Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Patriots)

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011, 11:55 PM   #106
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,395
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Patriots)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Good for you. Now go back to root against our team.

I would like for anyone who makes a big deal out of this two answer these two questions:

A.) Isn't it a bigger deal that two of our safeties (not one, but TWO) failed to bring down Gronkowski? They couldn't even push him out of bounds!!

and...

B.) Hall is not a good tackler, any chance he brings down Gronkowski on a head-on tackle?
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG

Last edited by Ruhskins; 12-13-2011 at 12:01 AM.
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-13-2011, 12:02 AM   #107
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Patriots)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Good for you. Now go back to root against our team.
You try and pin me as a cowboys fan with 'disses' and 'comebacks' of a 4th grader just calling me "cowboys fan, cowboys fan!" without having a man to man conversation. I've just proved to you I'm way more intelligent than you with how you handle a debate topic; you get beat and do the old 'whatever you're a cowboys fan go suck for luck.'

And again Mr. 12 year old, I'm not a cowboys fan nor will I ever be. And yeah God forbid I want us to get a Great QB like Andrew Luck. You realize you are the only person on this board who is continually defending DHall for not tackling Gronk yesterday. Sure the other two skins Gomes and Doughty, didn't tackle him well, but at least they made efforts! If Hall made an effort I wouldn't be here repeatedly trying to bang this into your head.

DeAngelo Hall watches two teammates not tackle Rob Gronkowski - DC Sports Bog - The Washington Post theres a breakdown for those who may be legally blind.
I'm done.

Last edited by CultBrennan59; 12-13-2011 at 12:04 AM.
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:06 AM   #108
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,395
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Patriots)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
You try and pin me as a cowboys fan with 'disses' and 'comebacks' of a 4th grader just calling me "cowboys fan, cowboys fan!" without having a man to man conversation. I've just proved to you I'm way more intelligent than you with how you handle a debate topic; you get beat and do the old 'whatever you're a cowboys fan go suck for luck.'

And again Mr. 12 year old, I'm not a cowboys fan nor will I ever be. And yeah God forbid I want us to get a Great QB like Andrew Luck. You realize you are the only person on this board who is continually defending DHall for not tackling Gronk yesterday. Sure the other two skins Gomes and Doughty, didn't tackle him well, but at least they made efforts! If Hall made an effort I wouldn't be here repeatedly trying to bang this into your head.

I'm done.
Bad tackling is a problem with this team. So you are saying that it is okay to have sorry a$$ tacklers as long as they try? Really? The guy that you are accusing makes a lot of mistakes but he tries (well in the past he has), shouldn't he be okay in your book by your definition?

Finally, I am not defending Hall, just saying that it is stupid for someone to focus on him, when we have two guys (Gomes and Doughty) who took a huge dump by failing to tackle Gronk on that play.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG

Last edited by Ruhskins; 12-13-2011 at 12:12 AM.
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:13 AM   #109
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,804
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Patriots)

Since I'm a Hall hater why not pile it on:

DeAngelo Hall watches two teammates not tackle Rob Gronkowski - DC Sports Bog - The Washington Post

There's a reason Atlanta and Oakland cut him. Personal fouls at the worst moments of the game and he can't cover and has diarrhea of the mouth.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth

Last edited by SFREDSKIN; 12-13-2011 at 12:15 AM.
SFREDSKIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:16 AM   #110
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,395
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Patriots)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
You're late. LOL.

By the way, I thought about you probably throwing something at the screen when your boy got flagged for that stupid unsportsmanlike conduct. I wouldn't have blamed you if you did.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG

Last edited by Ruhskins; 12-13-2011 at 12:17 AM.
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:18 AM   #111
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,395
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Patriots)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Since I'm a Hall hater why not pile it on:

DeAngelo Hall watches two teammates not tackle Rob Gronkowski - DC Sports Bog - The Washington Post

There's a reason Atlanta and Oakland cut him. Personal fouls at the worst moments of the game and he can't cover and has diarrhea of the mouth.
I don't know how MS didn't bench him after that flag incident. I was shocked that no one even got on his face about it.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:20 AM   #112
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,804
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Patriots)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
You're late. LOL.

By the way, I thought about you probably throwing something at the screen when your boy got flagged for that stupid unsportsmanlike conduct. I wouldn't have blamed you if you did.
I just laugh cause he's proving why I can't stand him so much and won't be around next year which brings me joy. Forgot to say he's always trying to start fights.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:35 AM   #113
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,336
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Patriots)

D Hall has quit and thats sad
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:01 AM   #114
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Patriots)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Bad tackling is a problem with this team. So you are saying that it is okay to have sorry a$$ tacklers as long as they try? Really? The guy that you are accusing makes a lot of mistakes but he tries (well in the past he has), shouldn't he be okay in your book by your definition?

Finally, I am not defending Hall, just saying that it is stupid for someone to focus on him, when we have two guys (Gomes and Doughty) who took a huge dump by failing to tackle Gronk on that play.
Absolutely Not. A couple of posts back I was saying we should cut Reed (And pretty much this whole year I've been saying that). Him and Gomes tackled awfully. But being that Gomes is a rookie I'll flag him for this one and remember this for if/when he screws up the next time. Reed, like I said, needs to go. But like I said, atleast they were making an effort to get him and be apart of the play. DHall who gets paid more than both of them put together, looked like he wanted no part of that play--he looked like he wanted to observe. He looked about as bad, if not worse, than Fat Albert on that play.

I have to say I respect you for responding to my post maturely though.
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:05 AM   #115
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,395
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Patriots)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Absolutely Not. A couple of posts back I was saying we should cut Reed (And pretty much this whole year I've been saying that). Him and Gomes tackled awfully. But being that Gomes is a rookie I'll flag him for this one and remember this for if/when he screws up the next time. Reed, like I said, needs to go. But like I said, atleast they were making an effort to get him and be apart of the play. DHall who gets paid more than both of them put together, looked like he wanted no part of that play--he looked like he wanted to observe. He looked about as bad, if not worse, than Fat Albert on that play.

I have to say I respect you for responding to my post maturely though.
Yeah I don't know about that. Good luck getting anyone to agree with you on that one.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:13 AM   #116
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Patriots)

Ruh and CB59: I admire you both for your insights. Don't forget we're all redonk frustrated w/ the franchise, or regime, or DHall, or Rex or etc, etc, etc. Losing sucks and that's that
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:21 AM   #117
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,103
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Patriots)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
He looked about as bad, if not worse, than Fat Albert on that play.
Not at all. Horrible comparison. If that was Fatal Bert he'dve been sitting on the ground openly pondering whether to fake an injury so he could ride off the field on a cart.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:15 AM   #118
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,421
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Patriots)

Looking at the video I see that Gronkowski at one point was slowed or almost stopped.
He was definitely looking like he was going out of bounds.
Hall could have torpedoed him and gotten crucified by the referees if he did that on the OB line.
Because of that I'll give Hall a pass.

The flag tossing penalty was huge though.
The guy is a dick and Shanahan has basically stated that he has lost faith in him.
Our whole secondary is a mess............
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968

Last edited by Alvin Walton; 12-13-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:32 AM   #119
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,730
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Patriots)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Since I'm a Hall hater why not pile it on:

DeAngelo Hall watches two teammates not tackle Rob Gronkowski - DC Sports Bog - The Washington Post

There's a reason Atlanta and Oakland cut him. Personal fouls at the worst moments of the game and he can't cover and has diarrhea of the mouth.
Exactly, when teams find good CBs they hold on to them. The fact that 2 teams cut DH speaks volumes about him. He's a bum and not the kind of guy teams can win with.

Last edited by irish; 12-13-2011 at 08:33 AM.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:59 AM   #120
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,395
Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Patriots)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Exactly, when teams find good CBs they hold on to them. The fact that 2 teams cut DH speaks volumes about him. He's a bum and not the kind of guy teams can win with.
Yet Shanahan continues to enabling his attitude here with the team. I would have expected a Haynesworth-like treatment if Hall was in MS' doghouse. Which leads me to believe that either a.) Hall's attitude is really not that big of a deal or b.) Shanahan doesn't care.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29378 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25