Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


2012 redskins

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2011, 11:03 PM   #136
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,033
Re: 2012 redskins

Man, I wish this nightmare season was over and the draft was tomorrow. I cant take not having a QB anymore and I cant take all this crap. I am seriously beginning to think that Shannahan's job is in jeopardy. This season is turning into a major disaster.
T.O.Killa is offline  

Advertisements
Old 12-04-2011, 11:15 PM   #137
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,733
Re: 2012 redskins

This video reminded me of myself watching any give Redskin game in recent memory. I always start off so happy.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG

Last edited by Dirtbag59; 12-04-2011 at 11:18 PM.
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 12-04-2011, 11:19 PM   #138
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,896
Re: 2012 redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
This season is turning into a major disaster.
This season was a total disaster when Shanahan decided to go with Grossman and Beck and not draft a QB in the 2011 draft.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline  
Old 12-04-2011, 11:19 PM   #139
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,596
Re: 2012 redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
Man, I wish this nightmare season was over and the draft was tomorrow. I cant take not having a QB anymore and I cant take all this crap. I am seriously beginning to think that Shannahan's job is in jeopardy. This season is turning into a major disaster.
Regardless of what's happening this year or even next year, Shanny will be safe until his contract expires. Shanny told Snyder not to hire him unless he will have 5 full years to rebuild the team. If Snyder actually fires him before that, then I would not be surprised if there's nobody, or maybe very limited choices, lining up for the coach gig at here.
GridIron26 is offline  
Old 12-04-2011, 11:20 PM   #140
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,596
Re: 2012 redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
This video reminded me of myself watching any give Redskin game in recent memory. I always start off so happy.
Hilarious
GridIron26 is offline  
Old 12-04-2011, 11:39 PM   #141
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,470
Re: 2012 redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Regardless of what's happening this year or even next year, Shanny will be safe until his contract expires. Shanny told Snyder not to hire him unless he will have 5 full years to rebuild the team. If Snyder actually fires him before that, then I would not be surprised if there's nobody, or maybe very limited choices, lining up for the coach gig at here.
^^^^^^^^^^
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline  
Old 12-05-2011, 12:01 AM   #142
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,355
Re: 2012 redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
This season was a total disaster when Shanahan decided to go with Grossman and Beck and not draft a QB in the 2011 draft.

embarrassing
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 12-05-2011, 12:34 AM   #143
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,405
Re: 2012 redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Regardless of what's happening this year or even next year, Shanny will be safe until his contract expires. Shanny told Snyder not to hire him unless he will have 5 full years to rebuild the team. If Snyder actually fires him before that, then I would not be surprised if there's nobody, or maybe very limited choices, lining up for the coach gig at here.
Well Shanahan has wasted one year and possibly two years of rebuilding due to mismanagement of the QB situation. Hopefully he won't f*ck things up next year.

My concern is that they'll get a QB and KS will screw him up by not adjusting to making him succeed (since their scheme philosophy is my way or the highway). This is the reason why I hope that they get the QB that fits their scheme, since they don't do a good job at making adjustment to make a player succeed.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 12-05-2011, 12:35 AM   #144
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,033
Re: 2012 redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Regardless of what's happening this year or even next year, Shanny will be safe until his contract expires. Shanny told Snyder not to hire him unless he will have 5 full years to rebuild the team. If Snyder actually fires him before that, then I would not be surprised if there's nobody, or maybe very limited choices, lining up for the coach gig at here.
I know all od that, but Snyder can fire him if he wants to. Period. With the Redskins getting worse and not better, it would not suprise me. I think he deserves more time, but this total failure is tough to deal with.
T.O.Killa is offline  
Old 12-05-2011, 12:46 AM   #145
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,896
Re: 2012 redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Well Shanahan has wasted one year and possibly two years of rebuilding due to mismanagement of the QB situation. Hopefully he won't f*ck things up next year.

My concern is that they'll get a QB and KS will screw him up by not adjusting to making him succeed (since their scheme philosophy is my way or the highway). This is the reason why I hope that they get the QB that fits their scheme, since they don't do a good job at making adjustment to make a player succeed.
The offensive scheme is in place, the QB in place is not and as you can see Grossman or Beck are not the answer. Barkley or Luck are the answer, most likely Barkley
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline  
Old 12-05-2011, 12:49 AM   #146
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,405
Re: 2012 redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
The offensive scheme is in place, the QB in place is not and as you can see Grossman or Beck are not the answer. Barkley or Luck are the answer, most likely Barkley
Well as I said, they better make damn sure the QB they select fits their scheme. I would hate to have them waste another year if they select the wrong QB.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 12-05-2011, 12:55 AM   #147
The Starter
 
mbedner3420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,842
Re: 2012 redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
The offensive scheme is in place, the QB in place is not and as you can see Grossman or Beck are not the answer. Barkley or Luck are the answer, most likely Barkley
I really hope Barkley comes out this year, in the worst way.
mbedner3420 is offline  
Old 12-05-2011, 01:28 AM   #148
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,596
Re: 2012 redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Well as I said, they better make damn sure the QB they select fits their scheme. I would hate to have them waste another year if they select the wrong QB.
Me too. Unfortunately there is not much we can do except to trust that Redskins FO know what they are doing.
GridIron26 is offline  
Old 12-05-2011, 05:25 AM   #149
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,180
Re: 2012 redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
This season was a total disaster when Shanahan decided to go with Grossman and Beck and not draft a QB in the 2011 draft.
I agree with this comment. Mike Shanahan could have drafted Blaine Gabbert or Ryan Mallet and both of them would be better than what the Redskins have now with Grossman and Beck. In my countless years as a Redskin fan, I've never witnessed a season where no one could play the quarterback position. Maybe Heath Shuler was the only one I can think of that played just as poorly as Beck and Grossman has played this season. Grossman is turnover machine. I've never witnessed a QB turn the ball over so much.

But I understand that the Redskins drafting for defense for Ryan Kerrigan. They needed that extra pass rush considering where the defense finished in the first year in the 3-4. Now, Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan need to badly and desperately draft a quarterback.
REDSKINS4ever is offline  
Old 12-05-2011, 08:32 AM   #150
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: 2012 redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
I agree with this comment. Mike Shanahan could have drafted Blaine Gabbert or Ryan Mallet and both of them would be better than what the Redskins have now with Grossman and Beck. In my countless years as a Redskin fan, I've never witnessed a season where no one could play the quarterback position. Maybe Heath Shuler was the only one I can think of that played just as poorly as Beck and Grossman has played this season. Grossman is turnover machine. I've never witnessed a QB turn the ball over so much.

But I understand that the Redskins drafting for defense for Ryan Kerrigan. They needed that extra pass rush considering where the defense finished in the first year in the 3-4. Now, Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan need to badly and desperately draft a quarterback.
Um, Gabbert would have been purely an "upside" pick. That is, his on-field results might not be good at all, but simply because he's young, he could "develop". He is far worse than Ponder or Dalton right now. He was even benched for McCown.
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30723 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25