Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


I am a horrible, rotten excuse for a Redskins fan.

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2011, 09:35 PM   #91
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
No defense is built to play with the lead. Defenses are built to prevent the other team from scoring.
The colts built a defense lean on bulk and heavy on speed. Why? Because they expected other teams to be passing a lot. Why? Because the other teams knew the colts could score in a flash. I remember the miami-indy game where miami held the ball for 44+ minutes and still lost because indy/peyton scored every time they touched the ball. A defense with that type of offense needs to stop big plays. OF COURSE defenses are built in conjunction with what type of offense a team has, the colts simply were the extreme of that.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-29-2011, 10:21 PM   #92
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,848
Re: I am a horrible, rotten excuse for a Redskins fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
I get your point, but to say they didn't plan well is a bit harsh. How many 10+ win seasons did they get in a row till this year?

I'd say they did plan well; they built an O that was nearly unstoppable & they got playmakers on D suited to play w/a lead, e.g. Freeney & Mathis. When Bob Sanders was playing well that D was good. If you mean they didn't get a good backup qb, that's true, but it's also hard to keep 2 good qbs due to free agency & cap.

I wouldn't put this decline so much on Peyton, that team's stars are getting old. So if you mean recently they haven't drafted or developed much youth I guess that could be called poor planning. More likely just poor drafting.
Still, in the last 30 years who many Peyton's have their been? The point, I believe, is that the "Colt Method" works only if you have a once in a generation type QB. It's the sort of team you can't really plan for b/c you don't know you have that type of QB until you actually have him. Even with Manning, people predicted he would be a really good QB - but I think you would be hard pressed to say the consensus was that he was going to be a 10 year All-Pro.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:32 PM   #93
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,030
Re: I am a horrible, rotten excuse for a Redskins fan.

Wow, how bad is it that our two best offensive players have been suspended. Really bad. Does this mean that they are pot heads together. Could that mean that we dont sign Davis, because we want to seperate the pot heads? Well at least this means we probably dont win another game and get a QB.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:49 PM   #94
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,030
Re: I am a horrible, rotten excuse for a Redskins fan.

Its time to put Willie Smith in at LT and start John Beck. While were at it, lets put in Erik Cook.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:55 PM   #95
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,686
Re: I am a horrible, rotten excuse for a Redskins fan.

If the season were to end today (as if it hasn't already) considering the Redskins and Browns have the same record. Who picks first in the draft? Redskins or Browns? This is for the Barkley sweepstakes
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:10 PM   #96
The Starter
 
mbedner3420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,835
Re: I am a horrible, rotten excuse for a Redskins fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
If the season were to end today (as if it hasn't already) considering the Redskins and Browns have the same record. Who picks first in the draft? Redskins or Browns? This is for the Barkley sweepstakes
I was just thinking about that...
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:20 PM   #97
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,686
Re: I am a horrible, rotten excuse for a Redskins fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Us, based on the fact that we had the easier strength of schedule.
2011 Strength of Schedule - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN
Sweet!! Now let's lose the rest of the games including the one against Minnesota.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:27 PM   #98
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: I am a horrible, rotten excuse for a Redskins fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Sweet!! Now let's lose the rest of the games including the one against Minnesota.
With the way we treat rookies in their games against us, Minnesota is guaranteed to beat us.
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:56 PM   #99
The Starter
 
Hijinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Age: 39
Posts: 1,475
Re: I am a horrible, rotten excuse for a Redskins fan.

Honestly if I were the Colts I would see that they have way too many holes and seriously entertain offers for the 1st pick. Someone will throw the bank at them, even if it is only to move up 4-6 spots. However I don't see the Colts Gm/owner having the stones to trade away the "sure thing franchise QB".
Hijinx is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.20146 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25