Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Coaching Changes

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #136
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,405
Re: Coaching Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I thought Curt Warner did ok.
You don't remember Warner being broken down and battered when he got to NY?
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-04-2012, 12:45 PM   #137
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,494
Re: Coaching Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
What we have now isn't so hot either.
I'm not looking forward to seeing Cooley run the ball two downs in a row again.
Well you definitely don't have to worry about that with Martz, he's got no use for fullbacks or tight ends.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:07 PM   #138
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,246
Re: Coaching Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
You don't remember Warner being broken down and battered when he got to NY?
....I did'nt think he played to bad for us yet he did get hurt and in comes Eli but he did pretty well with the Cards after that .......he had a pretty good career as a QB and played for what 15 years? (not sure /asking)
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:26 PM   #139
Playmaker
 
CrustyRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RatherbeinDC, TX
Posts: 2,678
Re: Coaching Changes

Here are some coaches that are available, maybe Shanahan might just take a look at.

Ron Zook- IDK and DC

Spaggs- Good D, should have done better with Rams IMO.

Jo Pa- Cant Remember if he was a D or O guy, maybe use him as a kicking coach for Gano

Washington University’s entire defensive coaching staff

Turner Gill- I wouldn’t mind seeing Rex run the option

Mike Martz- Would make a great Arena League OC.

Mike Sherman- Didn’t he used to be a good coach in the NFL, Packers maybe?

Jack Del Rio- Danny Smith replacement maybe?? Yeah come on.


BTW- Kurt Warner was the QB and Curt Warner was the old Seahawk running back. I think.
__________________
Lafayette, we're here.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.

Last edited by CrustyRedskin; 01-04-2012 at 01:29 PM.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:41 PM   #140
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Coaching Changes

If we're going to replace any coaches, I'd look first at Bob Slowik and Steve Jackson. I know you can only do so much with the the talent in front of you, but our secondary was terrible all year.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:13 PM   #141
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,596
Re: Coaching Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
If we're going to replace any coaches, I'd look first at Bob Slowik and Steve Jackson. I know you can only do so much with the the talent in front of you, but our secondary was terrible all year.
This move is absolutely imperative for Shanny and FO to make, I believe. We cannot compete in shoot-out game with our offense, we need to slow down opponents' passing game, in order for us to stay competitive in games.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:06 PM   #142
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Coaching Changes

So what's the latest on Bill Cowher? Haven't heard his name in a while.

Another guy who I think should get a look as a HC is Mike Zimmer. I saw they were mentioning him on SC earlier this morning. He's a damn good coach and a hell of a man. His players would lay in traffic for him, too. I know all the talk is about Dalton/AJ Green, but that team isn't in the playoffs without Zimmer's D.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #143
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,725
Re: Coaching Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
So what's the latest on Bill Cowher? Haven't heard his name in a while.

Another guy who I think should get a look as a HC is Mike Zimmer. I saw they were mentioning him on SC earlier this morning. He's a damn good coach and a hell of a man. His players would lay in traffic for him, too. I know all the talk is about Dalton/AJ Green, but that team isn't in the playoffs without Zimmer's D.
I listen to SiriusXM NFL radio all the time and the guys who host are close with Cowher. They say he said he is not coming back to coach this year. End of story.
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for RG3
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #144
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,494
Re: Coaching Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
I listen to SiriusXM NFL radio all the time and the guys who host are close with Cowher. They say he said he is not coming back to coach this year. End of story.
I heard the same thing.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:18 PM   #145
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,967
Re: Coaching Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
I listen to SiriusXM NFL radio all the time and the guys who host are close with Cowher. They say he said he is not coming back to coach this year. End of story.
The Dolphins reached out to him, apparently with a pretty sick offer. And yeah, he said no dice. Same for Gruden
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:40 PM   #146
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Coaching Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
So what's the latest on Bill Cowher? Haven't heard his name in a while.

Another guy who I think should get a look as a HC is Mike Zimmer. I saw they were mentioning him on SC earlier this morning. He's a damn good coach and a hell of a man. His players would lay in traffic for him, too. I know all the talk is about Dalton/AJ Green, but that team isn't in the playoffs without Zimmer's D.
Feel bad about omitting Zimmer in my list of head coaching candidates in another thread. He's well cut out for that kind of promotion, something that not many defensive guys are. He's kind of like Mike Smith or Lovie Smith: has the mind to be an asset head coach.

My thing with defensive head coaches is that they tend to be too hands off with the offense. It's not like you want them calling plays for you on offense, but it's impossible to manage the game really well without being involved in the offensive game plan and the execution of it.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:25 PM   #147
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Coaching Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
Here are some coaches that are available, maybe Shanahan might just take a look at.

Ron Zook- IDK and DC

Spaggs- Good D, should have done better with Rams IMO.

Jo Pa- Cant Remember if he was a D or O guy, maybe use him as a kicking coach for Gano

Washington University’s entire defensive coaching staff

Turner Gill- I wouldn’t mind seeing Rex run the option

Mike Martz- Would make a great Arena League OC.

Mike Sherman- Didn’t he used to be a good coach in the NFL, Packers maybe?

Jack Del Rio- Danny Smith replacement maybe?? Yeah come on.


BTW- Kurt Warner was the QB and Curt Warner was the old Seahawk running back. I think.
I don't know why when I think of Jack Del Rio I think of him as a LB coach not a ST's coach.

The Colts fired their ST's coach.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:20 AM   #148
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,967
Re: Coaching Changes

You guys have probably heard Redskins met with Raheem Morris. Don't know anymore than that right now. He is a former DB coach and both Slowik and Jackson are on the hot seat.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:59 AM   #149
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,108
Re: Coaching Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
You guys have probably heard Redskins met with Raheem Morris. Don't know anymore than that right now. He is a former DB coach and both Slowik and Jackson are on the hot seat.
I'd bring him in as a db coach. As has been said, Slowik and Jackson need to go.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:07 AM   #150
Special Teams
 
polywog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Somewhere in Maryland....
Posts: 196
Re: Coaching Changes

Head coach needs to pick his coaching staff - I think the redskins have a habit of picking a "dream team" of coaches; ones that may not necessarily be on the same page.
polywog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27172 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25