Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Around the NFL Week 14

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011, 01:47 PM   #226
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 53
Posts: 3,543
Re: Around the NFL Week 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Our "top 5" defense was a illusion. We never got any sacks or turnovers and had this "bend but not break" mindset. Our defense also could never hold a team in the last 2 minutes when it really counted. This was a paper defense, nothing more.
We had 40 sacks in 2009.29 last yr and 34 so far this yr so your sacks argument is an illusion.We had 17 takeaways in 09,27 last yr and 16 so far this yr.So we had more takeaways last yr,WHOOPEE,at least thats something
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-12-2011, 01:52 PM   #227
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Around the NFL Week 14

Kansas City HC

Firrrrrrrrrrre-D

NFL.com news: Chiefs fire coach Haley after two-plus seasons, 19-27 record
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:59 PM   #228
Playmaker
 
CrustyRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RatherbeinDC, TX
Posts: 2,732
Re: Around the NFL Week 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
lol, the punchlines to that are endless. The G-men like coming down here, they pillage Jerry world. I think they are 3-0 in the joint, holy crap you should have heard the crowd last night. You could literaly hear the coaches talking on the sideline after the bloced kick.
__________________
Lafayette, we're here.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.

Last edited by CrustyRedskin; 12-12-2011 at 02:00 PM.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:28 PM   #229
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,585
Re: Around the NFL Week 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
We had 40 sacks in 2009.29 last yr and 34 so far this yr so your sacks argument is an illusion.We had 17 takeaways in 09,27 last yr and 16 so far this yr.So we had more takeaways last yr,WHOOPEE,at least thats something

You are using ONE years stats to back up your point???
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:49 PM   #230
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,759
Re: Around the NFL Week 14

Dolphins fire Tony Sparano.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:53 PM   #231
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,554
Re: Around the NFL Week 14

Teams looking to get a jump on potential candidates out there.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:55 PM   #232
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Around the NFL Week 14

Who's next? Spagnuolo maybe?
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:57 PM   #233
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 53
Posts: 3,543
Re: Around the NFL Week 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
You are using ONE years stats to back up your point???
Seriously,your making fun of me when I actually backed up my argument with facts while you did not?
Plus that was TWO AND THREE QAURTERS,NOT ONE YEAR.And of course I only went back to 2009,why would I go any further? That was the yr before Shanahan got here and switched the defense
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:59 PM   #234
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 53
Posts: 3,543
Re: Around the NFL Week 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Sometimes to make an omelette you have to break a few eggs, or whatever the expression is.
I can understand that philosophy sometimes,but sometimes the cook sucks
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:01 PM   #235
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Around the NFL Week 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Seriously,your making fun of me when I actually backed up my argument with facts while you did not?
Plus that was TWO AND THREE QAURTERS,NOT ONE YEAR.And of course I only went back to 2009,why would I go any further? That was the yr before Shanahan got here and switched the defense
The are three more games to be played.

We added talent(RAK and AH), hence the spike in sacks to 40. We add more talent(i.e Jenkins) and play the better players(Riley), we can only further improve.
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:03 PM   #236
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,115
Re: Around the NFL Week 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Who's next? Spagnuolo maybe?
That whole front office/coaching staff could be gone

Figure Tucker probably won't stay in Jacksonville either
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:14 PM   #237
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Around the NFL Week 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
That whole front office/coaching staff could be gone

Figure Tucker probably won't stay in Jacksonville either
Heck, Jacksonville should not even stay in Jacksonville. Of all the NFL franchises, that is the one that i think has the least justification for its existence. If any team needs to move to LA, its the jags.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:39 PM   #238
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,115
Re: Around the NFL Week 14

Happy for Todd Bowles to finally get his shot, no matter how temporary it might be
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:45 PM   #239
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 28
Posts: 16,673
After seattle wins by 20 tonight I think Spags will be fired also
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:53 PM   #240
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,585
Re: Around the NFL Week 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Seriously,your making fun of me when I actually backed up my argument with facts while you did not?
Plus that was TWO AND THREE QAURTERS,NOT ONE YEAR.And of course I only went back to 2009,why would I go any further? That was the yr before Shanahan got here and switched the defense

They had one decent year in sacks and you cherry picked it. The 4-3 and the great Greg Williams didn't do squat in terms of changing games. We were never this great defense that fans claim. Bend but not break doesn't make you a good defense.


4-3 Defense
2005 - 20th in NFL in sacks
2006 - 32nd in NFL in sacks
2007 - 16th in NFL in sacks
2008 - 28th in NFL in sacks
2009 - 8th in NFL in sacks

3-4 Defense Change
2010 - 25th in NFL in sacks
2011- 11th in NFL in sacks



4-3 Defense
2005- 14th in NFL in INTs
2006- 32nd in NFL in INTs
2007- 23rd in NFL in INTs
2008- 17th in NFL in INTs
2009- 26th in NFL in INTs

3-4 Defense Change
2010 - 19th in NFL in INTs
2011 - 25th in NFL in INTs
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28330 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25