Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Report: Trent Williams and Fred Davis Facing Suspension

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2011, 08:51 AM   #46
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,801
Re: Report: Trent Williams and Fred Davis Facing Suspension

Let's remember that these are young men with a lot of time and money on their hands. Not making any excuses for them, they should know better, but I'm not going to kill these guys for doing "recreational" drugs during the off season. Hopefully it won't happen again.
skinsfan69 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 11-14-2011, 08:55 AM   #47
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,002
Re: Report: Trent Williams and Fred Davis Facing Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
So you think its better to not have the no. 1 overall pick and to have the no.4-7 overall pick? Or in other words you'd rather have an unknown at 4-7 than a "sure thing" who has yet to have a negative critic from a scout against him?

We are in NFL Purgatory my friend. What's that saying, once you hit rock bottom, there's nowhere to go but up!

And are they cowards, or are they the realistic ones that are smart enough to realize that this team isn't good and wants whats best for the team down the road instead of more sooner...
Answer: Suck for Luck fans are cowards. Wanting your team to lose, for whatever reason, is cowardly. Period.

From a certain point of view it is rational to beat up and rob weak old ladies. But such an action not only is illegal, it is also cowardly. Suck for Luck is similarly cowardly.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.

Last edited by Lotus; 11-14-2011 at 09:13 AM.
Lotus is offline  
Old 11-14-2011, 09:13 AM   #48
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,876
Re: Report: Trent Williams and Fred Davis Facing Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
it'd be better if he didn't suck, considering we're #2 in the running right now.
I know this is nit picking, because yes I know we are bad, but if the season ended today, we would pick at # 9 per 2012 NFL Draft Pick Pending Transactions

and there are 5 teams with worse records than us, and 6 with the same record. Not quite sure how we are # 2 in the running.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is online now  
Old 11-14-2011, 05:10 PM   #49
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,279
Re: Report: Trent Williams and Fred Davis Facing Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I know this is nit picking, because yes I know we are bad, but if the season ended today, we would pick at # 9 per 2012 NFL Draft Pick Pending Transactions

and there are 5 teams with worse records than us, and 6 with the same record. Not quite sure how we are # 2 in the running.
because we're worse then them and we've still got a lot of games to play. 2 more guys to IR this week.

that's also a week old and the seahawks, dolphins, rams, and jags all won, so we've moved up to #7 already.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!

Last edited by That Guy; 11-14-2011 at 05:15 PM.
That Guy is offline  
Old 11-14-2011, 05:18 PM   #50
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,279
Re: Report: Trent Williams and Fred Davis Facing Suspension

and I haven't checked the schedule yet, but next week we could potentially move into #2 assuming the vikes win tonight and all the 2 win teams win next week... that's probably too far to go in 1 week, but it's cool cause we have 7 :P being #2 really doesn't help us though when you look at it as a 1 player draft.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline  
Old 11-14-2011, 05:20 PM   #51
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,279
Re: Report: Trent Williams and Fred Davis Facing Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Answer: Suck for Luck fans are cowards. Wanting your team to lose, for whatever reason, is cowardly. Period.

From a certain point of view it is rational to beat up and rob weak old ladies. But such an action not only is illegal, it is also cowardly. Suck for Luck is similarly cowardly.
yes, these two things are exactly equal. In every way.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline  
Old 11-14-2011, 06:06 PM   #52
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,002
Re: Report: Trent Williams and Fred Davis Facing Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
yes, these two things are exactly equal. In every way.
I didn't say equal. I said similar.

And I didn't say "in every way." I mentioned one, discreet way.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.

Last edited by Lotus; 11-14-2011 at 06:07 PM.
Lotus is offline  
Old 11-14-2011, 08:17 PM   #53
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,279
Re: Report: Trent Williams and Fred Davis Facing Suspension

bad example.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline  
Old 11-14-2011, 08:23 PM   #54
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,002
Re: Report: Trent Williams and Fred Davis Facing Suspension

The poster above claimed that his statement was not "cowardly," it was instead "rational," as if the two were opposites. The point is that they are not opposites.

Since you disliked my example, let me offer more:
1) It is rational for a soldier in war to ditch his buddies to die so that he can save his own skin. However, such behavior is cowardly.

2) If one wants candy, it is rational to take it from little kids because they are easily overpowered. However, such behavior is cowardly.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Old 11-14-2011, 10:06 PM   #55
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Report: Trent Williams and Fred Davis Facing Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
The poster above claimed that his statement was not "cowardly," it was instead "rational," as if the two were opposites. The point is that they are not opposites.

Since you disliked my example, let me offer more:
1) It is rational for a soldier in war to ditch his buddies to die so that he can save his own skin. However, such behavior is cowardly.

2) If one wants candy, it is rational to take it from little kids because they are easily overpowered. However, such behavior is cowardly.
You're giving extreme real life examples of cowards, but in no way should you ever compare a past time or interest such as rooting for a team, and a solider ditching his soliders in war. And no they aren't similar. The solider is looking out for himself, the suck for luck fans are looking out for their team and fanbase for the future. Do not ever compare that. You are giving awful examples, thus should stop talking on this subject.
CultBrennan59 is offline  
Old 11-14-2011, 10:27 PM   #56
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,002
Re: Report: Trent Williams and Fred Davis Facing Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
You're giving extreme real life examples of cowards, but in no way should you ever compare a past time or interest such as rooting for a team, and a solider ditching his soliders in war. And no they aren't similar. The solider is looking out for himself, the suck for luck fans are looking out for their team and fanbase for the future. Do not ever compare that. You are giving awful examples, thus should stop talking on this subject.
No. You completely missed the point. Whether "Suck for Luck" is really rational is open to debate. What is certain is that, rational or not, "Suck for Luck" is cowardly because it means rooting for your team to lose. What you call "rational" Suck for Luck is cowardly no matter how you slice it.

You are not looking out for your team. You are rooting for the Redskins to lose just like any Cowboy fan does. That is patently cowardly.

Of course you are the same person who called racism "rational." So much for your version of "rational": your version of "rational" is both racist and cowardly.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.

Last edited by Lotus; 11-14-2011 at 10:30 PM.
Lotus is offline  
Old 11-14-2011, 11:35 PM   #57
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Report: Trent Williams and Fred Davis Facing Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
No. You completely missed the point. Whether "Suck for Luck" is really rational is open to debate. What is certain is that, rational or not, "Suck for Luck" is cowardly because it means rooting for your team to lose. What you call "rational" Suck for Luck is cowardly no matter how you slice it.

You are not looking out for your team. You are rooting for the Redskins to lose just like any Cowboy fan does. That is patently cowardly.

Of course you are the same person who called racism "rational." So much for your version of "rational": your version of "rational" is both racist and cowardly.
Year 1 = Suck, Year 2= develop and build around luck, Years 3-12= become good, consistent team. Thats what Luck fans want. That's 1 maybe 2 bad years, and several years of good consistency.

Where as Skin fans against Sucking for Luck get a decent year, bad year, bad year, decent year, ...for the next 15 years and stay in the same place of mediocrity or laughing stalk of the NFL depending on the year.

(You can argue that you shouldn't put assumptions into Luck being good, that he could be a bust, but the reality is that A) He's better than any other QB we've had in the past 20 years. B) He has yet to have a negative scout against him. C) He's a more sure thing than other QB's that have come out in years past. D) If he is a bust, then he fooled everyone, because like I said no scout see's him being a bust.)

I don't know about you but I'd go the suck now, be good later route, than the try now and still suck year after year route. Just watch other teams, they have an awful year, and they build around that huge 1st overall pick, the teams that pick in the mid-first half of the draft usually stay there.


Again, I've always been told not to argue with an idiot because they make you look like the idiot in the end.
CultBrennan59 is offline  
Old 11-14-2011, 11:51 PM   #58
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,002
Re: Report: Trent Williams and Fred Davis Facing Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Year 1 = Suck, Year 2= develop and build around luck, Years 3-12= become good, consistent team. Thats what Luck fans want. That's 1 maybe 2 bad years, and several years of good consistency.

Where as Skin fans against Sucking for Luck get a decent year, bad year, bad year, decent year, ...for the next 15 years and stay in the same place of mediocrity or laughing stalk of the NFL depending on the year.

(You can argue that you shouldn't put assumptions into Luck being good, that he could be a bust, but the reality is that A) He's better than any other QB we've had in the past 20 years. B) He has yet to have a negative scout against him. C) He's a more sure thing than other QB's that have come out in years past. D) If he is a bust, then he fooled everyone, because like I said no scout see's him being a bust.)

I don't know about you but I'd go the suck now, be good later route, than the try now and still suck year after year route. Just watch other teams, they have an awful year, and they build around that huge 1st overall pick, the teams that pick in the mid-first half of the draft usually stay there.


Again, I've always been told not to argue with an idiot because they make you look like the idiot in the end.
I get the so-called "logic" of the "Suck for Luck" argument. I got it a long time ago. Everyone gets the argument. Given that it is posed at a fourth-grade level, it is not hard to understand.

Let's put aside the fact that this "logic" is chock full of unverifiable assumptions which pass as "logic."

The indisputable ground floor is that it requires rooting against the Skins. The fact that you are willing to leave this year's team for dead by actively rooting against them makes your argument cowardly.

Given that you root against the Skins just like a Cowboys fan does, I suggest you hang out on a Cowboys board where you can mingle with like-minded individuals.

Finally, I don't have to make you look like an idiot. You once again are doing a great job of that all by yourself.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Old 11-15-2011, 12:00 AM   #59
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
How about we keep this thread in topic? We have other threads to discuss Luck? Including a thread just for him
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 11-15-2011, 12:04 AM   #60
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Report: Trent Williams and Fred Davis Facing Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
I get the so-called "logic" of the "Suck for Luck" argument. I got it a long time ago. Everyone gets the argument. Given that it is posed at a fourth-grade level, it is not hard to understand.

Let's put aside the fact that this "logic" is chock full of unverifiable assumptions which pass as "logic."

The indisputable ground floor is that it requires rooting against the Skins. The fact that you are willing to leave this year's team for dead by actively rooting against them makes your argument cowardly.

Given that you root against the Skins just like a Cowboys fan does, I suggest you hang out on a Cowboys board where you can mingle with like-minded individuals.

Finally, I don't have to make you look like an idiot. You once again are doing a great job of that all by yourself.
I'd rather root for my team to lose one year, and root for them to win the rest of my life, than root for an inconsistent, broken, gives you hope but fails franchise year after year after year.

Also on the whole cowboys thing why would I go from one dysfunctional franchise to another..
CultBrennan59 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33247 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25