Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Report: Fred Davis, Trent Williams suspended four games

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2011, 08:49 AM   #196
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,221
Re: Report: Fred Davis, Trent Williams suspended four games

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Trent is a good dude I don't think you'll ever see him in trouble with the law..Like serious trouble
it's not going to take serious trouble, if he fails another test he is done for a year. i really hope these two idiots learn from this, especially trent. if we lose davis it would suck but no where near the extent of losing our #4 overall draft pick from 2 years ago.
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-08-2011, 08:49 AM   #197
Playmaker
 
CrustyRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RatherbeinDC, TX
Posts: 2,678
Re: Report: Fred Davis, Trent Williams suspended four games

I heard Trent Williams suspension is going to cost him 1.7 Million buckaroos!!!! What a fn tool!! Hey dumbass i can give you 1.7 million reasons why i would have stayed off the doobage!!! And we put our heart and soul into rooting for this trash, after 37 years im starting to crack, NCAA football your looking better every day!!
__________________
Lafayette, we're here.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:53 AM   #198
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
I heard Trent Williams suspension is going to cost him 1.7 Million buckaroos!!!! What a fn tool!! Hey dumbass i can give you 1.7 million reasons why i would have stayed off the doobage!!! And we put our heart and soul into rooting for this trash, after 37 years im starting to crack, NCAA football your looking better every day!!
Seeya!
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:27 AM   #199
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: Report: Fred Davis, Trent Williams suspended four games

I had been thinking TW was a complete lost cause. Yesterday I would have said if we can get a third round pick for him then itís a no brainer, and that a fourth round pick should be something we should consider for him. But ive changed my tune a little and think there is hope. Jared Allen and Ricky Williams both made major lifestyle changes after alcohol and weed threatened their careers.

Coming out of college Jared Allen had been arrested for DUI. Then during a contract year with the Chiefs in 2006 he got 2 DUIs within 5 months, forcing him to sign a 1 year tender in 2007 before moving to the Vikings the following year.

Ricky failed 3 drug tests, retired to study holistic medicine, unretired to only fail again, went to Canada to play in the CFL and came back to the NFL only to possibly fail again for something besides weed, all within the first 5 years of his career.

Both of these stories are drastically different but Ricky no longer smokes weed and Jared Allen has sworn off alcohol. If Ricky was given more support early on perhaps his road back to becoming a productive NFL player would have been much shorter. Ricky Williams had major depression and other issues so maybe TW or Fred Davis do too. For TW to get busted 3 times all within a year and half of being drafted and for Davis to get busted a 3rd time during a contract year, to me suggest that maybe their bad decision making is because of bigger problems like depression or something else.
__________________
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:35 AM   #200
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,509
Re: Report: Fred Davis, Trent Williams suspended four games

meh, I think they're just young and dumb.

The worst thing is they didn't even have to stop smoking completely, they just needed to be smarter about when to temporarily stop in order to pass a test.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:01 PM   #201
Playmaker
 
CrustyRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RatherbeinDC, TX
Posts: 2,678
Re: Report: Fred Davis, Trent Williams suspended four games

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
I had been thinking TW was a complete lost cause. Yesterday I would have said if we can get a third round pick for him then itís a no brainer, and that a fourth round pick should be something we should consider for him. But ive changed my tune a little and think there is hope. Jared Allen and Ricky Williams both made major lifestyle changes after alcohol and weed threatened their careers.

Coming out of college Jared Allen had been arrested for DUI. Then during a contract year with the Chiefs in 2006 he got 2 DUIs within 5 months, forcing him to sign a 1 year tender in 2007 before moving to the Vikings the following year.

Ricky failed 3 drug tests, retired to study holistic medicine, unretired to only fail again, went to Canada to play in the CFL and came back to the NFL only to possibly fail again for something besides weed, all within the first 5 years of his career.

Both of these stories are drastically different but Ricky no longer smokes weed and Jared Allen has sworn off alcohol. If Ricky was given more support early on perhaps his road back to becoming a productive NFL player would have been much shorter. Ricky Williams had major depression and other issues so maybe TW or Fred Davis do too. For TW to get busted 3 times all within a year and half of being drafted and for Davis to get busted a 3rd time during a contract year, to me suggest that maybe their bad decision making is because of bigger problems like depression or something else.
wow that just blows my mind that you would sacrafice you career and money for puffin. Didnt Gibbs used to asign baby sitters to rookies?? I thought i remmeber reading somewhere that Gibbs used to have older trustworhty plaers assigned to some of the younger ones, that pretty much watched them 24 hrs a day, maybe that was George Allen,
__________________
Lafayette, we're here.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:17 PM   #202
Impact Rookie
 
Jontrem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 608
Re: Report: Fred Davis, Trent Williams suspended four games

I am sorry, I know its a drug (and not one I use anymore) but should it really be a big deal? I know people say it is a gateway drug but tons of people use and then never move on to harder stuff right?
Jontrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:23 PM   #203
Impact Rookie
 
Jontrem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 608
Re: Report: Fred Davis, Trent Williams suspended four games

Although I can see how maybe it indicates that he does not take his job seriously enough if he is not willing to give it up for a multi-million dollar job.
Jontrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:03 PM   #204
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,666
Re: Report: Fred Davis, Trent Williams suspended four games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jontrem View Post
I am sorry, I know its a drug (and not one I use anymore) but should it really be a big deal? I know people say it is a gateway drug but tons of people use and then never move on to harder stuff right?
Well, the big deal is for one thing, it's illegal. I work in a substance abuse facility full of clients who have lost their jobs, family, and other loved ones because of the addiction. But, aside from that, legal or not, it's against the drug policy of not only the team, but the league. So, if one is an NFL player, he's held at a very high standard. He's a role model whether if he likes it or not. Young kids and other fans are going to look up to him. These players need to keep their noses clean.
__________________
"Fire Up That Diesel!"
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:06 PM   #205
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,509
Re: Report: Fred Davis, Trent Williams suspended four games

Yeah, big deal or not, weed is still illegal. So until that changes, everyone needs to play by the rules. No excuse for these guys getting nailed 3 times. Pathetic.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:14 PM   #206
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,356
Re: Report: Fred Davis, Trent Williams suspended four games

^ agreed
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:16 PM   #207
Playmaker
 
CrustyRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RatherbeinDC, TX
Posts: 2,678
Re: Report: Fred Davis, Trent Williams suspended four games

TW came out of Longview,TX, down here that is a hot bed for illegal drugs.
__________________
Lafayette, we're here.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:22 PM   #208
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Yeah, big deal or not, weed is still illegal. So until that changes, everyone needs to play by the rules. No excuse for these guys getting nailed 3 times. Pathetic.
I personally don't care about the legality issue. Weed is illegal but its safer and healthier than any meds, booze or cigarettes. Stupid NFL rule, sure. NBA is much more lax on it I think.

Nevertheless, the NFL rules are very clear. Morality and scientific arguments don't matter here. Rules are clear and smoking risks loss of millions of dollars for these guys. It is terribly stupid and irrational to continue a habit with that on the line. Especially since NFL players only have a few years to peak and make their money.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:44 PM   #209
The Starter
 
diehard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Norfolk, Va (OV)
Posts: 1,566
Re: Report: Fred Davis, Trent Williams suspended four games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jontrem View Post
Although I can see how maybe it indicates that he does not take his job seriously enough if he is not willing to give it up for a multi-million dollar job.
I'd give it up for good for only 40K or more per year.
__________________
'Any NFL team will win with RG3. Imagine how exciting it will be watching him do it.'
diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:17 AM   #210
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,218
Re: Report: Fred Davis, Trent Williams suspended four games

Redskins Sale Jerseys at RedskinsTeamStore.com.


Looks like Fred Davis jersey just hit the market for $9.95. If you notice all the jerseys of former players are reduced to that amount.


Is Shanny trying to tell us something here? :cool-smil




j/k.....it's his old number.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33020 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25