Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Build the Redskins for 2012

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2011, 11:09 AM   #121
Impact Rookie
 
SOUL-SKINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 876
Re: Build the Redskins for 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
I guess it is referring to this.
Redskins could pursue Peyton Manning | Pro Football Zone

I wonder if Schefter is just doing a favor for Shanahan. If not, he's ****ing nuts. Sure, Peyton is one of the greatest of all time, but he more than likely can't take much more of a pounding on that neck of his. We need a young QB and young talent around him. We can't cough up multiple first rounders for a short-term QB.
Yea... I hear ya..... But if the asking price isn't astronomical ( which it will) I wouldn't mind Manning and drafting Moore in the 2nd and have him study under Peyton for 2 to 3 years. In the first we could draft Justin Blackmon.. I dunno... I kinda agree with you. Let's just draft Barkley or RGIII
__________________
TODD COLLINS WILL ALWAYS HOLD A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEART
SOUL-SKINS is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-15-2011, 11:10 AM   #122
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,109
Re: Build the Redskins for 2012

Here's what he said exactly. At no point does he say the Redskins are going to go after Peyton:

Q: All the Washington Redskins fans are ready for a franchise quarterback. John Beck and Rex Grossman certainly aren't the answer. What can the Redskins do? It seems like they won't have a high-enough pick in the upcoming draft to grab Matt Barkley or Landry Jones.

-- James (Va.)


A: It is the most significant question this franchises faces -- and has faced for a while, James. Without a quarterback, they're not going to advance much further than where they are today, which no one in Washington is happy about. The Redskins went through the offseason and didn't identify a quarterback that they felt would be a short- or long-term upgrade. That clearly must change this offseason. The problem is that there are so few options out there. The top free-agent quarterbacks are expected to be Green Bay's Matt Flynn and Oakland's Jason Campbell. The draft will be loaded with good quarterbacks, but Washington already is out of Andrew Luck range. The top option out there could be Peyton Manning, who could be available in a trade depending on any number of factors. But if the Colts ultimately decided to deal Manning, even he would come with risk (questions about his neck and durability). In the end, this is a quarterback league, and right now Washington doesn't have a championship-caliber one.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:12 AM   #123
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,666
Re: Build the Redskins for 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Here's what he said exactly. At no point does he say the Redskins are going to go after Peyton:

Q: All the Washington Redskins fans are ready for a franchise quarterback. John Beck and Rex Grossman certainly aren't the answer. What can the Redskins do? It seems like they won't have a high-enough pick in the upcoming draft to grab Matt Barkley or Landry Jones.

-- James (Va.)


A: It is the most significant question this franchises faces -- and has faced for a while, James. Without a quarterback, they're not going to advance much further than where they are today, which no one in Washington is happy about. The Redskins went through the offseason and didn't identify a quarterback that they felt would be a short- or long-term upgrade. That clearly must change this offseason. The problem is that there are so few options out there. The top free-agent quarterbacks are expected to be Green Bay's Matt Flynn and Oakland's Jason Campbell. The draft will be loaded with good quarterbacks, but Washington already is out of Andrew Luck range. The top option out there could be Peyton Manning, who could be available in a trade depending on any number of factors. But if the Colts ultimately decided to deal Manning, even he would come with risk (questions about his neck and durability). In the end, this is a quarterback league, and right now Washington doesn't have a championship-caliber one.
Is Matt Flynn restricted? If not he'd be a good caretaker QB.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:16 AM   #124
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,109
Re: Build the Redskins for 2012

Unrestricted I believe
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:28 AM   #125
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,313
Re: Build the Redskins for 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
I guess it is referring to this.
Redskins could pursue Peyton Manning | Pro Football Zone

I wonder if Schefter is just doing a favor for Shanahan. If not, he's ****ing nuts. Sure, Peyton is one of the greatest of all time, but he more than likely can't take much more of a pounding on that neck of his. We need a young QB and young talent around him. We can't cough up multiple first rounders for a short-term QB.
Utter bullshit
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:37 AM   #126
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,666
Re: Build the Redskins for 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
I guess it is referring to this.
Redskins could pursue Peyton Manning | Pro Football Zone

I wonder if Schefter is just doing a favor for Shanahan. If not, he's ****ing nuts. Sure, Peyton is one of the greatest of all time, but he more than likely can't take much more of a pounding on that neck of his. We need a young QB and young talent around him. We can't cough up multiple first rounders for a short-term QB.
I think this is pure speculation.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:39 AM   #127
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,198
Re: Build the Redskins for 2012

Great. Can't wait for an offseason full of rumors and BS speculation.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:45 AM   #128
Impact Rookie
 
SOUL-SKINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 876
Re: Build the Redskins for 2012

[QUOTE=Mattyk;859745]Great. Can't wait for an offseason full of rumors and BS speculation.[/

Why wait til the offseason ????!!!!
__________________
TODD COLLINS WILL ALWAYS HOLD A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEART
SOUL-SKINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:50 AM   #129
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,313
Re: Build the Redskins for 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Great. Can't wait for an offseason full of rumors and BS speculation.
my favorite are the trade scenarios.

"Id trade D Hall or Cooley for a 1st or 2nd"
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:51 AM   #130
Impact Rookie
 
BringBackJoeT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Van Ness, Washington D.C.
Posts: 596
Re: Build the Redskins for 2012

Schefter: "The draft will be loaded with good quarterbacks, but Washington already is out of Andrew Luck range." Meaning what? That there will be lots of good quarterbacks but only one worth taking?

McNabb is certainly no Manning, but you'd have to think that Shanahan might be reluctant to go down this road again. The QB position remains only one of many needs, and filling those needs will be hampered by a trade that will most likely come with a higher asking price than the Eagles imposed with McNabb.
__________________
Super Trouper lights are gonna find me. Shining like the sun. Smiling having fun. Feeling like a number one.
BringBackJoeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:00 PM   #131
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,616
Re: Build the Redskins for 2012

No one can say we're out of "Luck range". There are still seven games left.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:05 PM   #132
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,198
Re: Build the Redskins for 2012

We tried the veteran QB route and failed.

We tried the retread route with Beck and Grossman and failed.

You have to think (hope) that plan C, drafting a rookie, is up next.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:09 PM   #133
Impact Rookie
 
SOUL-SKINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 876
Re: Build the Redskins for 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
We tried the veteran QB route and failed.

We tried the retread route with Beck and Grossman and failed.

You have to think (hope) that plan C, drafting a rookie, is up next.
Can't argue with you there ...... It's time
__________________
TODD COLLINS WILL ALWAYS HOLD A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEART
SOUL-SKINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:15 PM   #134
Impact Rookie
 
skinster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 754
Re: Build the Redskins for 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
We tried the veteran QB route and failed.

We tried the retread route with Beck and Grossman and failed.

You have to think (hope) that plan C, drafting a rookie, is up next.
Although I strongly disagree with your idea of try once and fail, give up on the idea altogether, I strongly agree that I hope drafting a rookie is next (only if the right rookie is there....people don't realize how rare it is to get a quality qb in the draft. There couldn't be more than 15 of them in the league, thats like 1.5 of them drafted every year)
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:17 PM   #135
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,198
Re: Build the Redskins for 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
No one can say we're out of "Luck range". There are still seven games left.
Have you seen Indy's remaining schedule? They have at best 2 winnable games left which I highlighted.

wk 12 Carolina
wk 13 Patriots
wk 14 Ravens
wk 15 Titans
wk 16 Texans
wk 17 Jags

Looks like they're almost a lock for the #1 pick.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28112 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25