Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Patriots Waive Haynesworth

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2011, 11:09 AM   #91
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Patriots Waive Haynesworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Well, unlike Shanahan, BB didn't wait to release him or try to "teach him a lesson." Granted that the Pats really invested close to zero on him (a 5th rounder for the Pats is nothing for a team that constantly has multiple picks in the first couple of rounds).

As I've said before, in the end this isn't much of a victory, since it clearly shows that this guy was an issue and the MS should've gotten rid of him as soon as he started here (and get that 3rd rounder that according to rumors got offered for AH).
I think you've got to be a lot more diplomatic towards MS & Allen; they both were knew & their boss just paid an exorbitant sum for this guy. Easy for us to say he "should've" gotten rid of him, we don't have to tell our boss his $40 mil is gone after 1 year. MS did the right thing by confronting him & saying; 'if you take the bonus $ we expect you to play in our system.'

Given AH's attitude, this was a no-win situation for MS. He tried to get an adequate return on the investment. Now that he's been cut by NE, MS & Allen are vindicated to some degree. Of course, it's not a "victory" for the organization overall, since Vinny signed him in the first place. But in terms of moving on from that terrible signing, it's good for the organization's rep.
freddyg12 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 11-09-2011, 04:16 PM   #92
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Patriots Waive Haynesworth

Fat Al claimed off waivers by Tampa.
12thMan is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 04:17 PM   #93
Impact Rookie
 
Kindoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 839
Re: Patriots Waive Haynesworth

funny warren sapp slams him, then he gets claimed by the bucs

i think my hanes are worth more then haynesworth at this point
__________________
RIP 21
Kindoy is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 04:22 PM   #94
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Patriots Waive Haynesworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindoy View Post
funny warren sapp slams him, then he gets claimed by the bucs

i think my hanes are worth more then haynesworth at this point
They're desperate since Gerald McCoy got IR'd. They're doomed now. I can see it now, Fatal Bert blows a gap assignment and Turner or Stewart takes it to da house. Mwahahaha.

That punk voodoo guy they have at Raymond James deserves some suffering. That stadium is like kryptonite to us.
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 04:48 PM   #95
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,670
Re: Patriots Waive Haynesworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Fat Al claimed off waivers by Tampa.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 04:58 PM   #96
Playmaker
 
CrustyRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RatherbeinDC, TX
Posts: 2,598
Re: Patriots Waive Haynesworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
They're desperate since Gerald McCoy got IR'd. They're doomed now. I can see it now, Fatal Bert blows a gap assignment and Turner or Stewart takes it to da house. Mwahahaha.

That punk voodoo guy they have at Raymond James deserves some suffering. That stadium is like kryptonite to us.
I thought the skins finding the endzone was!!!!!!
__________________
Lafayette, we're here.
CrustyRedskin is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 04:59 PM   #97
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,670
Re: Patriots Waive Haynesworth

It's funny. We came into the season expecting to have revenge games against Haynesworth and McNabb. Now it looks like we won't even get a chance to face McNabb. Ironically the only revenge game we did end up having was a loss against Los and the 9ers.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG

Last edited by Dirtbag59; 11-09-2011 at 05:01 PM.
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 05:05 PM   #98
Playmaker
 
CrustyRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RatherbeinDC, TX
Posts: 2,598
Re: Patriots Waive Haynesworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
It's funny. We came into the season expecting to have revenge games against Haynesworth and McNabb. Now it looks like we won't even get a chance to face McNabb. Ironically the only revenge game we did end up having was a loss against Los and the 9ers.
How did that big REVENGE GAME against the Eagles turn out?????? Oh yeah thats right, came out and played like garbage.
__________________
Lafayette, we're here.
CrustyRedskin is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 05:08 PM   #99
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,670
Re: Patriots Waive Haynesworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
How did that big REVENGE GAME against the Eagles turn out?????? Oh yeah thats right, came out and played like garbage.
Thats a different type of revenge game.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 05:34 PM   #100
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,670
Re: Patriots Waive Haynesworth

JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora
For anyone wondering, the Bucs were the only team to place a claim on Albert Haynesworh.
6 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 05:45 PM   #101
Playmaker
 
CrustyRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RatherbeinDC, TX
Posts: 2,598
Re: Patriots Waive Haynesworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Thats a different type of revenge game.
Ok whats gona happen when play Minn & NE?? Thats right come out and play like garbage!!!!
__________________
Lafayette, we're here.
CrustyRedskin is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 06:08 PM   #102
The Starter
 
warpaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great State of Texas
Posts: 1,006
Re: Patriots Waive Haynesworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
Well, there were some strange silliness among the fanbase about KEEPING HIM ANOTHER YEAR to "punish" him and make him suffer. If anything, I'm absolutely glad those fools were absolutely wrong in their assessment.
You know I was one of those fools that wanted to see fat and ugly rot away on the bench. The reason for my thinking was that i was sick and tired of our way of buying and dying by high named players. Today all I care about is getting us on the right track towards a respectable team not FRANCHISE, but a team.
__________________
"Not only do you get a 1st down, but you get a whole new set of downs" John Madden
warpaint is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 06:48 PM   #103
Playmaker
 
sportscurmudgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,159
Re: Patriots Waive Haynesworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
I think you've got to be a lot more diplomatic towards MS & Allen; they both were knew & their boss just paid an exorbitant sum for this guy. Easy for us to say he "should've" gotten rid of him, we don't have to tell our boss his $40 mil is gone after 1 year. MS did the right thing by confronting him & saying; 'if you take the bonus $ we expect you to play in our system.'

Given AH's attitude, this was a no-win situation for MS. He tried to get an adequate return on the investment. Now that he's been cut by NE, MS & Allen are vindicated to some degree. Of course, it's not a "victory" for the organization overall, since Vinny signed him in the first place. But in terms of moving on from that terrible signing, it's good for the organization's rep.
You have a timeline problem here.

Shanahan and Allen joined the Redskins in Jan 2010. The $21M check was not handed over to Haynesworth until April 2010. They - - actually Shanahan and Haslett - - had about 10 weeks to make a decision on what to do about paying Haynesworth and how they would be playing Haynesworth. They had plenty of time to ditch him and end what turned out to be a giant goat rodeo.

Now, we will NEVER know if they made an independent decision to keep him and mold him into the Shanahan/Haslett system or if the word came down from upstairs that the decision on Albert had already been made. But understand that while they are totally innocent when it comes to the original Haynesworth signing, they have some complicity in what happened last season.
__________________
The Sports Curmudgeon
www.sportscurmudgeon.com
But don't get me wrong, I love sports...
sportscurmudgeon is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 07:08 PM   #104
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,544
Re: Patriots Waive Haynesworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Well, unlike Shanahan, BB didn't wait to release him or try to "teach him a lesson." Granted that the Pats really invested close to zero on him (a 5th rounder for the Pats is nothing for a team that constantly has multiple picks in the first couple of rounds).

As I've said before, in the end this isn't much of a victory, since it clearly shows that this guy was an issue and the MS should've gotten rid of him as soon as he started here (and get that 3rd rounder that according to rumors got offered for AH).
Two totally different situations. The Pats had a hell of a lot less invested in AH. AH took the huge payout from the Redskins so they were not going to reward him after paying that amount of jack. Pretty much a common sense move for the Redskins.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 08:13 PM   #105
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Patriots Waive Haynesworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Two totally different situations. The Pats had a hell of a lot less invested in AH. AH took the huge payout from the Redskins so they were not going to reward him after paying that amount of jack. Pretty much a common sense move for the Redskins.
I do not believe Shanahan cared much about the payout involved as long as it didn't affect the cap. What he saw probably was an extremely talented guy that could pay huge dividends if it worked out. Remember, he's a new guy then and didn't know AH's mind or history that well. He was making a decision that had a degree of uncertainty involved. It's clear he wasn't the only one willing to take a chance on hoping AH pans out.

Ultimately, the loss was more psychological than tangible. A toxic workplace was the ultimate loss for the players on the team. Draft picks are valuable for a rebuilding team, but at the same time, the loss of a 3rd rounder in exchange for a 5th rounder is not the end of the world.
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31748 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25