Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Scud's Studs (Week 9 vs. San Fran)

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2011, 10:01 PM   #16
Registered User
 
kevinjames1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 32
Re: Scud's Studs (Week 9 vs. San Fran)

Gotta see the good. I saw Hankerson have a good game. helu looked good except for the fumble. defense was still solid. You can see improvements every week and thats whats important when you have this many young guys playing. Just missing the most important piece. A good Qb. But I think Shanny gets his Qb in the draft.
kevinjames1973 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-06-2011, 10:19 PM   #17
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,302
Re: Scud's Studs (Week 9 vs. San Fran)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinjames1973 View Post
Gotta see the good. I saw Hankerson have a good game. helu looked good except for the fumble. defense was still solid. You can see improvements every week and thats whats important when you have this many young guys playing. Just missing the most important piece. A good Qb. But I think Shanny gets his Qb in the draft.
Beautiful!! I agree.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:54 PM   #18
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,453
Re: Scud's Studs (Week 9 vs. San Fran)

Cofield has been very underwhelming. There's no doubt about it. I

In fact, I'd add Rak to that list. Not impressed with him at all. Actually, I think he's a tad overrated. Very athletic, he contributes well, but things still aren't clicking for him. He's not consistently dominant and far from a game changer or a ball hawk. Yeah, he's good but not as good as some around here make him out to be.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:03 PM   #19
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,658
Re: Scud's Studs (Week 9 vs. San Fran)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Cofield has been very underwhelming. There's no doubt about it. I

In fact, I'd add Rak to that list. Not impressed with him at all. Actually, I think he's a tad overrated. Very athletic, he contributes well, but things still aren't clicking for him. He's not consistently dominant and far from a game changer or a ball hawk. Yeah, he's good but not as good as some around here make him out to be.
Orakpo has been terrible in coverage at times. Also, he still gets held all the time and he needs to figure out how to deal with that. The refs are not going to call that all the time. Orakpo is still young and can improve.

I think the Cofield situation is more of an issue. One of the biggest failure of this team last year was not getting a capable NT. And this year we once again are rolling the dice with a 4-3 DT. I hope Neild develops into a capable 3-4 NT, otherwise we are going to have the same problems.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:04 PM   #20
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 10,622
Re: Scud's Studs (Week 9 vs. San Fran)

I really like to hear how Mo Hurt graded out on his performance today. From what I saw it was ok. Like to keep him their the rest of the year see how it plays out.

Helu was good, but that fumble was pretty bad. I think he lost the ball a couple times but recovered the other.

Good for Gano.

Im waiting for the that Smackdown thread to open cause I cant believe the continuing bad play from Rocky.
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

— DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:07 PM   #21
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,302
Re: Scud's Studs (Week 9 vs. San Fran)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I really like to hear how Mo Hurt graded out on his performance today. From what I saw it was ok. Like to keep him their the rest of the year see how it plays out.

Helu was good, but that fumble was pretty bad. I think he lost the ball a couple times but recovered the other.

Good for Gano.

Im waiting for the that Smackdown thread to open cause I cant believe the continuing bad play from Rocky.
Redskins’ rookie trio shows progress in loss to 49ers - The Insider - The Washington Post
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:28 AM   #22
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 25
Posts: 11,755
Re: Scud's Studs (Week 9 vs. San Fran)

I'm not gonna lie, even though watching a team lose like this is pretty painful, I do enjoy the post game tweets, they definitely help to cheer me up. Case in point:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Sports Bog
We’re gonna stick with John,” Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan said after Sunday’s loss to the 49ers, and that prompted jokes.

“Fine, but I’m going to stick with not watching,” @TrezMartin wrote.

“And I'm going to keep betting against you,” @MahGill wrote.
Titanic Capt: ‘We’re gonna stick with full speed ahead’ ” @willbhenline wrote.

And so on.


Why John Beck didn’t go deep - DC Sports Bog - The Washington Post

Last edited by mooby; 11-07-2011 at 01:15 AM.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:51 AM   #23
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Scud's Studs (Week 9 vs. San Fran)

Kudos to Gano for giving the fans confidence when we need to kick a FG of 55-60 yards. Move out of the way, Seabass and Elam, Gano is coming to town.
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:13 PM   #24
F the Shannys

 
CrazyCanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,866
Re: Scud's Studs (Week 9 vs. San Fran)

GANO
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:08 PM   #25
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,963
Re: Scud's Studs (Week 9 vs. San Fran)

Young players ftw. When you take the insane addiction this team has to its veteran's out of the equation, it's actually pretty deep at a lot of positions. It's not deep at quarterback or running back, and that makes it hard to win games in the here and now, but the OL played pretty well and the receivers got open, finally. I'm not worried about the 3 dropped passes, we threw the ball a lot more than we typically do (because we didn't go 3 and out quite as much).

Banks and Armstrong continue to frustrate me. I think Banks will find it still in the second half of this year. Armstrong...I don't know. I think he has a future here as a deep threat and special teamer, but that means fourth receiver. Very disappointing.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:27 PM   #26
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: Scud's Studs (Week 9 vs. San Fran)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Young players ftw. When you take the insane addiction this team has to its veteran's out of the equation, it's actually pretty deep at a lot of positions. It's not deep at quarterback or running back, and that makes it hard to win games in the here and now, but the OL played pretty well and the receivers got open, finally. I'm not worried about the 3 dropped passes, we threw the ball a lot more than we typically do (because we didn't go 3 and out quite as much).

Banks and Armstrong continue to frustrate me. I think Banks will find it still in the second half of this year. Armstrong...I don't know. I think he has a future here as a deep threat and special teamer, but that means fourth receiver. Very disappointing.
Well, he was a undrafted guy, and it took him until he was 27 or 28 years old to even stick as a regular 53 man roster player. I wouldn't say being a 4th receiver is all that disappointing.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:43 PM   #27
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,963
Re: Scud's Studs (Week 9 vs. San Fran)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Well, he was a undrafted guy, and it took him until he was 27 or 28 years old to even stick as a regular 53 man roster player. I wouldn't say being a 4th receiver is all that disappointing.
Very true. I think it's disappointing in the context of this season. But it's not terribly shocking that his 2010 season ended up being a mirage.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:04 PM   #28
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,166
Re: Scud's Studs (Week 9 vs. San Fran)

hankerson didn't make me want to punch myself, so he's improved faster than i thought he would.

helu had a 4.1 avg, but only 10 carries? grr.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:54 PM   #29
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,024
Re: Scud's Studs (Week 9 vs. San Fran)

AA was a 1 year wonder
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:29 PM   #30
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,501
Re: Scud's Studs (Week 9 vs. San Fran)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Young players ftw. When you take the insane addiction this team has to its veteran's out of the equation, it's actually pretty deep at a lot of positions. It's not deep at quarterback or running back, and that makes it hard to win games in the here and now, but the OL played pretty well and the receivers got open, finally. I'm not worried about the 3 dropped passes, we threw the ball a lot more than we typically do (because we didn't go 3 and out quite as much).

Banks and Armstrong continue to frustrate me. I think Banks will find it still in the second half of this year. Armstrong...I don't know. I think he has a future here as a deep threat and special teamer, but that means fourth receiver. Very disappointing.
Shanahan was pretty upset with both today. Particularly Banks. If Choice is activated, wouldn't surprise me to see Banks gone. Though with Paul out, it may be more difficult
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29090 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25