Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Around the NFL Week 11

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2011, 09:13 AM   #76
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,672
Re: Around the NFL Week 11

I don't know where Denver goes with the Tebow thing after this year, long term you can't build a team around a college offense, but for now it's working. Give them credit for using what they've got to win games.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-18-2011, 09:13 AM   #77
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,616
Re: Around the NFL Week 11

Little from column A little from column B.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:14 AM   #78
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,369
Re: Around the NFL Week 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Knowingly or unknowingly, John Fox has adjusted his entire scheme to fit Tim Tebow. This has led to a situation where the offense plays good enough to win games given the resurgence of their defense and special teams. So far this situation has worked as the team is 4-1 under Tebow.

A lot of people here probably wish something like this would happen to our team. Using Joe Gibbs' favorite line during his second stint, Denver played their guts out. And while they may not make the playoff, is pretty refreshing to see them play like that.

People may be overreacting to Tebow. As I said earlier, if he doesn't learn to pass accurately he's going to be a gimmick QB and will not win many games that way. But right now he's doing enough to get Denver some Ws, and that's a hell of a lot better than what our team is doing.
Last night the defense won that. Don't ya think? Denver probably didn't have 200 yards of offense. Not going to keep winning games with that type of production. But that last drive was awesome.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:15 AM   #79
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,240
Re: Around the NFL Week 11

Tim Tebow isnt good, he just wins because every one he plays sucks?
Keep telling yourself that..........
He's got more talent in his jock strap than Grossman and Beck Combined.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:20 AM   #80
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,758
Re: Around the NFL Week 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I don't know where Denver goes with the Tebow thing after this year, long term you can't build a team around a college offense, but for now it's working. Give them credit for using what they've got to win games.
Tebow would be an excellent H-back. As good as his final drive was last night, it just shows that he is not going to be a bonafide NFL QB if he can't pass with some accuracy.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:25 AM   #81
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,672
Re: Around the NFL Week 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Tebow would be an excellent H-back. As good as his final drive was last night, it just shows that he is not going to be a bonafide NFL QB if he can't pass with some accuracy.
Yeah he needs a ton of work with his fundamentals, not sure if he can ever be a decent enough pocket passer. He just doesn't seem natural or fluid at all in the pocket.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:28 AM   #82
Impact Rookie
 
Jontrem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 608
Re: Around the NFL Week 11

I personally love Tebow. I am not a Gators fan (I bleed Blue and Gold when my Burgundy runs out!) and I am not a very religious person. I like him because everything I hear about him makes him seem like a young kid who has made good life decisions and worked his tail off for everything he has in his life. The year of the Quarterback special with him was awesome to watch and really made me want to route for him.

Having said that I dont think he can be a long term answer at QB. H-back maybe. However he has the size 6'3 245, the speed and certainly the intensity to get on the field somewhere right?

I know this is stupid to even say but I would love to see what would happen if someone moves him move to the defensive side of the ball and play some ILB. He could be the "quarterback" of the defense.
Jontrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:34 AM   #83
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,446
Re: Around the NFL Week 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Knowingly or unknowingly, John Fox has adjusted his entire scheme to fit Tim Tebow. This has led to a situation where the offense plays good enough to win games given the resurgence of their defense and special teams. So far this situation has worked as the team is 4-1 under Tebow.

A lot of people here probably wish something like this would happen to our team. Using Joe Gibbs' favorite line during his second stint, Denver played their guts out. And while they may not make the playoff, is pretty refreshing to see them play like that.

People may be overreacting to Tebow. As I said earlier, if he doesn't learn to pass accurately he's going to be a gimmick QB and will not win many games that way. But right now he's doing enough to get Denver some Ws, and that's a hell of a lot better than what our team is doing.
I agree with this.

Denver keeps winning with Tim Frickin' T-Bone yet we can't squeeze a win from Rex or Beck for weeks. There's something going on there beyond just the QB position. It's not as simple as T-Bone is much better than our guys; there's a coaching difference.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:23 AM   #84
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,469
Re: Around the NFL Week 11

I was thinking about the IT factor last night while watching the game, noting how Tebow's receivers seemed to be going all out to make catches on his horrible passes. The defense seemed to be playing with a lot of motivation... so here's the theory I came up with after a bottle of red:

What if the fact that they know he has a low ceiling as a traditional QB, means the players around him know the only way they win is if they are going all out on every play, because they as a team have zero margin for error. Unlike with a good qb, there is no room for complacency. Tebow's intangibles as a leader drive this motivation, which explains why you don't see similar motivation out of teams with say... John Beck/The Big Sexy at QB. The only thing I can think of similarly is how Favre's receivers used to go all out for him in big games... and yes, Favre used to be a great qb, but he was firmly in decline when he had some of his most memorable games (like the one after his dad died). I think the mystique of some players drives their teammates to work harder than others.
__________________
"All natural institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Thomas Paine

Last edited by BleedBurgundy; 11-18-2011 at 10:25 AM.
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:43 AM   #85
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: Around the NFL Week 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
I was thinking about the IT factor last night while watching the game, noting how Tebow's receivers seemed to be going all out to make catches on his horrible passes. The defense seemed to be playing with a lot of motivation... so here's the theory I came up with after a bottle of red:

What if the fact that they know he has a low ceiling as a traditional QB, means the players around him know the only way they win is if they are going all out on every play, because they as a team have zero margin for error. Unlike with a good qb, there is no room for complacency. Tebow's intangibles as a leader drive this motivation, which explains why you don't see similar motivation out of teams with say... John Beck/The Big Sexy at QB. The only thing I can think of similarly is how Favre's receivers used to go all out for him in big games... and yes, Favre used to be a great qb, but he was firmly in decline when he had some of his most memorable games (like the one after his dad died). I think the mystique of some players drives their teammates to work harder than others.
I agree with this. Sure Tebow's game fit the college game better, but there's a reason he won two national titles. His "it" factor or mystique or whatever you want to call it is through the roof.

But ultimately I agree with Matty- I don't know how long this experiment can last, and it will be really interesting to see how it plays out in Denver. They're going to ride this train until the wheels come off.

A side note here- Yes the Broncos offense played like crap for pretty much the entire game last night, and you can blame that on Tebow. But who is he surrounded by? Lance Ball? Donte Rosario? Eric Decker? Not exactly dynamic playmakers.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:06 PM   #86
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Around the NFL Week 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I agree with this. Sure Tebow's game fit the college game better, but there's a reason he won two national titles. His "it" factor or mystique or whatever you want to call it is through the roof.

But ultimately I agree with Matty- I don't know how long this experiment can last, and it will be really interesting to see how it plays out in Denver. They're going to ride this train until the wheels come off.

A side note here- Yes the Broncos offense played like crap for pretty much the entire game last night, and you can blame that on Tebow. But who is he surrounded by? Lance Ball? Donte Rosario? Eric Decker? Not exactly dynamic playmakers.
IMO, Tebow's accuracy cost them at least one big play(the one where Decker beat two Jets defenders. If Tebow improves his accuracy, the Denver offense will take off. I actually really like what I see in Tebow's game as a passer, except for the accuracy.
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:13 PM   #87
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Around the NFL Week 11

You all know already how I feel about the notion that Tebow has a mythical quality that Kyle Orton doesn't to make his team play better. It's not that it's unreasonable to hypothesize such a thing, but it's not a good idea to start believing it. In three weeks, the Denver defense may not be playing so well, and if you have to keep explaining its performance in terms of Tebow, things will just get very confusing.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:16 PM   #88
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Around the NFL Week 11

Tebow is mechanically inconsistent right now in part, I believe, because Josh McDaniels screwed around with his throwing motion at the onset of last year and now that Tebow isn't getting the same coaching it has ensured his regression as a pocket passer. But the lesson I suppose is if coaching made him a decent thrower last year, then coaching can make him a decent thrower again.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:42 PM   #89
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,121
Re: Around the NFL Week 11

Tebow is fun to watch. But eventually your gonna have to throw the ball downfield to convert in this league.

The missed incut to the TE, i believe second quarter, was just unacceptable. NFL QB has to make that throw in their sleep. Stuff like that had me changing the channel. Logan Thomas on Va Tech last night was much more interesting the to watch. He had a similar throw to his TE for a td, more of an out.
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:47 PM   #90
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,462
Re: Around the NFL Week 11

The thing I don't get though is how does that Denver defense and Von Miller barely get mentioned? I mean keep in mind they're winning low scoring games where both teams score under 20 points.
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30810 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25