Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Laron Landry - Redskin for life?

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Should the Redskins re-sign Laron Landry?
Absolutely 42 24.14%
Only at the right price 100 57.47%
Let him walk 32 18.39%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2011, 11:10 PM   #106
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,528
Re: Laron Landry - Redskin for life?

LaRon Landry of Washington Redskins out again with groin injury - ESPN


Landry out again. Shocked I tell ya!
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  

Advertisements
Old 12-09-2011, 11:12 PM   #107
The Starter
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Age: 29
Posts: 1,994
Re: Laron Landry - Redskin for life?

i'd rather he sits out and startts getting healthy for next year.
__________________
NFL officiating is BY FAR the worst in proffessional sports. Except no substitutions... worse or not!!


R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline  
Old 12-09-2011, 11:13 PM   #108
The Starter
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Age: 29
Posts: 1,994
Re: Laron Landry - Redskin for life?

iseasons done wats the point of him playing, if healthy, i wanna see more of gomes
__________________
NFL officiating is BY FAR the worst in proffessional sports. Except no substitutions... worse or not!!


R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline  
Old 12-10-2011, 12:13 PM   #109
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Laron Landry - Redskin for life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
i'd rather he sits out and startts getting healthy for next year.
theres almost NO CHANCE the skins resign Landry next year; this isnt just my speculation, its the same speculation as others here. Additionally, Chris Russell pretty much definitevely said that, based on his conversations with team sources, we're not resigning him, even to a one year prove-it deal. we're ready to move on and so is he.

If thats the case, why on earth would we we rest him so he could get healthy to improve his stock next year for another team. If he's healthy enough to play, he needs to play. thats what we're paying him for.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 12-10-2011, 02:57 PM   #110
The Starter
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Age: 29
Posts: 1,994
Re: Laron Landry - Redskin for life?

Believe it wen I see it
__________________
NFL officiating is BY FAR the worst in proffessional sports. Except no substitutions... worse or not!!


R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline  
Old 12-10-2011, 03:44 PM   #111
Impact Rookie
 
Gary84Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 771
Re: Laron Landry - Redskin for life?

We need to re-sign him. In order to find good players that fit you all's definition of "character guys" will take forever. Matter of fact you can not build a team of mostly these types of guys. Not that many of them exist. Especially at safety.
Gary84Clark is offline  
Old 12-11-2011, 10:15 AM   #112
Playmaker
 
sportscurmudgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,159
Re: Laron Landry - Redskin for life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
i'd rather he sits out and startts getting healthy for next year.
That is what he did for much of the 2010 season and it did not work out very well for the 2011 season.
__________________
The Sports Curmudgeon
www.sportscurmudgeon.com
But don't get me wrong, I love sports...
sportscurmudgeon is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 12:22 AM   #113
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Laron Landry - Redskin for life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
theres almost NO CHANCE the skins resign Landry next year; this isnt just my speculation, its the same speculation as others here. Additionally, Chris Russell pretty much definitevely said that, based on his conversations with team sources, we're not resigning him, even to a one year prove-it deal. we're ready to move on and so is he.

If thats the case, why on earth would we we rest him so he could get healthy to improve his stock next year for another team. If he's healthy enough to play, he needs to play. thats what we're paying him for.
I hope this is true. I don't even care if he lights it up elsewhere...I really don't.
The Goat is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 12:40 AM   #114
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,849
Re: Laron Landry - Redskin for life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
theres almost NO CHANCE the skins resign Landry next year; this isnt just my speculation, its the same speculation as others here. Additionally, Chris Russell pretty much definitevely said that, based on his conversations with team sources, we're not resigning him, even to a one year prove-it deal. we're ready to move on and so is he.

If thats the case, why on earth would we we rest him so he could get healthy to improve his stock next year for another team. If he's healthy enough to play, he needs to play. thats what we're paying him for.
My only concern with this and getting rid of defensive players (like D. Hall), is that I really don't want for the FO to create holes and have to use a lot of resources on the defense. I know this sounds crazy, but I feel that for the past two seasons (except for picking up T. Williams in the draft) we've been spending our resources (high picks/FAs) on defensive players.

I am done with rebuilding the defense. We've gotten Bowen, Carriker, Cofield, Kerrigan, Wilson, Gomes, Jenkins, and Atogwe over the past two seasons. Haslett needs to figure out what to do with those guys and the carryovers from the previous regime (Fletcher, Hall, Barnes, Riley, etc., etc.).

Shanahan needs a franchise QB, and that's going to cost picks; we need a true #1 WR, and that may cost picks or FA money. We are probably going to need a RT, and that may cost a pick or FA money. The point is that I want to see an emphasis on spending resources on the offense as the team has done with the defense over the past two seasons.

I don't want to see some f*cking retread QB or some low round project QB, I want a franchise QB. I want a solid #1 WR, a solid RT, and some good depth for our line. Hell, we may need even need a TE. I am not saying that we shouldn't get new defensive player, but I don't want to see a first or second rounder spent on a defensive player.

If the team can get Landry to stay at a reasonable price, then keep him. If Mike Shanahan is fine with Hall's antics (which I think he is, otherwise he would have given him the Haynesworth/McNabb treatment) then keep him. Haslett has been given a lot of resources, and he needs to make them work. This isn't like the offense, where we have a patchwork o-line, a starting QB that is at best a backup, and a whole bunch of WRs that are past their prime.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 01:53 AM   #115
Special Teams
 
REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 218
Re: Laron Landry - Redskin for life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
My only concern with this and getting rid of defensive players (like D. Hall), is that I really don't want for the FO to create holes and have to use a lot of resources on the defense. I know this sounds crazy, but I feel that for the past two seasons (except for picking up T. Williams in the draft) we've been spending our resources (high picks/FAs) on defensive players.

I am done with rebuilding the defense. We've gotten Bowen, Carriker, Cofield, Kerrigan, Wilson, Gomes, Jenkins, and Atogwe over the past two seasons. Haslett needs to figure out what to do with those guys and the carryovers from the previous regime (Fletcher, Hall, Barnes, Riley, etc., etc.).

Shanahan needs a franchise QB, and that's going to cost picks; we need a true #1 WR, and that may cost picks or FA money. We are probably going to need a RT, and that may cost a pick or FA money. The point is that I want to see an emphasis on spending resources on the offense as the team has done with the defense over the past two seasons.

I don't want to see some f*cking retread QB or some low round project QB, I want a franchise QB. I want a solid #1 WR, a solid RT, and some good depth for our line. Hell, we may need even need a TE. I am not saying that we shouldn't get new defensive player, but I don't want to see a first or second rounder spent on a defensive player.

If the team can get Landry to stay at a reasonable price, then keep him. If Mike Shanahan is fine with Hall's antics (which I think he is, otherwise he would have given him the Haynesworth/McNabb treatment) then keep him. Haslett has been given a lot of resources, and he needs to make them work. This isn't like the offense, where we have a patchwork o-line, a starting QB that is at best a backup, and a whole bunch of WRs that are past their prime.

TOTALLY agree 1000000% , I hated our f-ckin personal on our offense 5+ years ago, and I still hate it. Offense needs a complete facelift, starting with our QB we draft with our top pick. Im a super die hard fan, and theres probably less then a handful of things that could ever make me walk away from my squad, but not using our top pick on a QB in next years draft is one of them. Our first 3 pix (AT LEAST) should be all offense. And we need to get a STUD WR in FA. Whoever the top WR is going into FA, we need to get him. Im hearing a lot about Dwayne Bowe being available. If he's the top dog, get him. Pay him (or whoever) the big doe they're asking and get em in hear. Any defensive upgrades should be made via FA and later pix in the draft....PLEASE let us get RGIII in next years draft.....

Last edited by REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE; 12-12-2011 at 01:59 AM.
REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 08:32 AM   #116
Registered User
 
Sonny9TD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 399
Re: Laron Landry - Redskin for life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
My only concern with this and getting rid of defensive players (like D. Hall), is that I really don't want for the FO to create holes and have to use a lot of resources on the defense. I know this sounds crazy, but I feel that for the past two seasons (except for picking up T. Williams in the draft) we've been spending our resources (high picks/FAs) on defensive players.

I am done with rebuilding the defense. We've gotten Bowen, Carriker, Cofield, Kerrigan, Wilson, Gomes, Jenkins, and Atogwe over the past two seasons. Haslett needs to figure out what to do with those guys and the carryovers from the previous regime (Fletcher, Hall, Barnes, Riley, etc., etc.).

Shanahan needs a franchise QB, and that's going to cost picks; we need a true #1 WR, and that may cost picks or FA money. We are probably going to need a RT, and that may cost a pick or FA money. The point is that I want to see an emphasis on spending resources on the offense as the team has done with the defense over the past two seasons.

I don't want to see some f*cking retread QB or some low round project QB, I want a franchise QB. I want a solid #1 WR, a solid RT, and some good depth for our line. Hell, we may need even need a TE. I am not saying that we shouldn't get new defensive player, but I don't want to see a first or second rounder spent on a defensive player.

If the team can get Landry to stay at a reasonable price, then keep him. If Mike Shanahan is fine with Hall's antics (which I think he is, otherwise he would have given him the Haynesworth/McNabb treatment) then keep him. Haslett has been given a lot of resources, and he needs to make them work. This isn't like the offense, where we have a patchwork o-line, a starting QB that is at best a backup, and a whole bunch of WRs that are past their prime.
Good observation. Spot on.
Sonny9TD is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 08:39 AM   #117
The Starter
 
CrustyRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RatherbeinDC, TX
Posts: 2,473
Re: Laron Landry - Redskin for life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
i'd rather he sits out and startts getting healthy for next year.
Isnt that what he did at the end of last year??
__________________
Special Teams and Defense!!!!
CrustyRedskin is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 11:25 AM   #118
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Laron Landry - Redskin for life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
My only concern with this and getting rid of defensive players (like D. Hall), is that I really don't want for the FO to create holes and have to use a lot of resources on the defense. I know this sounds crazy, but I feel that for the past two seasons (except for picking up T. Williams in the draft) we've been spending our resources (high picks/FAs) on defensive players.

I am done with rebuilding the defense. We've gotten Bowen, Carriker, Cofield, Kerrigan, Wilson, Gomes, Jenkins, and Atogwe over the past two seasons. Haslett needs to figure out what to do with those guys and the carryovers from the previous regime (Fletcher, Hall, Barnes, Riley, etc., etc.).

Shanahan needs a franchise QB, and that's going to cost picks; we need a true #1 WR, and that may cost picks or FA money. We are probably going to need a RT, and that may cost a pick or FA money. The point is that I want to see an emphasis on spending resources on the offense as the team has done with the defense over the past two seasons.

I don't want to see some f*cking retread QB or some low round project QB, I want a franchise QB. I want a solid #1 WR, a solid RT, and some good depth for our line. Hell, we may need even need a TE. I am not saying that we shouldn't get new defensive player, but I don't want to see a first or second rounder spent on a defensive player.

If the team can get Landry to stay at a reasonable price, then keep him. If Mike Shanahan is fine with Hall's antics (which I think he is, otherwise he would have given him the Haynesworth/McNabb treatment) then keep him. Haslett has been given a lot of resources, and he needs to make them work. This isn't like the offense, where we have a patchwork o-line, a starting QB that is at best a backup, and a whole bunch of WRs that are past their prime.
Good post.

I understand why fans lump DeAngelo Hall and LaRon Landry together. From an intangibles perspective, I think they both represent what we hate about the Washington Redskins. They act immaturely, they talk a whole lot of crap, and they make mistakes on the field that good players don't make. But I also think that if the Redskins let both of them walk because of the obvious flaws that they both share, the Redskins will be letting one of the better starting players at his position in the NFL walk. Because he shares something negative with one of the lesser starting players at his position.

I could give you 40 examples that the current Redskins' front office structure suffers from consistently poor talent evaluation (even though they would have seem to have outdrafted 31 other teams this April), but if they think DeAngelo Hall and LaRon Landry are on-field equals, you really just need that example to understand that the Redskins cannot evaluate talent.

It's my estimation that Josh Wilson and LaRon Landry could be two very good starters in a very good secondary. And I'm starting to become sold on Kevin Barnes too. But I think our secondary needs a talent infusion any way you look at it, even though the focus of the draft should be on the offensive side.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 12:17 PM   #119
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Laron Landry - Redskin for life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Good post.

I understand why fans lump DeAngelo Hall and LaRon Landry together. From an intangibles perspective, I think they both represent what we hate about the Washington Redskins. They act immaturely, they talk a whole lot of crap, and they make mistakes on the field that good players don't make. But I also think that if the Redskins let both of them walk because of the obvious flaws that they both share, the Redskins will be letting one of the better starting players at his position in the NFL walk. Because he shares something negative with one of the lesser starting players at his position.

I could give you 40 examples that the current Redskins' front office structure suffers from consistently poor talent evaluation (even though they would have seem to have outdrafted 31 other teams this April), but if they think DeAngelo Hall and LaRon Landry are on-field equals, you really just need that example to understand that the Redskins cannot evaluate talent.

It's my estimation that Josh Wilson and LaRon Landry could be two very good starters in a very good secondary. And I'm starting to become sold on Kevin Barnes too. But I think our secondary needs a talent infusion any way you look at it, even though the focus of the draft should be on the offensive side.
Not sure what you're really saying about Landry here? He will never be anything more than a poor man's Roy Williams. But I agree with you in the sense he's neither the sickness nor the cure. We need a top 5 free safety to be our brains in the secondary and challenge QBs. Landry btw has neither the intelligence nor the skill to be that guy.

The shut-down corner would be gravy but FS is the bigger need by far.
The Goat is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 12:19 PM   #120
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Laron Landry - Redskin for life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Not sure what you're really saying about Landry here? He will never be anything more than a poor man's Roy Williams. But I agree with you in the sense he's neither the sickness nor the cure. We need a top 5 free safety to be our brains in the secondary and challenge QBs. Landry btw has neither the intelligence nor the skill to be that guy.

The shut-down corner would be gravy but FS is the bigger need by far.
It's a three safety league now. We have one. And possibly zero at this time next year.

I think Dejon Gomes is still years away, but could project to be a starter.

Atogwe was a classic Redskins FA mistake. I think they could go either way with him next year, but I'm certain he won't be here in 2013.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.48417 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25