Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


The Big Rumor: If The Colts Take Luck, Then Manning Could Be...

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #211
The Starter
 
redsk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,351
Re: The Big Rumor: If The Colts Take Luck, Then Manning Could Be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
Lol no he would.not last with this.line....

But I.doubt this happens... we will not be released without another team wanting to trade for.him.if.indy shops him. I hope we don't give up picks for him ...
Manning is a quick release QB.

Our offensive line is not that bad. Plus, the offseason is not over. We've got some holes but:
TW-good LT
Ligtensteiger- Average to above average before injury
Chester- Average
RT needs help which can be addressed in FA/Draft

Just saying, but if we had PM, we could focus drafting on other areas playmakers, offensive line.
redsk1 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 01-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #212
The Starter
 
CrustyRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RatherbeinDC, TX
Posts: 2,473
Re: The Big Rumor: If The Colts Take Luck, Then Manning Could Be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsk1 View Post
Manning is a quick release QB.

Our offensive line is not that bad. Plus, the offseason is not over. We've got some holes but:
TW-good LT
Ligtensteiger- Average to above average before injury
Chester- Average
RT needs help which can be addressed in FA/Draft

Just saying, but if we had PM, we could focus drafting on other areas playmakers, offensive line.
Pretty tough Defenses in the ol NFC East , I dont think Manning would make very far. But having him around sure b
__________________
Special Teams and Defense!!!!
CrustyRedskin is offline  
Old 01-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #213
The Starter
 
CrustyRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RatherbeinDC, TX
Posts: 2,473
Re: The Big Rumor: If The Colts Take Luck, Then Manning Could Be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsk1 View Post
Manning is a quick release QB.

Our offensive line is not that bad. Plus, the offseason is not over. We've got some holes but:
TW-good LT
Ligtensteiger- Average to above average before injury
Chester- Average
RT needs help which can be addressed in FA/Draft

Just saying, but if we had PM, we could focus drafting on other areas playmakers, offensive line.
Pretty tough Defenses in the ol NFC East , I dont think Manning would make very far. But having him around sure beat the hell out of the status quo.
__________________
Special Teams and Defense!!!!
CrustyRedskin is offline  
Old 01-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #214
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: The Big Rumor: If The Colts Take Luck, Then Manning Could Be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Manning to the Jets with Tom Moore already there still makes the most sense.
exactly. and we cant forget his brother also plays in new york. im sure theyd love to live in the same city.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 01-13-2012, 12:49 PM   #215
Special Teams
 
SkinItup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 155
Re: The Big Rumor: If The Colts Take Luck, Then Manning Could Be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
exactly. and we cant forget his brother also plays in new york. im sure theyd love to live in the same city.
I dunno, Eli is getting alot of attention this year. Maybe Peyton wants to play and beat him a couple times a year, let Eli know who is still the best Manning QB.
SkinItup is offline  
Old 01-13-2012, 12:50 PM   #216
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: The Big Rumor: If The Colts Take Luck, Then Manning Could Be...

Whats so confusing about this Weinstein thing to me is that it sounds like Manning & Saturday to the Redskins would be via trade, but everyone seems to be saying it wouldnt be......

Also i heard that his neck injury is much less serious than people think. Apparently he had a one-level cervical neck fusion surgery, which is not that big of a deal. I cant remember who it was but i was listening to on Czeban the other day and guy came on and said that NFL teams do not even note "one" level cervical fusions surgeries anymore when scouting for the NFL draft or signing FA’s.

He said something like once its fixed its fixed and the odds of damaging it is the same as the odds of damaging a different cervical (rare). Its not supposed to be a thing that can become a reoccurring issue or jeopardize a players health. If you have more than 1 cervical fused then it becomes a big deal, but needing additional fusions are unlikely to be related. The guy did say that biggest issue with Manning is that he has missed almost an entire year of throwing and that Manning's may not ever be able to get his arm strength back because of that.

My 2 cents is trading for Manning would be very bad for this team. The only positive would be that Kyle wouldn’t really be our OC anymore. Manny don’t need no OC.

If we want to sign him as a FA then thats fine, but why in the world would Manning do that to himself?
__________________
mlmpetert is offline  
Old 01-13-2012, 01:03 PM   #217
The Starter
 
44Deezel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Davidsonville
Posts: 1,635
Re: The Big Rumor: If The Colts Take Luck, Then Manning Could Be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsk1 View Post
Manning is a quick release QB.

Our offensive line is not that bad. Plus, the offseason is not over. We've got some holes but:
TW-good LT
Ligtensteiger- Average to above average before injury
Chester- Average
RT needs help which can be addressed in FA/Draft

Just saying, but if we had PM, we could focus drafting on other areas playmakers, offensive line.

Seriously. So tired of the cracks at the O line. It isn't that bad and good QBs that keep Defenses honest and punish the blitz can negate the pass rush. We had rookie RBs going over 100 yards on the regular at the end of the year. Get off the O-line already. They'll add more depth in the off season anyway.
44Deezel is offline  
Old 01-13-2012, 01:05 PM   #218
The Starter
 
44Deezel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Davidsonville
Posts: 1,635
Re: The Big Rumor: If The Colts Take Luck, Then Manning Could Be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
Whats so confusing about this Weinstein thing to me is that it sounds like Manning & Saturday to the Redskins would be via trade, but everyone seems to be saying it wouldnt be......

Also i heard that his neck injury is much less serious than people think. Apparently he had a one-level cervical neck fusion surgery, which is not that big of a deal. I cant remember who it was but i was listening to on Czeban the other day and guy came on and said that NFL teams do not even note "one" level cervical fusions surgeries anymore when scouting for the NFL draft or signing FA’s.

He said something like once its fixed its fixed and the odds of damaging it is the same as the odds of damaging a different cervical (rare). Its not supposed to be a thing that can become a reoccurring issue or jeopardize a players health. If you have more than 1 cervical fused then it becomes a big deal, but needing additional fusions are unlikely to be related. The guy did say that biggest issue with Manning is that he has missed almost an entire year of throwing and that Manning's may not ever be able to get his arm strength back because of that.

My 2 cents is trading for Manning would be very bad for this team. The only positive would be that Kyle wouldn’t really be our OC anymore. Manny don’t need no OC.

If we want to sign him as a FA then thats fine, but why in the world would Manning do that to himself?
Hasn't he already had 2 or 3 neck surgeries already?
44Deezel is offline  
Old 01-13-2012, 01:28 PM   #219
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,840
Re: The Big Rumor: If The Colts Take Luck, Then Manning Could Be...

Call me crazy but I could get on board with the Manning idea. The way he prepares for the game, the way he sees the field, I honestly wouldn't have a problem giving him 3 years at the helm. I saw somebody say this in one of these qb threads we have here on the boards, but if we signed Manning (no trade), drafted Blackmon with our first, and took a guy like Tannehill or Foles with our second I'd be happy with that. I think Manning could give us adequate qb play or even more for about 3 seasons while the rookie learns. And in that scenario we don't trade picks to move up or anything like that. Sure we'd have to pay Manning but we all know we're willing to if it comes to that. The only potential problem is that Blackmon might not make it to #6, but moving up a couple spots to get him would probably be a lot easier than moving up to get RG3 or Luck. The coaches need to explore all options and I'd be satisfied if they chose this one.
mooby is offline  
Old 01-13-2012, 01:57 PM   #220
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: The Big Rumor: If The Colts Take Luck, Then Manning Could Be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Call me crazy but I could get on board with the Manning idea. The way he prepares for the game, the way he sees the field, I honestly wouldn't have a problem giving him 3 years at the helm. I saw somebody say this in one of these qb threads we have here on the boards, but if we signed Manning (no trade), drafted Blackmon with our first, and took a guy like Tannehill or Foles with our second I'd be happy with that. I think Manning could give us adequate qb play or even more for about 3 seasons while the rookie learns. And in that scenario we don't trade picks to move up or anything like that. Sure we'd have to pay Manning but we all know we're willing to if it comes to that. The only potential problem is that Blackmon might not make it to #6, but moving up a couple spots to get him would probably be a lot easier than moving up to get RG3 or Luck. The coaches need to explore all options and I'd be satisfied if they chose this one.
The Manning idea is starting to grow on me but I see McNabb2 each time I think about Manning coming to the Skins.

As for Blackmon I'm all for that if we can pick up a decent QB in FA. You mention being able to move up to get him since he might not be available at #6..... personally if we could move up for Blackmon then we should be able to move up for RGIII. The way I see if I figure either the Rams or Vikes will take Blackmon at #2 or #3, but if we were to be able to move up to get him then RGIII should still be on the table as well. No matter what it will cost the same to move up to get either and to be honest I think if we were able to move up no matter who we had as a FA QB I'd still say take RGIII until he can take over for whoever the FA is. There is a bigger class of decent WR's entering the draft vs. QB's.
SBXVII is offline  
Old 01-13-2012, 02:02 PM   #221
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: The Big Rumor: If The Colts Take Luck, Then Manning Could Be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
Hasn't he already had 2 or 3 neck surgeries already?
Yeah, im pretty confused about that too. I *think* the other 2 wernt really invasive surgeries, they were more along the lines of attempting to do something minimal in order to avoid the fusion which would have, and eventually did, cause him to miss the season. Also one of his surgeries may have been a stem cell transplant to prep the neck for the fusion for the greater likelihood of better or faster results.

The guy was saying that as long as the fusion was a success, which i think everyone is reporting it be, that its basically no longer an issue. Apparently there are a bunch of players that have had the same surgery that take or deliver much bigger hits then a QB gets and scouts / personal guys view these surgically fused “neck parts” as a non-issue.

But if it wasnt a success then Manning’s career would be over; which is probably a big part in why Manning tried the minimally invasive surgeries first. Either way the bigger issue is supposed to be his arm strength, and I would guess the things related to it like accuracy and touch.
__________________
mlmpetert is offline  
Old 01-13-2012, 02:04 PM   #222
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,515
Re: The Big Rumor: If The Colts Take Luck, Then Manning Could Be...

http://bostinno.com/2012/01/13/could...gton-redskins/
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline  
Old 01-13-2012, 02:06 PM   #223
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: The Big Rumor: If The Colts Take Luck, Then Manning Could Be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
Link didn't work for me "Page not found".
SBXVII is offline  
Old 01-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #224
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,635
Re: The Big Rumor: If The Colts Take Luck, Then Manning Could Be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
Whats so confusing about this Weinstein thing to me is that it sounds like Manning & Saturday to the Redskins would be via trade, but everyone seems to be saying it wouldnt be......

Also i heard that his neck injury is much less serious than people think. Apparently he had a one-level cervical neck fusion surgery, which is not that big of a deal. I cant remember who it was but i was listening to on Czeban the other day and guy came on and said that NFL teams do not even note "one" level cervical fusions surgeries anymore when scouting for the NFL draft or signing FA’s.

He said something like once its fixed its fixed and the odds of damaging it is the same as the odds of damaging a different cervical (rare). Its not supposed to be a thing that can become a reoccurring issue or jeopardize a players health. If you have more than 1 cervical fused then it becomes a big deal, but needing additional fusions are unlikely to be related. The guy did say that biggest issue with Manning is that he has missed almost an entire year of throwing and that Manning's may not ever be able to get his arm strength back because of that.

My 2 cents is trading for Manning would be very bad for this team. The only positive would be that Kyle wouldn’t really be our OC anymore. Manny don’t need no OC.

If we want to sign him as a FA then thats fine, but why in the world would Manning do that to himself?
Bram didn't say anything about a trade, it's only if Manning is a healthy free agent
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 01-13-2012, 02:13 PM   #225
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: The Big Rumor: If The Colts Take Luck, Then Manning Could Be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Link didn't work for me "Page not found".
Could Peyton Manning Be Headed to the Washington Redskins? | BostInno
tryfuhl is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33173 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25