Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Cowboys at Redskins)

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2011, 04:47 PM   #151
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 4,952
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Cowboys at Redskins)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I think you made some good points, although I think EVERYONE f*cked up in that Witten TD. And you are giving Hall a lot of credit, there was no way in hell he or any DB stops Witten.

My only issue with the Hall criticism is that:

a.) People act like he is the only thing wrong with the team (a.k.a. the Jason Campbell effect)

b.) A lot of the people that complain about him, do so because they don't "like" him (which is pretty childish if you ask me)

As I've said before, any issue with the defense is minor compared to the leaps and bounds that this team has to do on to fix the offense. Even yesterday when the offense played well, they still were very inept during the first quarter and failed miserably at putting the team in a better position to kick the field goal in OT.
I've gone from the Hall camp to being very anti-Hall.. His technique is AWFUL. How many times have we seen him spun around completely by a single move? Philly game, Miami game, Dallas game off the top of my head he was turned around on a simple out move. On the Bryant TD, he jumped a route on a poorly run route and no pump fake, getting himself out of position to make a play on the ball and made for an easy TD pass.

He's got some serious technique issues he needs to correct in a hurry. No he's not to blame for all of our woes but for a playmaker, a captain and one who is our 'best' CB, he is failing miserably in 2011.
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-21-2011, 05:06 PM   #152
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,401
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Cowboys at Redskins)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
I've gone from the Hall camp to being very anti-Hall.. His technique is AWFUL. How many times have we seen him spun around completely by a single move? Philly game, Miami game, Dallas game off the top of my head he was turned around on a simple out move. On the Bryant TD, he jumped a route on a poorly run route and no pump fake, getting himself out of position to make a play on the ball and made for an easy TD pass.

He's got some serious technique issues he needs to correct in a hurry. No he's not to blame for all of our woes but for a playmaker, a captain and one who is our 'best' CB, he is failing miserably in 2011.
I've never been in the Hall camp. I've always seen him as a CB with a lot of flaws, a high-risk/high-reward, although he hasn't even been that this year.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:06 PM   #153
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Cowboys at Redskins)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
**** you and your logic pal!! LET US HATTERS HAT!!
So-called "stats"--they are better described as data logs--are hardly comprehensive. Hence, using them to prove absolutes rather than as a mere guide is rather...naive unless you don't have any other evidence to go by. So keep on hatting!!!!
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:22 PM   #154
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Cowboys at Redskins)

You Tube
">
You Tube
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

So, my memory has been triggered and I realized that the Texans won because our choking kicker kicked a beauty WIDE RIGHT last year and cost us 7-9 record (and a sexy trade down in the draft). Same spot. Same situation. Only thing different is that Gano wasn't iced by those 'Boys.

**** Gano. Two wins down the ****ing toilet because of him(yes, I know about the draft position, yes, I'm happy with Kerrigan. But I can't help myself). And if and when our team does get better and we're duking out a tough battle in which the score is just as close, do you really want to trot the punk loser out there? He's got a very generous extended audition to be a franchise kicker, and he's proven only that he's a Suisham with a bigger leg. The only thing he's helped us with is getting a potential franchise pass rusher and a potential franchise QB.
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.

Last edited by SirClintonPortis; 11-21-2011 at 05:24 PM.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:31 PM   #155
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,963
Thank goodness you're not serious SCP
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:36 PM   #156
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Cowboys at Redskins)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Thank goodness you're not serious SCP
Ummm, I'm not quite sure what exactly I'm not serious about?
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:43 PM   #157
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,804
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Cowboys at Redskins)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I think you made some good points, although I think EVERYONE f*cked up in that Witten TD. And you are giving Hall a lot of credit, there was no way in hell he or any DB stops Witten.

My only issue with the Hall criticism is that:

a.) People act like he is the only thing wrong with the team (a.k.a. the Jason Campbell effect)

b.) A lot of the people that complain about him, do so because they don't "like" him (which is pretty childish if you ask me)

As I've said before, any issue with the defense is minor compared to the leaps and bounds that this team has to do on to fix the offense. Even yesterday when the offense played well, they still were very inept during the first quarter and failed miserably at putting the team in a better position to kick the field goal in OT.
And why don't people like him? Cause he can't stop running his damn mouth. He's always talking smack to other players, to coaches to whom ever will listen to his sorry ass. The reality is he just needs to STFU cause his game can't back up his mouth. That's why fans don't like him. Nothing chilldish about that.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:44 PM   #158
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,963
Oh I see. So I guess you forgot about Gano's 3 GW field goals in OT last year. At least two of which were just under 50 yards long.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:45 PM   #159
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,804
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Cowboys at Redskins)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I just think we're focusing on the wrong things if we're picking apart Rak's game. We've got bigger problems that need to be addressed.
If he's going to be a top pass rusher then he's gotta do it in the big games. If he can sack Romo once or twice then maybe the games's over.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:47 PM   #160
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,804
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Cowboys at Redskins)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Or maybe if we could just score more TDs rather than having to rely on a 52 yarder to win...
True.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:49 PM   #161
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,804
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Cowboys at Redskins)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Makes no sense to just cut Hall. As frustrating as he is, he is our best CB. So if anything, you see if you can trade him for anything but to just outright cut him makes no sense
Honestly, I don't think he's any better at covering then Brian Westbrook. He just has a bigger contract.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:54 PM   #162
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,804
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Cowboys at Redskins)

I've also got some smack for Tashard Choice. He has an 8 yard run and gets up and starts yelling at the Dallas sideline like he just broke Walter Payton's record. What an idiot. It's one 8 yard run you stupid fool. Go back to the huddle and be lucky that anyone picked up your sorry ass. So tired of that crap. Shanahan handles RB's like John Gruden handles QB's. He falls in love with a different guy every other week. I hope we cut his ass. Shoudn't be picking up Cowboy rejects anyway. This crap would never have happened in the old days.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:05 PM   #163
Special Teams
 
Glasgow Celtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norfolk England
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I've also got some smack for Tashard Choice. He has an 8 yard run and gets up and starts yelling at the Dallas sideline like he just broke Walter Payton's record. What an idiot. It's one 8 yard run you stupid fool. Go back to the huddle and be lucky that anyone picked up your sorry ass. So tired of that crap. Shanahan handles RB's like John Gruden handles QB's. He falls in love with a different guy every other week. I hope we cut his ass. Shoudn't be picking up Cowboy rejects anyway. This crap would never have happened in the old days.
Agree 100%
We should never rehome their castoffs
Glasgow Celtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:06 PM   #164
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Cowboys at Redskins)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Oh I see. So I guess you forgot about Gano's 3 GW field goals in OT last year. At least two of which were just under 50 yards long.
SmootSmack has owned me yet again. Indeed I forgot.

Even so, his glorious moments are still tempered by his gaffes, such as that kick in Houston and his missed XP.
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:10 PM   #165
Special Teams
 
Glasgow Celtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norfolk England
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
Brian Orakpo. When he wasn't being outright stuffed by Doug Free, he was allowing Tony Romo to scramble to the left, and then we get burned by sandlot football with Romo and friends.

Gano - **** you. My Suisham sense is tingling. Cut his ass. Cut him now. Choking against the Dallas Cowboys is a crime. A ****ING CRIME. Real Redskins do not choke against the Dallas Cowboys.
Again agree REAL Redskins dont choke against the huns
Glasgow Celtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28950 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25