Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Around the NFL Week 13

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2011, 09:08 AM   #151
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,693
Re: Around the NFL Week 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
DeSean Jackson is channeling Terrell Owens: Asked if he was ignoring Vince Young on the sideline, Jackson's response was "Next Question".

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I am loving this sh**.
Did anyone watch the game? The broadcasters were ripping Jackson because he was running routes and not even looking for the ball. VY threw a pick because he was looking Jackson's way, Jackson never even turned around, it was like he was purposefully looking away from the ball, and VY had to scramble to find someone on the other side of the field and forced a throw. What an ack jass.
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for RG3
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-02-2011, 09:42 AM   #152
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,615
Re: Around the NFL Week 13

D Jax has been pretty irrelevant on the field for over a year now. Change of scenery would probably do him good. But probably only temporarily until he gets bored with that too
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:57 AM   #153
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,497
Re: Around the NFL Week 13

I admit, and if you haven't guessed, I love, love, love watching the Eagles fail.

I hate the smugness of Dallas fans and don't like the Cowboys - but I loathe Eagles fans with a passion. I admit it is both unchristian and not a particularly good example for my kids, but I enjoy when these dumbass, thug fans - who justify their unsportsmanlike behaviour as "passion" - are bitterly disappointed. I wish plague and pestilence on them from now until the end of time.

Have been reading the Philly papers a little this morning and just enjoying the bile being spewed.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:58 AM   #154
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,497
Re: Around the NFL Week 13

By the way, in answer to my own question earlier, I would not want Reid. I think he could do well in San Diego, but not here. I just don't see him ever being as good at building a team as he was back in his first 6 years with the Eagles. As one eagles pundit (Phil Sheridan), after recovering from the 2005 losing year, the Eagles under Reid have never been as good as they were in the first half of the decade and have been slipping each year - in no small part to Reid's coaching and personnel errors.

He's a solid coach and will be good somewhere (probably), but I think he would be served well with some time away and, as Tripp said, severing ties completely with the current coaching staff. I just see him as staid and making the same mistakes time and time again, year in, year out (time management, inability to commit to the run). Also, I think that, once J. Johnson left (died), Andy has never really been the same as a head coach - it's as if, b/c Johnson was so damn good, Reid forgot what makes a good defense, how to coach defense or even how to pick a good D coordinator.

He had his run, and, although I have said it before, I think the window has closed on this Eagles team. If AR sticks around next year, it will be deeply ugly for the team (Yeah!!!).
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:29 AM   #155
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,757
Re: Around the NFL Week 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
By the way, in answer to my own question earlier, I would not want Reid. I think he could do well in San Diego, but not here. I just don't see him ever being as good at building a team as he was back in his first 6 years with the Eagles. As one eagles pundit (Phil Sheridan), after recovering from the 2005 losing year, the Eagles under Reid have never been as good as they were in the first half of the decade and have been slipping each year - in no small part to Reid's coaching and personnel errors.

He's a solid coach and will be good somewhere (probably), but I think he would be served well with some time away and, as Tripp said, severing ties completely with the current coaching staff. I just see him as staid and making the same mistakes time and time again, year in, year out (time management, inability to commit to the run). Also, I think that, once J. Johnson left (died), Andy has never really been the same as a head coach - it's as if, b/c Johnson was so damn good, Reid forgot what makes a good defense, how to coach defense or even how to pick a good D coordinator.

He had his run, and, although I have said it before, I think the window has closed on this Eagles team. If AR sticks around next year, it will be deeply ugly for the team (Yeah!!!).
I must admit that after seeing Reid perform two masterpiece offseason moves this past two years (robbing us and the Cardinals blind in the McNabb and Kolb trades) I was amazed at the Vinnyesque moves made by Reid. I would be curious what type of control he is given in a new team.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:29 AM   #156
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Around the NFL Week 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
No coach has ever won the Super Bowl with two teams so in terms when it comes to who should be coach of the Redskins ironically Reid would be the better choice. However no way at this point would I swap Reid for Shanny. I am very interested though in seeing him go somewhere like San Diego and finally work with a real QB. Not overachievers.
We hear this all the time.

But didn't Gruden do it? Raiders/buccaneers? Who else? Tuna comes to mind but I think he just got them close.

This topic came up on another site and I think Gruden was the most recent but long before him and the so called NFL when both NFC and AFC were seperate entities there were a few coaches who did it also. Obviously not to the SB but to their championship games at the time.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:36 AM   #157
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Around the NFL Week 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
We hear this all the time.

But didn't Gruden do it? Raiders/buccaneers? Who else? Tuna comes to mind but I think he just got them close.

This topic came up on another site and I think Gruden was the most recent but long before him and the so called NFL when both NFC and AFC were seperate entities there were a few coaches who did it also. Obviously not to the SB but to their championship games at the time.
He's talking about winning the SB, not just making it and then flaming out(i.e Holmgren).

But the Raidahs didn't even make it to the Super Bowl with Gruden. The ol' tuck rule did him in. Then Oakland trades Gruden to Tampa. The two teams meet in the Super Bowl. Oakland, at the time, was still using Gruden's playbook. Hence, Gruden knew every play coming his way and used that to beat the Raiders.
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:37 AM   #158
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,121
Re: Around the NFL Week 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
D Jax has been pretty irrelevant on the field for over a year now. Change of scenery would probably do him good. But probably only temporarily until he gets bored with that too
Agree, I WAS in favor of bringing him here, but mos def not now after watching his play this season. Incredible watching him quit and whine at the sametime. Not a good plan to get a big contract
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:38 AM   #159
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Around the NFL Week 13

If Andy Reid was smart he'd make some changes now which might keep his job. Like firing the OL coach and moving his DC back to OL. Then actually hire a DC who is available (if there are any) and let him do his job as best he can. I think most of us to include the top management with the Eagles know that the injuries they have and poor play is not all on Reid, but the failed experiement of switching the OL coach to DC might cost him his job cause if he can't see that it's not working then the top brass has to wonder if keeping him around is a good idea. Unless Reid is trying to get himself fired so the top brass will still have to pay him and he can go elsewhere or take a break on the Eagles dime.

If I was the owner I'd be talking with Gruden or Fischer. Imagine the in division rivalery between MS and Fischer or MS and Gruden. It would make the NFCE the top division to watch week in and week out with a ton of tv sponsers.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:40 AM   #160
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,429
Re: Around the NFL Week 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
D Jax has been pretty irrelevant on the field for over a year now. Change of scenery would probably do him good. But probably only temporarily until he gets bored with that too

__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:43 AM   #161
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Around the NFL Week 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Agree, I WAS in favor of bringing him here, but mos def not now after watching his play this season. Incredible watching him quit and whine at the sametime. Not a good plan to get a big contract
I think the kid as issue's. I think he's a top talent. I also think his problem this year is obviously he's not happy. He wants a big contract, Reid supposedly promised him he'd get one as well as the top brass, yet he see's Vick get paid and not him. On top of not being the priority to the team he thinks he is the team is losing which looks like he's having trouble with digesting.

But as others have said he's a professional and needs to act like one. Play well, take care of your job, and at the end of the year if the Eagles didn't offer a big contract you move on. Instead he's only hurting himself cause right now there are probably a few teams that won't touch him do to character issue's, some won't because of his last two seasons of mediocracy, and his lack of effort.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:48 AM   #162
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,757
Re: Around the NFL Week 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I think the kid as issue's. I think he's a top talent. I also think his problem this year is obviously he's not happy. He wants a big contract, Reid supposedly promised him he'd get one as well as the top brass, yet he see's Vick get paid and not him. On top of not being the priority to the team he thinks he is the team is losing which looks like he's having trouble with digesting.

But as others have said he's a professional and needs to act like one. Play well, take care of your job, and at the end of the year if the Eagles didn't offer a big contract you move on. Instead he's only hurting himself cause right now there are probably a few teams that won't touch him do to character issue's, some won't because of his last two seasons of mediocracy, and his lack of effort.
While I don't agree with his actions, up to a certain point DJax has a point. The guy single-handedly won that game against the Giants last season, and was their main weapon offensively. Now the team all of the sudden goes on this spending spree (Vick's new contract, Nnamdi, C. Jenkins, etc., etc.) and they don't give him a new contract? DJax I believe is still in his rookie contract, so once again he's being low balled by the Eagles.

Once again, not condoning his actions, but I see where he's coming from.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:48 AM   #163
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Around the NFL Week 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
He's talking about winning the SB, not just making it and then flaming out(i.e Holmgren).

But the Raidahs didn't even make it to the Super Bowl with Gruden. The ol' tuck rule did him in. Then Oakland trades Gruden to Tampa. The two teams meet in the Super Bowl. Oakland, at the time, was still using Gruden's playbook. Hence, Gruden knew every play coming his way and used that to beat the Raiders.
Your right....

[quote]
Through Super Bowl XLIV, as far as head coaches are concerned, no head coach has won Super Bowls with different teams. Five head coaches have coached two different teams into the Super Bowl but neither won with two different teams.

1) Don Shula was the head coach the Baltimore Colts that lost Super Bowl III and of the Miami Dolphins that lost Super Bowl VI and won Super Bowls VII and VIII.

2) Bill Parcells was the head coach of the New York Giants that won Super Bowls XXI and XXV and the New England Patriots that lost Super Bowl XXXI.

3) Mike Holmgren was the head coach of the Green Bay Packers that won Super Bowl XXXI and the Seattle Seahawks that lost Super Bowl XL.

4) Dan Reeves was the head coach of the Denver Broncos that lost Super Bowls XXI, XXII, and XXIV and the Atlanta Falcons that lost Super Bowl XXXIII.

5) Dick Vermeil was the head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles that lost Super Bowl XV and the St. Louis Rams that won Super Bowl XXXIV. [quote]


But honestly I'd take any one of them because they have been there and know what it takes to get there vs. someone who has never been. Atleast these guys give you a chance. Which is why I'm happy with what we have...MS. Gruden would be another good choice. Holmgren will get the Browns turned around he just need maybe 1 or 2 more years. They were almost in the same spot we were. Terrible drafts, bad management, bad coaching.

Last edited by SBXVII; 12-02-2011 at 10:51 AM.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:50 AM   #164
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Around the NFL Week 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
While I don't agree with his actions, up to a certain point DJax has a point. The guy single-handedly won that game against the Giants last season, and was their main weapon offensively. Now the team all of the sudden goes on this spending spree (Vick's new contract, Nnamdi, C. Jenkins, etc., etc.) and they don't give him a new contract? DJax I believe is still in his rookie contract, so once again he's being low balled by the Eagles.

Once again, not condoning his actions, but I see where he's coming from.
Thats my point. How would any of you guys feel if your boss brought in new people and paid the twice as much as what your making, promised you they would hook you up and don't? You'd be pissed also.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:56 AM   #165
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,655
Re: Around the NFL Week 13

He can be pissed all he wants, pouting gets you nowhere and is always the wrong way to go about getting a new deal.

I wouldn't be surprised if they let him sign elsewhere. In fact they might be smart to do that.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.57964 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25