Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


The Big Rumor: If The Colts Take Luck, Then Manning Could Be...

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2011, 11:37 AM   #121
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,008
Re: The Big Rumor: If The Colts Take Luck, Then Manning Could Be...

OH Hell! I thought Shanahan was the only one that pumped the media......
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
ďItís all the political correct idiots in America, thatís all it is. Itís got nothing to do with anything else.
-Mike Ditka
Hog1 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 12-27-2011, 01:23 PM   #122
Camp Scrub
 
simbosargos75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 62
Re: The Big Rumor: If The Colts Take Luck, Then Manning Could Be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Multiple 3rds perhaps. With one being a 4th with conditions to move up to a 3rd. Or if it's at least one 2nd you could get a 4th or 5th in return.

I don't know of any team, including the Redskins, that has Sanchez as a "must have" on their QB list. But he'll be considered by a few teams, including the Redskins, should he become available.
If the Redskins can get him for a 3rd and a conditional 4th (3rd round ceiling) I wouldn't hate it.

I don't really like any of the top qbs in this draft, so getting a decent veteran isn't a horrible idea IMO. Barkley is the guy I want long-term. That's gonna be tough though. He'll likely be the #1 overall pick in 2013.
simbosargos75 is offline  
Old 12-27-2011, 01:46 PM   #123
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,830
Re: The Big Rumor: If The Colts Take Luck, Then Manning Could Be...

If I'm the Redskins, I trade a 3rd for Sanchez, spend my first rounder on Justin Blackmon, then sit back and pop the bubbly.
mooby is offline  
Old 12-27-2011, 01:50 PM   #124
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,627
Re: The Big Rumor: If The Colts Take Luck, Then Manning Could Be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
If I'm the Redskins, I trade a 3rd for Sanchez, spend my first rounder on Justin Blackmon, then sit back and pop the bubbly.
Who do you spend the 2nd on?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 12-27-2011, 01:52 PM   #125
Playmaker
 
sportscurmudgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,159
Re: The Big Rumor: If The Colts Take Luck, Then Manning Could Be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehard View Post
What does a team have to do with their playbook to accomodate Manning. He obviously won't let Kyle the call plays...
Right there you have a serious upgrade to the Skins' offense.
__________________
The Sports Curmudgeon
www.sportscurmudgeon.com
But don't get me wrong, I love sports...
sportscurmudgeon is offline  
Old 12-27-2011, 01:58 PM   #126
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,104
Re: The Big Rumor: If The Colts Take Luck, Then Manning Could Be...

The colts won't let Manning go NO WAY.. In fact they won't even get the 1st pick after they beat JAX Sunday
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 12-27-2011, 01:58 PM   #127
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,262
Re: The Big Rumor: If The Colts Take Luck, Then Manning Could Be...

Foles
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is online now  
Old 12-27-2011, 02:18 PM   #128
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,515
Re: The Big Rumor: If The Colts Take Luck, Then Manning Could Be...

I don't know how I feel about Sanchez coming to Washington. Last year, I would have said YES, but after this season, eh?

This much I know. If we get him, let's still draft a quarterback.
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline  
Old 12-27-2011, 02:45 PM   #129
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Who do you spend the 2nd on?
A draft pick. Maybe a cornerback if Hall leaves. Maybe an o-lineman. Maybe even a qb if a good one is still available, like Tannehill.
mooby is offline  
Old 12-27-2011, 05:01 PM   #130
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: The Big Rumor: If The Colts Take Luck, Then Manning Could Be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Multiple 3rds perhaps. With one being a 4th with conditions to move up to a 3rd. Or if it's at least one 2nd you could get a 4th or 5th in return.

I don't know of any team, including the Redskins, that has Sanchez as a "must have" on their QB list. But he'll be considered by a few teams, including the Redskins, should he become available.
speaking of 3rds... any chance we get a compensatory 3rd rounder for rogers?
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 12-27-2011, 05:04 PM   #131
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: The Big Rumor: If The Colts Take Luck, Then Manning Could Be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
I don't know how I feel about Sanchez coming to Washington. Last year, I would have said YES, but after this season, eh?

This much I know. If we get him, let's still draft a quarterback.
i agree. im sure the jets would want more than we'd be willing to pay for sanchez. all things being equal, and assuming theres nothing we can do to get luck, i'd rather us trade for or aquire a servicable veteran QB and spend a couple of mid round picks on qb prospects.... im not particularly impressed with anyone other than luck at this point in the draft... certainly no ones first-round worthy... but alot can change between now and the draft.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 12-27-2011, 05:08 PM   #132
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,627
Re: The Big Rumor: If The Colts Take Luck, Then Manning Could Be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
speaking of 3rds... any chance we get a compensatory 3rd rounder for rogers?
Seriously doubt it
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 12-28-2011, 11:23 PM   #133
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,693
Re: The Big Rumor: If The Colts Take Luck, Then Manning Could Be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
If I'm the Redskins, I trade a 3rd for Sanchez, spend my first rounder on Justin Blackmon, then sit back and pop the bubbly.
So Sanchez can complete 4 of 24 attempts longer than 20 yards to Blackmon? NO THANKS. I don't want any parts of Sanchez in DC. I posted this idea a couple of pages ago in this thread and didn't get any feed back on it. What about this?

The way Indy is playing they will beat Jacksonville this week. You know St. Louis will lose to San Fran. If Minnesota loses to Chicago then St Louis has the #1. That means they could trade us the #1 for Andrew Luck OR trade us Bradford and draft Luck themselves.

Some people on here are not very high on Bradford but look at the crap he has had for an offense in St. Louis. I would take him over Sanchez any day.
Ideally, I would like to:
1) swap this years 1st, give up a future 1st and 2nd for the #1 and get Luck.
2) trade for Bradford somehow.
3) DON'T trade for Sanchez.
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for RG3

Last edited by SkinzWin; 12-28-2011 at 11:26 PM.
SkinzWin is offline  
Old 12-29-2011, 12:41 AM   #134
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,509
Re: The Big Rumor: If The Colts Take Luck, Then Manning Could Be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
So Sanchez can complete 4 of 24 attempts longer than 20 yards to Blackmon? NO THANKS. I don't want any parts of Sanchez in DC. I posted this idea a couple of pages ago in this thread and didn't get any feed back on it. What about this?

The way Indy is playing they will beat Jacksonville this week. You know St. Louis will lose to San Fran. If Minnesota loses to Chicago then St Louis has the #1. That means they could trade us the #1 for Andrew Luck OR trade us Bradford and draft Luck themselves.

Some people on here are not very high on Bradford but look at the crap he has had for an offense in St. Louis. I would take him over Sanchez any day.
Ideally, I would like to:
1) swap this years 1st, give up a future 1st and 2nd for the #1 and get Luck.
2) trade for Bradford somehow.
3) DON'T trade for Sanchez.
I'm with you, Bradford is a good one who is only going to get better. If we can get him we should do so. Bradford >>>>> Sanchez.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Old 12-29-2011, 01:34 AM   #135
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,104
Re: The Big Rumor: If The Colts Take Luck, Then Manning Could Be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzwin View Post
so sanchez can complete 4 of 24 attempts longer than 20 yards to blackmon? No thanks. I don't want any parts of sanchez in dc. I posted this idea a couple of pages ago in this thread and didn't get any feed back on it. What about this?

The way indy is playing they will beat jacksonville this week. You know st. Louis will lose to san fran. If minnesota loses to chicago then st louis has the #1. That means they could trade us the #1 for andrew luck or trade us bradford and draft luck themselves.

Some people on here are not very high on bradford but look at the crap he has had for an offense in st. Louis. I would take him over sanchez any day.
Ideally, i would like to:
1) swap this years 1st, give up a future 1st and 2nd for the #1 and get luck.
2) trade for bradford somehow.
3) don't trade for sanchez.

this
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.60770 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25