Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Cowboys at Redskins)

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2011, 02:50 PM   #211
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: close to the edge
Posts: 3,572
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Cowboys at Redskins)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I doubt it would have made a difference because it was a total breakdown in coverage. Maybe Landry could have stopped him, since he's bigger than our CBs...but Witten caught that ball in stride and just took off.
yeah thats what im thinking to. Witten would have still made the catch but i dont think he runs for his longest TD ever if landry is on the field . . unless landry was in the box near the LOS . .
__________________
If anyone has tickets they cannot sell or use, please send me a PM if you would be willing to give them to me. Thank you.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-22-2011, 08:42 PM   #212
Start RG

 
CrazyCanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,904
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Cowboys at Redskins)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUL-SKINS View Post
Where are all of the Gano supporters????
Right here!!

I think all the Gano bashers have gone a little loco. Let's see... he missed a 49-yrdr and a 52-yrdr... WHO CARES?? HE DID US A FAVOR. Why don't we wait 'til he blows a meaningful game before we run him outta town.

He kicks the ball thru the end zone every time and has proven he can hit FGs up to 60 yards. In exchange he's likely to miss 1 FG per game. I'll take it.

In past years we wouldn't even attempt a 52-yarder and if we did the kick would land on the 2 yard line.

Stay the course. Stay with...

GANO
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:43 PM   #213
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,206
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Cowboys at Redskins)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck View Post
Right here!!

I think all the Gano bashers have gone a little loco. Let's see... he missed a 49-yrdr and a 52-yrdr... WHO CARES?? HE DID US A FAVOR. Why don't we wait 'til he blows a meaningful game before we run him outta town.

He kicks the ball thru the end zone every time and has proven he can hit FGs up to 60 yards. In exchange he's likely to miss 1 FG per game. I'll take it.

In past years we wouldn't even attempt a 52-yarder and if we did the kick would land on the 2 yard line.

Stay the course. Stay with...

GANO

He's currently ranked #31 out of 34 kickers. What's your response to that? Sounds pretty shitty to me. Not saying we should cut or get rid of him at this particular time.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:10 PM   #214
Start RG

 
CrazyCanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,904
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Cowboys at Redskins)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
He's currently ranked #31 out of 34 kickers. What's your response to that? Sounds pretty shitty to me. Not saying we should cut or get rid of him at this particular time.
I think his accuracy numbers count the 3 blocks so if you take those out his pct is more respectable. Also the stats can be deceiving. Mike Nugent is 3rd in pct at 18/19, but he's 0-0 from 50+. So he probably has no range outside of 50. Dan Bailey leads in pct but he's only 1-1 from 50+. And he's missed from under 30 yards, something Gano hasn't done.

I agree GG has to improve his accuracy but let's give him some time. Much easier for a distance kicker to improve his accuracy than the other way around.
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:44 PM   #215
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,465
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Cowboys at Redskins)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck View Post
Right here!!

I think all the Gano bashers have gone a little loco. Let's see... he missed a 49-yrdr and a 52-yrdr... WHO CARES?? HE DID US A FAVOR. Why don't we wait 'til he blows a meaningful game before we run him outta town.

He kicks the ball thru the end zone every time and has proven he can hit FGs up to 60 yards. In exchange he's likely to miss 1 FG per game. I'll take it.

In past years we wouldn't even attempt a 52-yarder and if we did the kick would land on the 2 yard line.

Stay the course. Stay with...

GANO
Ahhh.......the voice of reason...
That has no place here!
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:42 PM   #216
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Cowboys at Redskins)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck View Post
I think his accuracy numbers count the 3 blocks so if you take those out his pct is more respectable. Also the stats can be deceiving. Mike Nugent is 3rd in pct at 18/19, but he's 0-0 from 50+. So he probably has no range outside of 50. Dan Bailey leads in pct but he's only 1-1 from 50+. And he's missed from under 30 yards, something Gano hasn't done.

I agree GG has to improve his accuracy but let's give him some time. Much easier for a distance kicker to improve his accuracy than the other way around.
I can give him the rest of the season...and that's it. No improvement, it's time to start looking at other options. Even Dallas brought in Bailey after being similarly generous to Buehler. Waiting 3 seasons for a kicker is one season too many.
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:58 PM   #217
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,348
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Cowboys at Redskins)

Gano is a Horrible kicker and has been, You could never ever trust him in a clutch situation again..

Yeah he has a 59 yard kick which is amazing but it wasn't during a tied game we were down by what ? 10-13?
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:01 PM   #218
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,108
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Cowboys at Redskins)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Gano is a Horrible kicker and has been, You could never ever trust him in a clutch situation again..
Whoa that's a little harsh. One missed OT 52 yard field goal and now we're talking about never trusting him to make a clutch kick again? He's made game winners in the past too.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:17 PM   #219
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Cowboys at Redskins)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Gano is a Horrible kicker and has been, You could never ever trust him in a clutch situation again..

Yeah he has a 59 yard kick which is amazing but it wasn't during a tied game we were down by what ? 10-13?
As awesome as modern day field goal kickers are, you can't feel too confident in any one kicker in a 50+ yard kick to win the game. Gano is probably one of the better ones in that situation, but some coaches won't even dare attempt that because of the downside.

If you take that chance, you have to be prepared to miss it. There's no kicker in the league you can get that would change that disappointment if you miss. Not Akers, not Janikowski, none of them.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:35 PM   #220
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,594
The game is on NFL Replay now on NFLN.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:08 AM   #221
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,348
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Cowboys at Redskins)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
The game is on NFL Replay now on NFLN.

No thanks
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:10 AM   #222
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,348
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Cowboys at Redskins)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Whoa that's a little harsh. One missed OT 52 yard field goal and now we're talking about never trusting him to make a clutch kick again? He's made game winners in the past too.
Just very irritating man
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:24 PM   #223
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,465
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Cowboys at Redskins)

5 Is it better if they keep losing?

Um, no. Yes, it would improve their draft position in April, but it would do little for the belief among the players that this is a program headed in the right direction. It's important for players to believe in what you're doing. Besides, it's impossible to predict where any of these quarterbacks will be drafted in April, save for Andrew Luck. A 12-game losing streak to end the season would suggest larger issues that a QB picked in the top five won't solve anytime soon.

jkeim@washingtonexamin
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:38 PM   #224
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,440
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Cowboys at Redskins)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
5 Is it better if they keep losing?

Um, no. Yes, it would improve their draft position in April, but it would do little for the belief among the players that this is a program headed in the right direction. It's important for players to believe in what you're doing. Besides, it's impossible to predict where any of these quarterbacks will be drafted in April, save for Andrew Luck. A 12-game losing streak to end the season would suggest larger issues that a QB picked in the top five won't solve anytime soon.

jkeim@washingtonexamin
Yeah I agree to a point, a 12 game slide definitely isn't good for the franchise's psyche. But either way, QB has got to be a top priority no matter how the last 6 games go down.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:10 PM   #225
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,465
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Cowboys at Redskins)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Yeah I agree to a point, a 12 game slide definitely isn't good for the franchise's psyche. But either way, QB has got to be a top priority no matter how the last 6 games go down.
^^^^^^^^^
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.44413 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25