Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


What is Andrew Luck Worth?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2011, 02:42 PM   #16
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,731
Re: What is Andrew Luck Worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
If it is possible to get Luck, you get him. I'd pay any price listed in this thread to get him.
Why cant the Redskins find their QB later in the first round? GB didnt have to give up the farm to get their franchise QB but for some reason the Redskins talent evaluators just dont have the ability to find diamonds in the rough.

As for getting Cutler, I'd have much rather seen the Skins go after Palmer. Palmer has been the difference maker in turning Oakland around as they now have a legit QB that they havent had since Gannon. I think CP really could have made a similar impact here.

Last edited by irish; 12-26-2011 at 02:45 PM.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-26-2011, 03:02 PM   #17
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,033
Re: What is Andrew Luck Worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Why cant the Redskins find their QB later in the first round? GB didnt have to give up the farm to get their franchise QB but for some reason the Redskins talent evaluators just dont have the ability to find diamonds in the rough.

As for getting Cutler, I'd have much rather seen the Skins go after Palmer. Palmer has been the difference maker in turning Oakland around as they now have a legit QB that they havent had since Gannon. I think CP really could have made a similar impact here.
Every team in the league that doesnt have a top ten QB is in the same boat. The thing is we can draft a QB in the seventh round. No one really ever knows, but the higher you pick the better chance you have of picking a great one. GB tried like hell to trade the pick and could not find a partner. To bad the Redskins trade up to take the next pick and get Campbell.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:08 PM   #18
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 4,952
Re: What is Andrew Luck Worth?

Bold prediction time-Colts beat the Jags and Rams lose to Niners on Sunday giving the Rams the #1 overall pick in the 2012 draft.

In the preamble to the draft, knowing the Rams will deal the pick, the Luck camp lets it be known that the Redskins are Andrew's preference citing proximity to home (West Virginia) and Shanahan's reputation with QB plus uncertainty at the other potential landing spots (Cleveland with an unproven Pat Shurmer, Miami with ??? and Indy with Manning's situation)

The morning of the draft we secure the #1 pick for 2012 1st and 3rd, 2013 1st and 3rd & our 2014 2nd for the #1 overall in 2012 plus a 5th this year and a 4th next year.

Book it as done and it will be worth it.
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:14 PM   #19
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 4,952
Re: What is Andrew Luck Worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Why cant the Redskins find their QB later in the first round? GB didnt have to give up the farm to get their franchise QB but for some reason the Redskins talent evaluators just dont have the ability to find diamonds in the rough.

As for getting Cutler, I'd have much rather seen the Skins go after Palmer. Palmer has been the difference maker in turning Oakland around as they now have a legit QB that they havent had since Gannon. I think CP really could have made a similar impact here.
You realize when Campbell got hurt they were in first place and looking at a 10 or 11 win season right? Granted McFadden getting hurt had a lot to do with the fact that they've been inconsistent with Palmer but he hasn't been worth the price (meaning being lights out, unquestionably changed the position) at all.
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:17 PM   #20
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,465
Re: What is Andrew Luck Worth?

3?
.........NO first round 'till 2015? No thanx..........
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:26 PM   #21
Playmaker
 
celts32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hackettstown NJ
Age: 43
Posts: 2,656
Re: What is Andrew Luck Worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Cutler has been to the playoffs one out of three seasons in Chicago, and Chicago was a much better, younger team when they acquired him. I have no idea why you think we would have been in the playoffs this year if we pulled the trigger.

We are not a good team even with Trent Williams, Orakpo, and Kevin Barnes.
The Bears were the 2nd best team in the NFC when Cutler went down this year and his value and for that matter the value of having a good QB has been proven by the way the bears have played without him. I believe the Redskins are closer to winning then you do. QB play affects the whole team as we have seen in DC. The Redskins would easily be 3 or 4 wins better with quality play at the QB position and Cutler knows how to run this offense at a high level.
__________________
Section 115 Row 23

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

http://victorybeer.com/
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:53 PM   #22
Registered User
 
Landry44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 299
Re: What is Andrew Luck Worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
I agree, especially a player who has never taken a snap in pro football.
I don't think people are considering the risk with investing so much in one player. I know he's been hyped up to be a once in a generation type of player. He's going to have a lot of pressure on him to produce right away which I think he can under the right circumstances. I don't think we have the players on this team right now for him to be successful right away. The way I look at it, this team needs at least two more good drafts to be a consistent winner; not just one player. Giving up three first rounders will set us back for years even if Luck turns out to be who many believe he will be. We all know we need franchise guy to be a consistent winner. You also need quality guys around him and depth. Mortgaging away the next three drafts is not smart move when you can draft a guy and develop him. Now there are some trades that we should consider, but three first rounders is not one of them.
Landry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:59 PM   #23
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,804
Re: What is Andrew Luck Worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Jay Glazer, Peter King, and Charley Casserly have all heard the same report that Andrew Luck is worth at least 3 first round picks.

Would you trade 3 first rounders for 'the most sure thing at QB since Peyton Manning'?

Remember just because they ask for three first rounders doesn't mean:
A) it has to be 3 firsts, it could be the value of 3 firsts
B) it has to be 3 consecutive years of giving up a first rounder
No freakin' way. Not worth it.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 04:01 PM   #24
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,804
Re: What is Andrew Luck Worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Why cant the Redskins find their QB later in the first round? GB didnt have to give up the farm to get their franchise QB but for some reason the Redskins talent evaluators just dont have the ability to find diamonds in the rough.

As for getting Cutler, I'd have much rather seen the Skins go after Palmer. Palmer has been the difference maker in turning Oakland around as they now have a legit QB that they havent had since Gannon. I think CP really could have made a similar impact here.
Palmer has looked terrible at times. Could be rust but his last few years with Cincy were not that good. He could never regain the form he had his first few years. Oakland gave up way too much. They were doing just fine with JC.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 04:29 PM   #25
Registered User
 
Landry44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 299
Re: What is Andrew Luck Worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Why cant the Redskins find their QB later in the first round? GB didnt have to give up the farm to get their franchise QB but for some reason the Redskins talent evaluators just dont have the ability to find diamonds in the rough.

As for getting Cutler, I'd have much rather seen the Skins go after Palmer. Palmer has been the difference maker in turning Oakland around as they now have a legit QB that they havent had since Gannon. I think CP really could have made a similar impact here.
A lot of fans are acting like Luck is our only hope of being a contender. I can understand why they covet this guy, however, I don't think he's worth what it would cost to get him. I agree with you that we can get our guy in the later part of the first round or even the second round. In my opinion, a qb's success depends heavily on the system and supporting cast. GB did a excellent job developing Aaron Rogers and putting excellent talent around him. People didn't consider Rogers as a once in a generation player, yet he's playing like one. One of the main reasons he's been so successful is because he's a perfect fit for the system he's playing in and has an excellent supporting cast. All we have to do is find the guy that fits our system like a glove. There are enough quality guys in this draft to find just that without trading way the future.

Lets say for argument sake that we can't find our guy in this draft. We can still improve this offense and build depth so when we do finally get our guy he will have to supporting cast around him to be successful. One way or the other we're going to need to upgrade our qb position, ol and wrs core. It doesn't matter in which order we do it. It something that needs to be done for us to be successful. There are a lot of quality wrs, te, and ol in this draft from round 1-5. I see no reason to not to trade back and stack up on picks to build quality depth on this team if RG3 is unavailable to us. I know here is a lot of people here that's going to disagree with me, but this is the way I see it.
Landry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 04:42 PM   #26
The Starter
 
diehard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Norfolk, Va (OV)
Posts: 1,566
Re: What is Andrew Luck Worth?

If could I see into the future and know that Luck will be the franchise QB everyone thinks he will be then sure, he's worth 2/3 first rounders. Because no one knows how he'll pan out with THIS team, he's not worth the risk.
__________________
'Any NFL team will win with RG3. Imagine how exciting it will be watching him do it.'
diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 04:45 PM   #27
Registered User
 
Landry44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 299
Re: What is Andrew Luck Worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehard View Post
If could I see into the future and know that Luck will be the franchise QB everyone thinks he will be then sure, he's worth 2/3 first rounders. Because no one knows how he'll pan out with THIS team, he's not worth the risk.
Thank you brother for talking sense.
Landry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 05:12 PM   #28
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,013
Re: What is Andrew Luck Worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Why cant the Redskins find their QB later in the first round? GB didnt have to give up the farm to get their franchise QB but for some reason the Redskins talent evaluators just dont have the ability to find diamonds in the rough.

As for getting Cutler, I'd have much rather seen the Skins go after Palmer. Palmer has been the difference maker in turning Oakland around as they now have a legit QB that they havent had since Gannon. I think CP really could have made a similar impact here.
Your first paragraph offers a fair argument. It certainly would be good to find an Aaron Rodgers at #24.

In most years I would be 100% behind your argument. But this is not a normal year because Luck is not a normal QB prospect. I think with Luck the very sensible and intelligent argument that "no player is worth all of those picks" gets thrown out of the window.

Put differently: if the Colts had had to trade 3 high picks to get Peyton Manning in 1998, would it have been worth it to them? It seems to me that the answer is yes.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 05:38 PM   #29
Special Teams
 
TenandSix:Unacceptable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 324
Re: What is Andrew Luck Worth?

It's time for us to go after the qb we want. In fact, it's long overdue. Give up whatever is necessary to make that happen. Do not find some stop-gap player if we can't get what we want. Grossman is just as good as any other if we have to wait another year. But for the love of God, if the opportunity is there to get a Manning, Bradford, Luck or RG3 type player- pull the trigger.
TenandSix:Unacceptable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 05:38 PM   #30
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,226
Re: What is Andrew Luck Worth?

If the Rams get the #1 pick, I think we will pull the trigger on the Luck trade.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30046 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25