Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 04:20 PM   #616
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,246
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Nothing like getting worked up over mock drafts and rumors in January.

C'mon peeps, get it together!

I'm telling you, these fans are getting so hyped up about trading up for RGIII that they are setting themselves up with a huge letdown if/when Shanny doesn't sell the farm for him. You will then see a wave of anger and Shanny bashing the likes that God hasn't even seen.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  

Advertisements
Old 01-17-2012, 04:22 PM   #617
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,725
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowbyte View Post
And I vehemently disagree since nothing he's done thus far has translated into more wins. Until he does I will continue to judge him by his record.
So you are telling me that this team is no better or worse than last year and the year before?!?

You have to have all the pieces before you can put the puzzle together. Otherwise you spend all that time flipping all the pieces right side up (drafting and FA), putting the boarders together (strengthening and developing mental and physical skills) only to find that your puzzle is incomplete and doesn't look right (can't win games).

We are in a better place than we were two years ago regardless of our record, and if you refuse to see that, then I don't know what to tell you.
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for RG3
SkinzWin is offline  
Old 01-17-2012, 04:24 PM   #618
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,666
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I'm telling you, these fans are getting so hyped up about trading up for RGIII that they are setting themselves up with a huge letdown if/when Shanny doesn't sell the farm for him. You will then see a wave of anger and Shanny bashing the likes that God hasn't even seen.
And the bashing Shanahan will get if we do bet the farm on RG III and he winds up being a bust.
__________________
"Fire Up That Diesel!"
skinsguy is offline  
Old 01-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #619
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,561
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I'm telling you, these fans are getting so hyped up about trading up for RGIII that they are setting themselves up with a huge letdown if/when Shanny doesn't sell the farm for him. You will then see a wave of anger and Shanny bashing the likes that God hasn't even seen.
Yeah some definitely seem to be setting themselves up to be disappointed. Who knows what Shanny even thinks of RG3 or what his overall plan is for QB?

I for one wouldn't be disappointed if we sat back like last year and picked up extra picks. This team has plenty of holes to fill. A QB isn't going to solve everything overnight.

Cleveland has the extra picks to play with, a move up for them makes more sense than the Skins moving up.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 01-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #620
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,246
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
And the bashing Shanahan will get if we do bet the farm on RG III and he winds up being a bust.
It's a no win situation for him.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 01-17-2012, 04:35 PM   #621
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,666
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Here you go Shadowbyte, maybe this will calm your heels a bit:

Mock Drafts 2012: Blackmon falls to Browns at No. 4
__________________
"Fire Up That Diesel!"
skinsguy is offline  
Old 01-17-2012, 04:37 PM   #622
Impact Rookie
 
Redskin Jim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Orleans, LA- via VA
Age: 36
Posts: 635
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
And the bashing Shanahan will get if we do bet the farm on RG III and he winds up being a bust.
This is exactly what I'm worried about. Jason Campbell, Patrick Ramsey, Gus Frerotte, #5 I forget his name, these were all "can't miss, sure fire pro-bowlers", that were going to lead us to the promised land. I am extremely leery to mortgage the teams future on a QB that IS A SURE FIRE BACK UP DAY 1. He is a true spread QB coming out of college and will not have success day 1 because he NEEDS the time and practice to become a professional, and learn the position and playbook he will be expected to play. Will he become a great QB? Maybe, he certainly displays great athletic skills, and by all accounts is an intelligent and hard working young man, but that doesn't mean he is going to come in and light it up day one. History says that it is more likely to come in and fall flat on his face than the opposite.
__________________
Hail to The REDSKINS
Redskin Jim is offline  
Old 01-17-2012, 04:45 PM   #623
Impact Rookie
 
Bubba305-ST21-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 683
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Jim View Post
This is exactly what I'm worried about. Jason Campbell, Patrick Ramsey, Gus Frerotte, #5 I forget his name, these were all "can't miss, sure fire pro-bowlers", that were going to lead us to the promised land. I am extremely leery to mortgage the teams future on a QB that IS A SURE FIRE BACK UP DAY 1. He is a true spread QB coming out of college and will not have success day 1 because he NEEDS the time and practice to become a professional, and learn the position and playbook he will be expected to play. Will he become a great QB? Maybe, he certainly displays great athletic skills, and by all accounts is an intelligent and hard working young man, but that doesn't mean he is going to come in and light it up day one. History says that it is more likely to come in and fall flat on his face than the opposite.
well i would like to take the chance, rather than just be ok or a decent team at best forever
__________________
never another.....R.I.P. Sean T #21
Bubba305-ST21- is offline  
Old 01-17-2012, 04:47 PM   #624
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,666
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Jim View Post
This is exactly what I'm worried about. Jason Campbell, Patrick Ramsey, Gus Frerotte, #5 I forget his name, these were all "can't miss, sure fire pro-bowlers", that were going to lead us to the promised land. I am extremely leery to mortgage the teams future on a QB that IS A SURE FIRE BACK UP DAY 1. He is a true spread QB coming out of college and will not have success day 1 because he NEEDS the time and practice to become a professional, and learn the position and playbook he will be expected to play. Will he become a great QB? Maybe, he certainly displays great athletic skills, and by all accounts is an intelligent and hard working young man, but that doesn't mean he is going to come in and light it up day one. History says that it is more likely to come in and fall flat on his face than the opposite.
Heath Shuler. I'd wouldn't include Gus Frerotte. He was a seventh rounder who actually played pretty well for the 'skins for the most part. He wasn't expected to be the starter (Heath was.)
__________________
"Fire Up That Diesel!"
skinsguy is offline  
Old 01-17-2012, 04:52 PM   #625
Impact Rookie
 
Redskin Jim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Orleans, LA- via VA
Age: 36
Posts: 635
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba305-ST21- View Post
well i would like to take the chance, rather than just be ok or a decent team at best forever
Fair enough, I too yearn for the day that the Skins return to greatness, and perennial contender status. I am extremely afraid to see a "Ricky Williams type deal" go down for RGIII.
__________________
Hail to The REDSKINS
Redskin Jim is offline  
Old 01-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #626
Impact Rookie
 
Redskin Jim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Orleans, LA- via VA
Age: 36
Posts: 635
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
Heath Shuler. I'd wouldn't include Gus Frerotte. He was a seventh rounder who actually played pretty well for the 'skins for the most part. He wasn't expected to be the starter (Heath was.)
Heath Shuler! Man, I was racking my brain for his name. Thanks.
__________________
Hail to The REDSKINS
Redskin Jim is offline  
Old 01-17-2012, 04:55 PM   #627
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,238
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowbyte View Post
And I vehemently disagree since nothing he's done thus far has translated into more wins. Until he does I will continue to judge him by his record.
When rebuilding a team you cannot expect instant gratification. We've tried that route before. You're probably the first guy blasting Dan Snyder when we go out and get free agents or mortgage picks for a higher pick/player. What I've seen is an increase in the amount of young talent we have on our roster. Our draft last year was one of the best in the NFL. We had multiple young players contributing to this team.

Kerrigan played well all season, Helu/Royster stepped it up late, Hurt/Neild both did well in some reserve time. Hankerson had one good game then got hurt, but we saw some talent there. I typically give WRs 3 years to start to produce before giving up, so he is ahead of the all-important Daseal schedule!

There seems to be so much hate pointed towards Shanny and I simply don't see it. Our team was bad this season, but I see a lot of positives to build on which is not typically how I see this Redskins team.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline  
Old 01-17-2012, 04:58 PM   #628
Impact Rookie
 
Bubba305-ST21-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 683
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Jim View Post
Fair enough, I too yearn for the day that the Skins return to greatness, and perennial contender status. I am extremely afraid to see a "Ricky Williams type deal" go down for RGIII.
yea i agree. but i would also hate to see us sit back and not try and get him and him get drafted and be on highlights for years to come as he helps a young team mature and make the playoffs while we are on here debating again on who we should get at qb. I just think guys like Griffin are far and few between with his accuracy, athletic ability, and most important his mindset. we need him.
__________________
never another.....R.I.P. Sean T #21
Bubba305-ST21- is offline  
Old 01-17-2012, 05:11 PM   #629
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 28
Posts: 16,398
Matt Flynn will be signed March 1

#Hail to the Redskins
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 01-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #630
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,975
Re: The "Inside Word" on the QB Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Matt Flynn will be signed March 1

#Hail to the Redskins
How do you figure? Getting franchised?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32028 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25