Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins Choose Tashard

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011, 12:14 PM   #76
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,611
Re: Redskins Choose Tashard

And...as expected, Thompson is back on the practice squad
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-02-2011, 01:21 PM   #77
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Redskins Choose Tashard

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Our RBs seemed to be solid and deep until TH went down, torain hasn't don't jack since the horrid rams D and Helu never gets carries so....
It's difficult to fairly judge the effectiveness of a RB without first considering the ineffectiveness of his blockers. Until the most important unit of the offense is upgraded, who the runner is won't matter.
__________________
A revolution is coming and it will be televised.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:25 PM   #78
Playmaker
 
sportscurmudgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,159
Re: Redskins Choose Tashard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
3 down lineman are going up against 5 offensive lineman. What kind of push are you expecting?
I might expect the kind of push that the Ravens get with 3 down linemen against 5 offensive linemen...

Or maybe the kind of push that BJ Raji gets up the middle for the Packers against an inside double team on virtually every passing down...

If your justification for the lack of a pass rush from the Skins 3 defensive linemen had broad validity, no one would use a 3-4 defense. And if they ever put a 3-4 defense on the field, the offenses would immediately audible to a passing play.
__________________
The Sports Curmudgeon
www.sportscurmudgeon.com
But don't get me wrong, I love sports...
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:20 AM   #79
Impact Rookie
 
Kindoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 820
Re: Redskins Choose Tashard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon View Post
I might expect the kind of push that the Ravens get with 3 down linemen against 5 offensive linemen...

Or maybe the kind of push that BJ Raji gets up the middle for the Packers against an inside double team on virtually every passing down...

If your justification for the lack of a pass rush from the Skins 3 defensive linemen had broad validity, no one would use a 3-4 defense. And if they ever put a 3-4 defense on the field, the offenses would immediately audible to a passing play.
Teams don't exactly use the 3-4 looking for or expecting the d-line to rush the passer. And the Ravens D/BJ Raji are pretty high hopes. Tough for anyone to play to their level. They do their job (occupying o-lineman) and then some... D-line isn't really our issue right now anyways
__________________
RIP 21
Kindoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:04 PM   #80
Playmaker
 
sportscurmudgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,159
Re: Redskins Choose Tashard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindoy View Post
Teams don't exactly use the 3-4 looking for or expecting the d-line to rush the passer. And the Ravens D/BJ Raji are pretty high hopes. Tough for anyone to play to their level. They do their job (occupying o-lineman) and then some... D-line isn't really our issue right now anyways
I agree totally that D-line is not at or near the top of the pile when it comes to areas of the team that need immediate attention.

But let me be clear; if the starting D-line is Carriker, Colfield and Bowen, there is a limit on how good the defense is going to be. All three are best described as:
"adequate", "average" and/or "competent".
None of the three is best described as:
"great", "special" and/or "game-changing".
__________________
The Sports Curmudgeon
www.sportscurmudgeon.com
But don't get me wrong, I love sports...
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:20 PM   #81
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,443
Re: Redskins Choose Tashard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon View Post
I agree totally that D-line is not at or near the top of the pile when it comes to areas of the team that need immediate attention.

But let me be clear; if the starting D-line is Carriker, Colfield and Bowen, there is a limit on how good the defense is going to be. All three are best described as:
"adequate", "average" and/or "competent".
None of the three is best described as:
"great", "special" and/or "game-changing".
I agree completely. Maybe Jarvis Jenkins or free agency will change the equation. It would be great to have a Ngata- or Hampton-type up front eventually.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:46 PM   #82
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,443
Re: Redskins Choose Tashard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Free agency is for quick fixes or one position fixes not to build a team with and rely on. And besides there are no nosetackles or DE's that are worthy of us signing that are Great, elite, or game changers.
Yeah, you're right. Drew Brees as a free agent was just a quick fix for the Saints, not an essential long-term piece of their team.

Truth is, it all depends on the free agent. Some are quick fixes, some are team foundations.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.

Last edited by Lotus; 11-10-2011 at 12:47 PM.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:50 PM   #83
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,387
Re: Redskins Choose Tashard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Yeah, you're right. Drew Brees as a free agent was just a quick fix for the Saints, not an essential long-term piece of their team.

Truth is, it all depends on the free agent. Some are quick fixes, some are team foundations.
Don't have to go past London Fletcher to see what Lotus says is true.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:12 PM   #84
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,443
Re: Redskins Choose Tashard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Don't have to go past London Fletcher to see what Lotus says is true.
Good example CRed.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:28 PM   #85
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Redskins Choose Tashard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon View Post
I might expect the kind of push that the Ravens get with 3 down linemen against 5 offensive linemen...

Or maybe the kind of push that BJ Raji gets up the middle for the Packers against an inside double team on virtually every passing down...

If your justification for the lack of a pass rush from the Skins 3 defensive linemen had broad validity, no one would use a 3-4 defense. And if they ever put a 3-4 defense on the field, the offenses would immediately audible to a passing play.

On a sidenote I read BJ Raji takes something like 80% of snaps...that's just phenomenal for a DT or NT. The next closest in the league is under 50% I believe. What a pick by the Pack it's really no wonder that team is the best in the leage.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:34 PM   #86
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Redskins Choose Tashard

Was chatting w/ a Boyz fan in my office and he said Choice is the best back on the Dallas roster apart from the injury history. I'm hoping we stick w/ Helu though and Choice can be backup and change of pace here and there.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:52 PM   #87
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,756
Re: Redskins Choose Tashard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindoy View Post
Teams don't exactly use the 3-4 looking for or expecting the d-line to rush the passer. And the Ravens D/BJ Raji are pretty high hopes. Tough for anyone to play to their level. They do their job (occupying o-lineman) and then some... D-line isn't really our issue right now anyways
While 3-4 d-lines are not expected to rush the QB, they are expected to push and collapse the pocket. I think our d-line has been inconsistent in this aspect and I think it has a lot to do with the NT position. As I repeatedly said last season, the FO did not do a good job at getting their NT when they switched to the 3-4. Kemo was not a good option, we all know the AH mess, and this year we went with a guy that would probably work out better as a 3-4 DE.

I really want Cofield to work out as a NT, but he's been inconsistent. I think they should look into giving Neild more snaps. I just want for us to have a solid NT. Many people do not know Kelly Gregg, but up until last year he was the main NT for the Ravens (he is now with AZ, since the Ravens drafted T. Cody to replace him) and he did a very good job at that position.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:57 PM   #88
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Redskins Choose Tashard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
While 3-4 d-lines are not expected to rush the QB, they are expected to push and collapse the pocket. I think our d-line has been inconsistent in this aspect and I think it has a lot to do with the NT position. As I repeatedly said last season, the FO did not do a good job at getting their NT when they switched to the 3-4. Kemo was not a good option, we all know the AH mess, and this year we went with a guy that would probably work out better as a 3-4 DE.

I really want Cofield to work out as a NT, but he's been inconsistent. I think they should look into giving Neild more snaps. I just want for us to have a solid NT. Many people do not know Kelly Gregg, but up until last year he was the main NT for the Ravens (he is now with AZ, since the Ravens drafted T. Cody to replace him) and he did a very good job at that position.
I distinctly remember one playoff game in 2008 where Ngata played nose tacke.
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:11 PM   #89
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Redskins Choose Tashard

I thougth Ngata was there starting NT before Cody?
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:18 PM   #90
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,443
Re: Redskins Choose Tashard

Ruhskins is correct. Although Ngata has from time-to-time played NT for Balt because of injury or just to move him around, for the last few years Gregg held down the position and did a good job. It would be nice to have our NT play at Gregg's level. Maybe Neild, Balmer, or a player to be named later will step up because Cofield would make more plays at DE.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.40759 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25