb would have probably played better in his second year in this offense. So Mike Shanahan deserves a ton a criticism for one, trading for McNabb and giving up a second and fourth rounder, and two, not retaining McNabb because neither Grossman or Beck can fill McNabb's shoes.

So, the priority next offseason is definitely a quarterback. Mike Shanahan also deserves even more criticism because he should have known that John Beck or Rex Grossman were average QB, far below the Tom Brady's, Peyton Mannings, and Matt Schuabs of the world.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:06 AM   #105
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,527
Re: Positions Which Need to Be Addressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
That is nearly correct. The 6th round pick from NE is a 2013 pick. Also, the Skins owe the Cards an unspecified late round pick as part of the trade for Tim Hightower. I assume that we won't have one of either our 7th round or our 6th round pick. That leaves us with 8 picks as things now stand.
.....................f**k you

__________________
6.6710−11 m3 kg−1 s−2

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.66135 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25