Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2012, 12:40 AM   #301
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,022
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
No, but would you be against signing Matt Flynn then drafting Justin Blackmon in the first and taking Tannehill or Foles in the 2nd anyways?
I would have no problem at all with that scenario.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  

Advertisements
Old 01-08-2012, 12:57 AM   #302
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,195
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I would have no problem at all with that scenario.
I am thinking that is option 1B in Shanny's mind.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 01-08-2012, 12:58 AM   #303
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
No, but would you be against signing Matt Flynn then drafting Justin Blackmon in the first and taking Tannehill or Foles in the 2nd anyways?
Better off doing that exact thing without signing Flynn.

If we're after a non-Grossman veteran, I think there are plenty of more appealing options. If we think Flynn is going to be a top 7 or 8 QB in the NFL (and obviously then the best in the FA class), we should go after him, but I have no idea what we would be basing that on.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 01-08-2012, 01:09 AM   #304
The Starter
 
NM Redskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,009
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
No, but would you be against signing Matt Flynn then drafting Justin Blackmon in the first and taking Tannehill or Foles in the 2nd anyways?
What would we be giving up for Flynn? A 3rd?
__________________
Despite my solid 40 time and great intangibles I went undrafted AGAIN!
NM Redskin is offline  
Old 01-08-2012, 01:12 AM   #305
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,195
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

I don't really want Flynn either. In my pre-combine draft rankings I have Tannehill and Foles 3rd and 4th respectively with Tannehill getting a late 1st round grade and Foles getting a mid 2nd round grade. Now last year we missed out on Andy Dalton an Colin Caepernick, (Not mad about that at all) this year is very similar to last year exception being there is no Christian Ponder reach-esque QB (YET) Although Tannehill maybe that guy, In my view you can't take Tannehill at 6. Too much reach and pressure. Now no one including me believes RGIII will last until pick six, so lets say we take Blackmon or Claiborne. Now it's pick 20, Tannehill is still on the board, do you trade up to get him or fall back and take Foles as a "consilation" prize? So basically it's Tannehill vs. Foles, do you give up a potential 1st rd pick in 2013 for Tannehill now?
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 01-08-2012, 01:13 AM   #306
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,195
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM Redskin View Post
What would we be giving up for Flynn? A 3rd?
Nothing. He is a unrestricted FA.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 01-08-2012, 01:14 AM   #307
Mr. Brightside
 
Big C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Age: 28
Posts: 4,442
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
I don't really want Flynn either. In my pre-combine draft rankings I have Tannehill and Foles 3rd and 4th respectively with Tannehill getting a late 1st round grade and Foles getting a mid 2nd round grade. Now last year we missed out on Andy Dalton an Colin Caepernick, (Not mad about that at all) this year is very similar to last year exception being there is no Christian Ponder reach-esque QB (YET) Although Tannehill maybe that guy, In my view you can't take Tannehill at 6. Too much reach and pressure. Now no one including me believes RGIII will last until pick six, so lets say we take Blackmon or Claiborne. Now it's pick 20, Tannehill is still on the board, do you trade up to get him or fall back and take Foles as a "consilation" prize? So basically it's Tannehill vs. Foles, do you give up a potential 1st rd pick in 2013 for Tannehill now?
absolutely not. i'd be happy with taking blackmon at 6 if RG3 isnt there, and trading into the late 1st to get foles or tannehill, but absolutely not for a future 1st. id give up the 2nd and maybe a 4th or something. trading into the back end of the 1st shouldnt require a future 1st.
__________________
"I don't care what nobody say I'm a be me, stay hood stay real, cause I'm out here grindin'" -Joe Gibbs
Big C is offline  
Old 01-08-2012, 01:15 AM   #308
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,729
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Has anyone mentioned the possibility of acquiring TJ Yates?
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 01-08-2012, 01:16 AM   #309
Mr. Brightside
 
Big C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Age: 28
Posts: 4,442
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Has anyone mentioned the possibility of acquiring TJ Yates?
hes been very average on a team with a hell of a lot more weapons that we have, in the same system. i didnt think he was any good in college, and i dont think he will be more than a backup in the pros.
__________________
"I don't care what nobody say I'm a be me, stay hood stay real, cause I'm out here grindin'" -Joe Gibbs
Big C is offline  
Old 01-08-2012, 01:18 AM   #310
The Starter
 
NM Redskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,009
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Nothing. He is a unrestricted FA.
I guess a lot depends on GB getting Finley signed and GB using the franchise tag on Flynn. I just cant imagine GB letting Flynn go for nothing.
__________________
Despite my solid 40 time and great intangibles I went undrafted AGAIN!
NM Redskin is offline  
Old 01-08-2012, 01:29 AM   #311
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,195
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post
absolutely not. i'd be happy with taking blackmon at 6 if RG3 isnt there, and trading into the late 1st to get foles or tannehill, but absolutely not for a future 1st. id give up the 2nd and maybe a 4th or something. trading into the back end of the 1st shouldnt require a future 1st.
Doesn't require it but to jump from 38-40 to 20 might. So you would sit back and hope Tannehill is there at 38-40 (Which is doubtful with Matt "Charles" Barkley and Dawan LaRon Landry Jones Drew Bledsoe returning to school.) From what I see I think Foles COULD be the 2nd best QB in this draft but also has the highest bust potential in the draft at QB too.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 01-08-2012, 01:33 AM   #312
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,195
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Has anyone mentioned the possibility of acquiring TJ Yates?
Should we acquire TJ Yates??
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 01-08-2012, 01:34 AM   #313
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,883
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Blackmon will be gone before 6 and Tannehill won't last beyond 12 IMO.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is online now  
Old 01-08-2012, 01:37 AM   #314
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,195
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Blackmon will be gone before 6 and Tannehill won't last beyond 12 IMO.
So you just had to rain on my parade huh? And on Wild Card weekend too? For shame "Praying" Lotus.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 01-08-2012, 01:56 AM   #315
Mr. Brightside
 
Big C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Age: 28
Posts: 4,442
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Doesn't require it but to jump from 38-40 to 20 might. So you would sit back and hope Tannehill is there at 38-40 (Which is doubtful with Matt "Charles" Barkley and Dawan LaRon Landry Jones Drew Bledsoe returning to school.) From what I see I think Foles COULD be the 2nd best QB in this draft but also has the highest bust potential in the draft at QB too.
i wouldnt give up a future 1st for tannehill or foles, bottom line. neither of them are worth that kind of investment imo.
__________________
"I don't care what nobody say I'm a be me, stay hood stay real, cause I'm out here grindin'" -Joe Gibbs
Big C is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30253 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25