Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Around the NFL week 9

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2011, 08:39 AM   #76
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,016
Re: Around the NFL week 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I think he played well last nite and did a good job moving in the pocket. I think Cutler did a good job taking advantage of Philly's secondary.

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G.
Martz has done a phenomenal job. He's coached Forte to a top 5 talent at RB. The Oline is playing better too. If Chicago ever got some WR talent and added a stout player at tackle...look out. Cant believe they're effing around with Forte's contract...Jerry Angelo makes some highly questionable moves.
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-08-2011, 09:51 AM   #77
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,093
Re: Around the NFL week 9

^ I think forte is the best back in football
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:53 AM   #78
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,093
Re: Around the NFL week 9

The bears are the prime example of what a QB can do, they have very avg WRs, a horrible OL but with a good QB and RB you can make things happen.. QB people it's the most important part even more than OL IMO
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:58 AM   #79
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,440
Re: Around the NFL week 9

I'm not one to play shoulda coulda woulda, but man, imagine if we had managed to get Cutler a couple of years ago? A Shanahan/Cutler reunion here would have played out very well I believe.

Sigh.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:06 AM   #80
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,016
Re: Around the NFL week 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I'm not one to play shoulda coulda woulda, but man, imagine if we had managed to get Cutler a couple of years ago? A Shanahan/Cutler reunion here would have played out very well I believe.

Sigh.
in this division, mos def competing with the giants for the top spot.

I remember all the hatters here though
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:29 AM   #81
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,750
Re: Around the NFL week 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
The bears are the prime example of what a QB can do, they have very avg WRs, a horrible OL but with a good QB and RB you can make things happen.. QB people it's the most important part even more than OL IMO
As terrible as the Bears o-line is you have to give them some credit for protecting Cutler yesterday, although I was surprised at Cutler's footwork in the pocket. Also, the Bears have a top notch running attack, which can help you in the passing game. Still, don't forget that as soon as you hit Cutler, he gets sulky and doesn't play well.

Right now, whoever doesn't think QB is the most important need is not very smart. However, that is because despite of what has happened, we have a somewhat competent line that can protect a good QB.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG

Last edited by Ruhskins; 11-08-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:55 AM   #82
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,093
Re: Around the NFL week 9

I agree Matty I cried for cutler to come here some hated the idea but I was all for it.. Now we r stuck again like always
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:58 AM   #83
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,093
Re: Around the NFL week 9

No doubt ruhskins if u think we can keep going w avg QBs then you don't know the game very well
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:01 AM   #84
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,750
Re: Around the NFL week 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I agree Matty I cried for cutler to come here some hated the idea but I was all for it.. Now we r stuck again like always
We're stuck because of the crappy last year of Zorn and the bonehead moves by Shanahan in his first year. If we had gotten Cutler, we probably would have gotten two years of sulky/uninterested/b*tchy Cutler because he would have been a punching bag behind the o-line we had during the Zorn years.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:01 PM   #85
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Around the NFL week 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
As terrible as the Bears o-line is you have to give them some credit for protecting Cutler yesterday, although I was surprised at Cutler's footwork in the pocket. Also, the Bears have a top notch running attack, which can help you in the passing game. Still, don't forget that as soon as you hit Cutler, he gets sulky and doesn't play well.

Right now, whoever doesn't think QB is the most important need is not very smart. However, that is because despite of what has happened, we have a somewhat competent line that can protect a good QB.
I guess you did not watch the Monday night games against the Lions were he was hit over and over but kept making plays. He almost beat the Lions with like zero protection from his line.

Last edited by firstdown; 11-08-2011 at 12:03 PM.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:12 PM   #86
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,593
Re: Around the NFL week 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Cutler may be playing the best ball of his career. Guy was lights out last nite and is surrounded by receivers who are bad to average talent wise. Lions gonna have their hands full protecting that 2nd spot in the North.
It's amazing how well a QB can do when he is not either running for his life or laying on his back. Last night was the first time in 30 consecutive games that Cutler was not sacked. And leading up to last night, he was the most sacked QB in the league.

I don't know if that is a tribute to Chicago at making the offensive line better. Or Philly for making their defensive front worse.

Either way, you are spot on. That is the best I have seen Cutler play in a long time.

(Forte laying down a buck thirty five didn't hurt either)
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:20 PM   #87
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,750
Re: Around the NFL week 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I guess you did not watch the Monday night games against the Lions were he was hit over and over but kept making plays. He almost beat the Lions with like zero protection from his line.
But he lost, and the reason the Bears were alive was because of the Lions' mistakes.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:28 PM   #88
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,750
Re: Around the NFL week 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
It's amazing how well a QB can do when he is not either running for his life or laying on his back. Last night was the first time in 30 consecutive games that Cutler was not sacked. And leading up to last night, he was the most sacked QB in the league.

I don't know if that is a tribute to Chicago at making the offensive line better. Or Philly for making their defensive front worse.

Either way, you are spot on. That is the best I have seen Cutler play in a long time.

(Forte laying down a buck thirty five didn't hurt either)
I have to give Cutler credit for moving around well in the pocket, he looked like Big Ben for a couple of times there. With Cutler is all about protection, and he was given decent protection yesterday.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:52 PM   #89
The Starter
 
dgack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The ATX (formerly Balmer)
Posts: 1,125
Re: Around the NFL week 9

Multiple sources on Twitter reporting that the Pats have released Fatal Bert.
__________________
"To bring a Sherm Lewis in to a Jim Zorn and whoever his offensive coordinator is, it's like bringing in another man to help teach you how to make better love to your wife or something." -- Tre Johnson
dgack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:55 PM   #90
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,750
Re: Around the NFL week 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgack View Post
Multiple sources on Twitter reporting that the Pats have released Fatal Bert.
No surprise here, I am surprised they haven't released Ochocinco as well. I'm sure some people will get a boner about this. In reality, this is a reminder of how much of a mistake was to sign this guy, given him a ton of money, and keep him for a season too long.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG

Last edited by Ruhskins; 11-08-2011 at 01:58 PM.
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26769 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25