Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Laron Landry - Redskin for life?

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Should the Redskins re-sign Laron Landry?
Absolutely 42 24.14%
Only at the right price 100 57.47%
Let him walk 32 18.39%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2011, 07:52 PM   #16
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: Laron Landry - Redskin for life?

Yeah i agree. I just would have loved to kept Carlos, but definitely not at any price. And the exact same is true for LL. And like IR Mitch above, no way he should get top 5 money safety money. But i dont think we should ever low ball our own player. I would also give a player we drafted or developed a slight premium.
__________________
mlmpetert is offline  

Advertisements
Old 11-24-2011, 08:22 PM   #17
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,627
Landry needs to get healthy. Like full surgery, rest up, take a few months to recover. This half ass rehab isn't cutting it
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 11-24-2011, 08:26 PM   #18
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Laron Landry - Redskin for life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Landry needs to get healthy. Like full surgery, rest up, take a few months to recover. This half ass rehab isn't cutting it
With the way he didn't take sitting out a game very well, I feel that it's going to take a strong kick in the 'nads to get him to do that.
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline  
Old 11-24-2011, 08:36 PM   #19
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,361
Re: Laron Landry - Redskin for life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Landry needs to get healthy. Like full surgery, rest up, take a few months to recover. This half ass rehab isn't cutting it
Needless to say the way he threw the training staff under the bus.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline  
Old 11-24-2011, 08:43 PM   #20
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Laron Landry - Redskin for life?

Landry is probably the most important member of the defense, if you compare the performance of the unit without him to the performance of the unit with him. I think he flashes good coverage ability, but clearly the numbers say that he hasn't put it altogether yet.

Remember, that before teams figured out that you could double move the crap out of him, top QBs like Kurt Warner, Drew Brees, etc just wouldn't throw at him. Recently, I don't know if he's been on the field long enough to show that he's learned his lesson against these double moves, but he's been an impact player for us most of his career.

Is he an elite safety? Well, no. Regardless of what the tape says, elite safeties play more than 16 games in two seasons.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 11-24-2011, 09:14 PM   #21
Playmaker
 
WaldSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 31
Posts: 2,726
Re: Laron Landry - Redskin for life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Landry needs to get healthy. Like full surgery, rest up, take a few months to recover. This half ass rehab isn't cutting it
Do you think if Laron was signed thru a long term deal that he would have opted for the surgery?
__________________
"I would change that around, Jesus isn't Cutler. I guarantee you Jesus couldnt thread the ball like Jay does."-Monksdown
WaldSkins is offline  
Old 11-24-2011, 09:52 PM   #22
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,267
Re: Laron Landry - Redskin for life?

n/a
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968

Last edited by Alvin Walton; 11-24-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Alvin Walton is offline  
Old 11-24-2011, 10:09 PM   #23
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,111
Re: Laron Landry - Redskin for life?

I don't really care if Landry re-signs or not. There are other strong safeties that will be on the market. During most of his tenure in Washington, Landry has underachieved. He was a high draft pick, and while he's a solid player, he hasn't developed into a elite safety. Not everyone can be Troy Polamalu, but Landry plays less than a sixth round pick should. After making the transition to Hasslet's 3-4 defense last year after playing strong safety in the 4-3 for the first 3 years of his career, he's become a more solid player. If Allen and Shanahan decide to not re-sign him, I wouldn't be surprised.
REDSKINS4ever is offline  
Old 11-24-2011, 10:14 PM   #24
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,361
Re: Laron Landry - Redskin for life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
I don't really care if Landry re-signs or not. There are other strong safeties that will be on the market. During most of his tenure in Washington, Landry has underachieved. He was a high draft pick, and while he's a solid player, he hasn't developed into a elite safety. Not everyone can be Troy Polamalu, but Landry plays less than a sixth round pick should. After making the transition to Hasslet's 3-4 defense last year after playing strong safety in the 4-3 for the first 3 years of his career, he's become a more solid player. If Allen and Shanahan decide to not re-sign him, I wouldn't be surprised.
Then why wouldn't they have traded him before the season? If he leaves via FA we get a compensation pick, I would have rather have gotten something better.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline  
Old 11-25-2011, 07:49 AM   #25
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,174
Re: Laron Landry - Redskin for life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
I don't really care if Landry re-signs or not. There are other strong safeties that will be on the market. During most of his tenure in Washington, Landry has underachieved. He was a high draft pick, and while he's a solid player, he hasn't developed into a elite safety. Not everyone can be Troy Polamalu, but Landry plays less than a sixth round pick should. After making the transition to Hasslet's 3-4 defense last year after playing strong safety in the 4-3 for the first 3 years of his career, he's become a more solid player. If Allen and Shanahan decide to not re-sign him, I wouldn't be surprised.
statements like this are what kill me about a lot of redskins fans. the nfl is not fantasy football, you can't just grab some guy and plug him in and think he will fit. we have tried it and failed many times and now the eagles are doing the same. i think landry needs to have surgery and get healthy and remain a redskin. if he is playing football he needs to be on this team, we don't have the ability to add another need to the list.

i agree though that the price does have to be right but hopefully allen can make that happen, that is his job afterall. and hopefully this can be the way the new redskins operate, make players we draft want to stay here and keep them here. if there is one common theme amongst the top teams in the league, player retention has to be up there.
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline  
Old 11-25-2011, 08:44 AM   #26
Special Teams
 
Frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Burke, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 270
Re: Laron Landry - Redskin for life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
statements like this are what kill me about a lot of redskins fans. the nfl is not fantasy football, you can't just grab some guy and plug him in and think he will fit. we have tried it and failed many times and now the eagles are doing the same. i think landry needs to have surgery and get healthy and remain a redskin. if he is playing football he needs to be on this team, we don't have the ability to add another need to the list.

i agree though that the price does have to be right but hopefully allen can make that happen, that is his job afterall. and hopefully this can be the way the new redskins operate, make players we draft want to stay here and keep them here. if there is one common theme amongst the top teams in the league, player retention has to be up there.
Great point. pretty crazy how quick people have turned on him because of injuries, yes I know he is not an elite safety, yes he does trash talk to much but you cant deny his talent. I dont get comments like "get rid of him "we can get someone better.... WHO ? who are you gonna pickup in free agency or draft and tell me they will do a better job than Laron. Gotta start paying and keeping our own players here. How many seasons we gonna keep reshuffling our roster over and over. I think this is the perfect opportunity for the front office to show that indeed this is a new era for the redskins where we dont get rid of our players for over priced free agents. we have a bunch of needs to address through draft and free agency, safety should not be one of them.
__________________
"He can run like Jerry Rice and hit like Night Train Lane" 21
Frost is offline  
Old 11-25-2011, 08:48 AM   #27
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,262
Re: Laron Landry - Redskin for life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Landry is probably the most important member of the defense, if you compare the performance of the unit without him to the performance of the unit with him. I think he flashes good coverage ability, but clearly the numbers say that he hasn't put it altogether yet.

Remember, that before teams figured out that you could double move the crap out of him, top QBs like Kurt Warner, Drew Brees, etc just wouldn't throw at him. Recently, I don't know if he's been on the field long enough to show that he's learned his lesson against these double moves, but he's been an impact player for us most of his career.

Is he an elite safety? Well, no. Regardless of what the tape says, elite safeties play more than 16 games in two seasons.

Agree 100% and with SS about the injuries. You dont let him walk but you cant give him a ton of cash either. If he needs surgury, do it now and IR him and get him ready for next season. If you IR, brings down his value to other teams as well.
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 11-25-2011, 10:21 AM   #28
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,028
Re: Laron Landry - Redskin for life?

Cant we transition tag him?
T.O.Killa is offline  
Old 11-25-2011, 11:16 AM   #29
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,830
Re: Laron Landry - Redskin for life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
Cant we transition tag him?
Can we? Idk if that returned in the new CBA.
mooby is offline  
Old 11-25-2011, 11:23 AM   #30
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,627
They can, though I'm not sure it makes sense to do so.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28972 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25